Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Skinner being the starter this season alone precludes whether the org was really serious about going all the way this season. How could they think he would be enough?

Said it often the team has to outplay opponents near every night to get a result. In playoffs we have to outplay teams badly.

They did want to give Jack a chance (especially after he looked solid in relief last playoffs). I don't think any org would have bought him out after one season.

Unfortunately, the bet didn't pay off, but it looked like Skinner might actually end up being a legit starter. He was...until the playoffs once again

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
It’s a tough thing to say right now but we might be at the point of just going with Pickard (or Campbell) and pray to the holy hockey gods one of them just goes on a hot streak

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
there’s no defending that zadorov cross check into soucy nasty cross check to mcdavid face. hope he is okay. that was really messed up. embarrassed of canucks fans supporting this.
Its one of the worst NHL freeze frames that you will ever see. Made worse because its McD, the best player in the world on the receiving end.

The last worst moment in hockey was arguably Bertuzzi hunting Moore down on ice and clubbing him and slamming his head into the ice. A criminal offense in which he was charged. Not too curiously the same team, the Canucks, who resort to the absolute worst dirty play.

No wonder everybody hates them.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
All Pickard has to be is average and he can definitely be average.
Cant hurt.
I am not sold on this team defensively though.
So many weak links and one of those weak links is making $9.25M.

Lets face it,.,this team just isnt good enough.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I would start Pickard in part to wake Skinner up. He is capable of better. I would also not hesitate to start Skinner in Gm5 unless Pickard and the team play great in Gm4.

It would also hopefully shake up the rest of the team. I am going:

Brown out for Gagner
Carrick in for Ryan
Foegele to 4th line
Broberg in for Ceci
Kulak to RD with Nurse
Broberg with Vinny 3rd pair
Draisaitl and McDavid separated

Kane McDavid Hyman
Draisaitl RNH Holloway
Janmark McLeod Perry
Foegele Carrick Gagner
That is desperation at its finest. Too many changes. The entire chemistry and makeup right there will sink us faster. Broberg shouldn't be thrown into this unless we have injuries.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
After never being so mad after a playoff win last game because of Skinner i have to come back and say it again. I literally hate Skinner and that f***ing moustache at this point. f*** you Skinner for making me try to defend you at points this year. You have the spine of a jellyfish and are the worst goalie left in the playoffs.
And he bitched out of talking to the media after the game. Mental midget.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I think that most of us can agree that Stu has had three rough games in a row, and clearly has a mental block about second round games, and that Pickard needs to start game 4. What I don't get is the vitriol towards posters who cheered for Skinner to have success, like its wrong to want to have your team succeed and the players to do well.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Welcome to the club. This is the worst Oilers playoff goalie of all time. In fact this is the worst save % of any goalie with 20 or more games in the history of the NHL. Or tied with Cloutier, others have said. Oh the pain.
Literally true. Worst Oiler goalie in franchise history for save percentage to have a complete game under their belt.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
They did want to give Jack a chance (especially after he looked solid in relief last playoffs). I don't think any org would have bought him out after one season.

Unfortunately, the bet didn't pay off, but it looked like Skinner might actually end up being a legit starter. He was...until the playoffs once again

He didn't give legit starter vibes for very long this season. There were definite cracks already showing.

Reactions: iCanada

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Everyone’s just focused on Skinner. The bottom nine did nothing again. Enough stacking the top line. It doesn’t work.

Everybody is focused on Skinner because he is most responsible. Upgrading a guy like Ceci or McLoeod or Foegele doesn't move the needle in any meaningful way to make up for the goaltending we get from Skinner.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Everybody is focused on Skinner because he is most responsible. Upgrading a guy like Ceci or McLoeod or Foegele doesn't move the needle in any meaningful way to make up for the goaltending we get from Skinner.
Your serious arent you?

Stuart Skinner is a piece of shit
DId he take your mom for a mustache ride today?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Skinner was bolstered by a team that would give up only a handful of scoring chances in a game.

In playoffs you can't shut a team down to nothing even though the Oilers did do essentially that this game and half of the last one.

You won't find easier work in the NHL anywhere than only 6HDSC chances being allowed in a playoff game. Skinner couldn't even hack that. Get him out of the kitchen.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Upgrading on Ceci wouldn’t help move the needle? He’s a -8 so far in the playoffs. He’s been the worst D on the team as his pairing gets crushed game after game.

Foegele directly caused a goal against and negated a power play by being an idiot when he wasn’t even on the ice.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
That one trade for griffin reinhart rearing it's ugly head. Barzal and/or chabot on the second line would be something else.

I think it is almost time to trade draisaitl and cut our losses. NYR would be a good destination. So would NJD or Philly.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think that most of us can agree that Stu has had three rough games in a row, and clearly has a mental block about second round games, and that Pickard needs to start game 4. What I don't get is the vitriol towards posters who cheered for Skinner to have success, like its wrong to want to have your team succeed and the players to do well.
It is clearly wrong to hope he succeeds and those of us who hoped that he would succeed must be held responsible for that.
We are either bad fans or we must all be related to Skinner in some way. :nod: ;)

• Haha
Reactions: bellagiobob

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Upgrading on Ceci wouldn’t help move the needle? He’s a -8 so far in the playoffs. He’s been the worst D on the team as his pairing gets crushed game after game.

Foegele directly caused a goal against and negated a power play by being an idiot when he wasn’t even on the ice.

Yet I don't see people coming to his defense blaming that -8 on his teammates. People agree that Ceci sucks but a #4 dman who sucks won't kill a team the same way as a starting goalie who sucks.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
That one trade for griffin reinhart rearing it's ugly head. Barzal and/or chabot on the second line would be something else.

I think it is almost time to trade draisaitl and cut our losses. NYR would be a good destination. So would NJD or Philly.
\Im not opposed to it with how thin Oilers are right now.

When Drai gets his 12.5m thats going to thin it out even more and then mcd getting 14.5 the following year.

The question is Could Oilers do anything the cap space they would get?

Based on the results for the last decade I would say no.

Id keep him and just run him and mcdavid till they retire.

Yet I don't see people coming to his defense blaming that -8 on his teammates. People agree that Ceci sucks but a #4 dman who sucks won't kill a team the same way as a starting goalie who sucks.

Do you think Oilers could get Helenbuck for SKnner cause I mean he performed way worse than skinner this year

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Cant hurt.
I am not sold on this team defensively though.
So many weak links and one of those weak links is making $9.25M.

Lets face it,.,this team just isnt good enough.
I’ve criticized Nurse a lot. That contract sunk this roster into just not being able to get over the top. If he was making 2M less like he should be that would’ve probably been enough to add a major piece on D or in the top 6 or at goalie.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The Nurse/Ceci pairing has been victimized brutally in our last two series losses and are 1Gf-6GA so far this series. You can’t tell me upgrading on Ceci wouldn’t make a difference.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Cornelius. Cough.

nice try though

You don't get to play the "I always support player cards" Neither do I. just saying.

Everybody wants the team to succeed. Don't be silly. What people react to is that Skinner is preventing that success. Clearly.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad