Got A Question about the team? Fantasy? History? Trade Proposal? ASK HERE!

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Hello Devils fans. Kings fan here who's considering a proposal in Fantasy to acquire Adam Larsson. Just wanted some input from you all.

What's his ceiling (offensively and in general), and what are the chances he reaches that ceiling? Is his development coming along nicely? I heard things improved after DeBoer was let go.

Thanks in advance!

I still think his ceiling in general is through the roof. He's so incredibly smart and aware in all 3 zones, but his physical tools (skating, stickhandling) aren't up to the same level of recent "first D picked" defensemen like Jones or Ekblad. Obviously, the biggest issue with him is uncertainty. Was Deboer really holding him back (yes he was :D), or is he just a late-bloomer? Either way, no one's entirely sure what they have in Larsson yet, which makes him so tough to project.

But just this past season, after Deboer was fired, he was playing at a near 50-point pace, and that was with Jordin Tootoo playing more than double the amount of PP time Larsson got. So the potential is absolutely there. My advice would be, if you're gonna try and get him, get him now, while his value is still likely very low.

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
In a fantasy keeper league. Got the following offer:

To NJD- RW Anthony Mantha, D Jonathan Ericsson 2016 3rd

To Det- C Blake Coleman, LW Reid Boucher, D Eric Gelinas 2016 1st, 2017 2nd

Like Mantha alot but that seems pretty steep to me. Need some input

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Just made this trade in my keeper league, what do you guys think?

I get:
Dennis Wideman, Jason Spezza, and a 6th round pick

For:
Patrick Sharp, and a 5th round pick.

I personally think I made a great trade and got the better end of the trade. I just joined the league and inherited one of the worst teams in the league and have no defense at all. So I figured this would be a solid move for me to pick up a good Dman and a solid Center.

Edit: Also just traded that 6th round pick for Roman Josi and a 10th round pick.

So I turned Sharp and a 5th into Wideman, Spezza, Josi, and a 10th.

Last edited:

MooseDupont

Sep 25, 2006
Do I need to worry about Palmieri's current injury or is it really just a tweak as is being reported and will he be ready for opening night.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Do I need to worry about Palmieri's current injury or is it really just a tweak as is being reported and will he be ready for opening night.

if Lou was still GM, a "small tweak" would be out 4-6 weeks :laugh:

I think youre fine though, probably just holding him to make sure hes ready. were down 1 roster winger as it is

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
if Lou was still GM, a "small tweak" would be out 4-6 weeks :laugh:

I think youre fine though, probably just holding him to make sure hes ready. were down 1 roster winger as it is

We don't yet know if that's true of new management too lol although they were pretty transparent with Boucher's concussion and Elias missing Opening Night

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
Adam Larsson

Owner of Larsson in a deep dynasty league.

Why doesn't he get PP time right now?

He's only 22, but why can't he play ES, PK, and PP? Like 26+ min? Is he simply not good enough for that type of minute load?

Serious question. Tell me his strengths, weaknesses, future outlook.

He's a top-pairing defensive dman right now @ 22. When he's 24-25, how will he be better? Will he play the same role, just better, or will be be anchoring the 1st PP unit in the future as well?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Hynes typically likes going with 4 forwards on the PP so really only 2-3 DMen ever see PP time. Severson is a better offensive player currently and isn't nearly as good defensively as Larsson, so Severson plays the big PP minutes whereas Larsson plays the big SH minutes. Gelinas is the only other DMan averaging over 1 minute/game of PP time and he has been sat the past few. For whatever reason, Hynes also likes using Schlemko on the PP

I agree he probably could play all those minutes but I don't think that they want to overload him right now

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Owner of Larsson in a deep dynasty league.

Why doesn't he get PP time right now?

He's only 22, but why can't he play ES, PK, and PP? Like 26+ min? Is he simply not good enough for that type of minute load?

Serious question. Tell me his strengths, weaknesses, future outlook.

He's a top-pairing defensive dman right now @ 22. When he's 24-25, how will he be better? Will he play the same role, just better, or will be be anchoring the 1st PP unit in the future as well?

ZBC's post covers it. Larsson was getting some PP practice time a few weeks ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if he got some 2nd unit time down the road. Like ZBC said, Greene/Larsson eats up a good chunk of ES/PK minutes since the other pairings can be sketchy defensively. He's already had a handful of games where he's logged over 24 minutes, including a 27 minute game against Chicago last week.

For fantasy purposes, Larsson's production should improve as the forward group improves. Right now we're tied for last with Anaheim with 16 even strength goals in 15 games. With Larsson predominantly playing ES minutes, it's gonna be tough for him to rack up numbers with the current forwards.

Main strength is his ability to make an outlet pass and otherwise play an efficient defensive game. Larsson being a plus player on a team that doesn't score much at even strength is a positive sign. Main weakness would be his first couple of steps, but he's improved his overall skating.

STUTOMMIES

Jul 23, 2008
Fredericton
Devils vs. Rangers Feb 8th

Hi All,

Going to be in NJ for the Marty number retirement game and will be taking in the game the night before at MSG.

Any tips on where Devils fans go pre-game for drinks and food in Manhattan?

Driving down from the east coast of Canada for this one so would love to make the most of it.

Thanks for any info.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Hi All,

Going to be in NJ for the Marty number retirement game and will be taking in the game the night before at MSG.

Any tips on where Devils fans go pre-game for drinks and food in Manhattan?

Driving down from the east coast of Canada for this one so would love to make the most of it.

Thanks for any info.

There is no "Devils bar" in nyc.

If you go to any bar around msg though pregame you will see Devils fans there.

Last edited:

STUTOMMIES

Jul 23, 2008
Fredericton
There is no "Devils bar" in nyc.

If you to to any bar around msg though pregame you will see Devils fans there.

Thanks for the insight. Would you suggest a personal favourite that Devils fans would frequent before a game at MSG? Somewhere that the Rangers fans are semi-normal, apart from their obvious defeciencies in judgement.....:laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Thanks for the insight. Would you suggest a personal favourite that Devils fans would frequent before a game at MSG? Somewhere that the Rangers fans are semi-normal, apart from their obvious defeciencies in judgement.....:laugh:

People like BenedictGomez may be able to give you suggestions.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
think this trade is worth it?

Antti Niemi
Sam Bennett
Martin Hanzal
Connor McDavid

for

Patrick Sharp
Sam Reinhart
Adam Henrique
Cory Schneider

I have no devils on my team currently. obviously mcjesus is amazing, but im lacking on depth on the left. Should i make the trade (i'm receiving sharp/reinhart/henrique/schneider)

VancouverCanuck

Vancouver's Finest
Oct 31, 2010
Vancouver
www.canucks.com
Severson vs Larrson - Who would you rather?

Hey Guys,

In terms of RAW points and more PP Time who do you see progressing next year and why?

I am trying to decide who to go with in terms of POINTS only.

Thanks

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hey Guys,

In terms of RAW points and more PP Time who do you see progressing next year and why?

I am trying to decide who to go with in terms of POINTS only.

Thanks

I think Severson will be better offensively.

Larsson might be better offensively, but gets no power play time.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Severson with more points because Larsson is used in a defensive role. Larsson is the better player overall.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
This thread probably won't end well, but I would say Severson has the better offensive skillset, so I'd go with him. Plus Larsson doesn't usually play the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad