Post-Game Talk: Goose

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
Honda center takeover. "Beat the rangers" on the big screen all night.

1000011187.jpg

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Trocheck and Cuylle have been huge for us this year and if we get back on track Panarin deserves MVP.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
The win last night does nothing for me. Sure I'm happy they won, but they were down 2-0 to the goddamn Mighty Ducks. It would be different if we were playing well, banking wins, and this was an aberration. But the way this group has played since December makes last night different.

Now they just need to finish the road trip strong tomorrow night.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You know, I'm never one to question votes, but Laf gets more votes than Miller who was a +2 and had an assist on the tie up goal while Laf was a -1 and almost a -2 with that horrendous controller disconnect backcheck effort as Mctavish skates right by him with Trocheck yelling at him to pick McTavish up, then Tro being absolutely livid after the goal.

I mean, I didn't vote for Miller either, but I also didn't vote for Laf. :laugh:
Then Trocheck should get back and defend his guy.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Coupling league scoring going up with the fact that the Rangers this season have had several third period comebacks (not as many multi-goal comebacks) I'm usually more confident in them coming back than a few years ago. THAT SAID I was irrate today. It felt like absolute rock bottom.
A few years ago, I think the year they went to the ECF, Rangers were NEVER out of games. Felt like most games were won in the 3rd

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Hopefully some of you will appreciate this team more. Was a good win. Just took time to get to them. Ducks are a disaster and it’s even worse than last year for them.

Ducks might be a disaster now, but in a couple years they're probably a playoff team. McTavish and Carlsson will be an excellent top 2 centers, and their pipeline is near the best in the NHL.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The team has a lot of issues that we've dissected, but over the last little stretch, they're not playing as bad as some of the dials indicate.

Right now, any half decent look on Igor is going in. That changes the perception of a team. People have a radically different reaction to a 2-0 game versus a 1-1 game where the play is exactly the same.

It's becoming more and more apparent to me that Igor is just a regular goalie. He doesn't have the alien consistency that Hank did.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If that goal counted, and we lost 3-2 or more, this goddamn meter would've still said we deserved to win. LOL.
Well, sure, if you want to look at a bunch of "if happened", outcomes. The problem seems to be our brain fart moments are so bad they end in our net. There's a lot of "if happened", moments where NYR should have blown the game open long before their comeback. We out played them. It shouldn't gotten to the point of needing a comeback. But bad decisions leads to missed opportunities and very preventable goals against.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
The team has a lot of issues that we've dissected, but over the last little stretch, they're not playing as bad as some of the dials indicate.

Right now, any half decent look on Igor is going in. That changes the perception of a team. People have a radically different reaction to a 2-0 game versus a 1-1 game where the play is exactly the same.

It's becoming more and more apparent to me that Igor is just a regular goalie. He doesn't have the alien consistency that Hank did.

Dude had a .500 save % after the first period last night. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00