• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Team still sucks don’t get it twisted.

We needed to lose this game for the greater good. Now here is no chance of any tweaks and the Kountry Klub Kids can continue huffing their own ass vapor and think they’re playing well .

F.

Is a panic trade really for the greater good? I don't know what you meant by this but it seems like you want a move to be made which is not the best thing to do during a bad streak

Reactions: egelband

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
Not the best win, but I’ll take it. They had a lot of offensive zone time but not many good chances to show for it through most of the game. They broke through in the third when they were finally able to get some traffic. So it was maybe not the kind of dominating win that we want against a bad team, but sometimes you just need the slump-buster to get on track.

Also, we did not give up goals to Strome or Vatrano, which was a nice surprise.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not the best win, but I’ll take it. They had a lot of offensive zone time but not many good chances to show for it through most of the game. They broke through in the third when they were finally able to get some traffic. So it was maybe not the kind of dominating win that we want against a bad team, but sometimes you just need the slump-buster to get on track.

Ducks played their typical game. Show promise for a period then totally implode. Rangers took advantage of that.

Hopefully the Kreider bashing is put at bay for at least a couple of more games, lol.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

A Strome goal would've been a dagger through the heart

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Reactions: Slaydagnar

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was happy Carlsson had 2 assists. But I knew the Rangers would come back, because I know this Ducks team too well.

Coupling league scoring going up with the fact that the Rangers this season have had several third period comebacks (not as many multi-goal comebacks) I'm usually more confident in them coming back than a few years ago. THAT SAID I was irrate today. It felt like absolute rock bottom.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Coupling league scoring going up with the fact that the Rangers this season have had several third period comebacks (not as many multi-goal comebacks) I'm usually more confident in them coming back than a few years ago. THAT SAID I was irrate today. It felt like absolute rock bottom.

Yeah they are in a rut, was upset about that loss last night, and this was a must win tonight. I just think the fans may be a little too negative with them, but I don’t want people to be all sunshine either. It’s good to get your frustrations out but sometimes I feel it may be the wrong time since they are still in 1st place. I dunno.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah they are in a rut, was upset about that loss last night, and this was a must win tonight. I just think the fans may be a little too negative with them, but I don’t want people to be all sunshine either. It’s good to get your frustrations out but sometimes I feel it may be the wrong time since they are still in 1st place. I dunno.

I'm a Giants fan so I know what your season being over before it starts means. However, with football I can ignore one game a week for a total of 17. With hockey it's hard to ignore bad play. Plus, they were such a tease. So good the first two seasons and mediocre at best since. It feels like a collapse so it's just a difficult pill to swallow.

Reactions: Leonardo87

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
You know, I'm never one to question votes, but Laf gets more votes than Miller who was a +2 and had an assist on the tie up goal while Laf was a -1 and almost a -2 with that horrendous controller disconnect backcheck effort as Mctavish skates right by him with Trocheck yelling at him to pick McTavish up, then Tro being absolutely livid after the goal.

I mean, I didn't vote for Miller either, but I also didn't vote for Laf. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Slaydagnar

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
"they have no heart, urgency or grit. mentally weak, nobody goes to the net or stands up for teammates"

*team literally does all of that as well as dominates the entire game*

"shit win"

this place f***ing sucks

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
"they have no heart, urgency or grit. mentally weak, nobody goes to the net or stands up for teammates"

*team literally does all of that as well as dominates the entire game*

"shit win"

this place f***ing sucks

The Ducks are 30th and we nearly went down 3-2 with 14 minutes left in the 3rd and we got lucky thanks to offsides. Then we manage to pull it together to score goals with 5 minutes left. I can see where people are coming from when the advanced stats keep saying we should be winning these games handedly, but then we come out with the L. Again, the Ducks are in 30th place and despite the score, we had to work for it. Let's hope hope the Sharks are an easier play.

What do Cuylle's numbers look like with real line mates and a league that has a clear definition of what is and isn't a goal/

Coolie most def deserves better linemates.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
The Ducks are 30th and we nearly went down 3-2 with 14 minutes left in the 3rd and we got lucky thanks to offsides. Then we manage to pull it together to score goals with 5 minutes left. I can see where people are coming from when the advanced stats keep saying we should be winning these games, but then we come out with the L. Again, the Ducks are in 30th place and despite the score, we had to work for it. Let's hope hope the Sharks are an easier play.

the rangers scored 5 unanswered goals. what else could they have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad