OT: Gooooooal!! The Association Football Thread #124 - USMNT, PL, MLS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
You're counting the Metrostars? I'm counting the sale and rebranding as a "new" start. Like the Devils rebranded anew post-Colorado.

Agree. Weren't they NY/NJ Metrostars?

Or even just Metrostars, which was inclusive and not exclusive of either State.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Important PSA for anyone going to the game on Friday: Do NOT park in Harrison. Park in Newark and either walk or take the free shuttle from Newark Penn. If you park in Harrison expect to spend several hours in traffic that barely moves after the game. Don't say you weren't warned.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
You're counting the Metrostars? I'm counting the sale and rebranding as a "new" start. Like the Devils rebranded anew post-Colorado.

Agree. Weren't they NY/NJ Metrostars?

Or even just Metrostars, which was inclusive and not exclusive of either State.

Yup, the NY/NJ Metrostars, I don't think it's the same thing though as Colorado moving to NJ and rebranding. It was the same players, staff, fans, stadium and they always acknowledged the stats.

Until this past year and this garbage new uniform representing the Devils "past history" Colorado/Kansas City were for the most part completely ignored.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Yup, the NY/NJ Metrostars, I don't think it's the same thing though as Colorado moving to NJ and rebranding.

I dont see a major difference between the two, other than the number of miles moved being significantly different. Keep in mind, the Devils also had many of the same players as the Rockies in year #1.

Different ownership group, re-branded name and re-branded logo and different colors and entity, a new planned building in the works as a venue change. The likely fanbase was about the only thing that didnt change.

Feb 2, 2009
Manalapan, NJ
Busy week for Liverpool. Got Keita for next year, got Oxlade-Chamberlain for today, and the rumors of them signing van Dijk and Lemar are still out there. Gonna be an interesting final day of the transfer window.

Up the Reds.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I dont see a major difference between the two, other than the number of miles moved being significantly different. Keep in mind, the Devils also had many of the same players as the Rockies in year #1.

Different ownership group, re-branded name and re-branded logo and different colors and entity, a new planned building in the works as a venue change. The likely fanbase was about the only thing that didnt change.
Uh the building deal was actually done while the team was the Metros and owned by AEG. Red tape delayed the project from being finished until 2010.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Is there any good time to buy tickets for tomorrow or is the secondary market price gonna hold steady/increase from $200?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Is there any good time to buy tickets for tomorrow or is the secondary market price gonna hold steady/increase from $200?

I feel your pain. I would have liked to have gone to this, but SCF is about the only thing that's going to get my azz to pay $200 for a sports ticket.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I took my chances with a marked obstructed view seat for like $90 in 221 off TM resale. How bad/prevalent IS the obstructed view from there, Red Bull fans? Am I gonna be watching the jumbotron the whole game? :laugh:

I'm taking sabremike's advice and trying to get there via train even though it's a straight shoot for me drivingwise and not a straight ride on the train, I've been there a couple of times and know the parking/getting out would be a huge issue. It's also been a while since I have been there, what's the best way from Newark Broad Street, the light rail?

I feel your pain. I would have liked to have gone to this, but SCF is about the only thing that's going to get my azz to pay $200 for a sports ticket.

I hear ya but a USMNT qualifier is pretty rare too, and a meaningful one at that. Tonight's huge for the US and I kind of wanted to be in the building for a big MNT soccer game anyway.

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I took my chances with a marked obstructed view seat for like $90 in 221 off TM resale. How bad/prevalent IS the obstructed view from there, Red Bull fans? Am I gonna be watching the jumbotron the whole game? :laugh:

I'm taking sabremike's advice and trying to get there via train even though it's a straight shoot for me drivingwise and not a straight ride on the train, I've been there a couple of times and know the parking/getting out would be a huge issue. It's also been a while since I have been there, what's the best way from Newark Broad Street, the light rail?

I hear ya but a USMNT qualifier is pretty rare too, and a meaningful one at that. Tonight's huge for the US and I kind of wanted to be in the building for a big MNT soccer game anyway.

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Red+Bull+Arena/221/

221 isn't obstructed at all, that's usually where they stick the away team fans so it's possible it's a Costa Rican supporters section and maybe that's why it was marked as obstructed?

This is the first world cup qualifier in this area ever so that's why the prices have stayed consistently high and they were already high to begin with face value wise.

Last edited:

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Our current plan is to try and park on the Newark side and if we don't find a spot after a few minutes we will go and park at Penn Station and take the train over.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
221 shouldn't be obstructed at all, that's usually where they stick the away team fans so it's possible it's a Costa Rican supporters sections and maybe that's why it was marked as obstructed?

This is the first world cup qualifier in this area ever so that's why the prices have stayed consistently high and they were already high to begin with face value wise.

Hah yeah, or maybe obstructed if someone brings a sign in front of me I guess.

I'm surprised they never had one in the Meadowlands before, I guess not enough demand to fill that stadium here. I know they had World Cup games in '94 here, including Italy-Ireland.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Geoff Cameron has made enough bad passes in 46 minutes of play than is typically seen in 460 minutes of play. Seriously, he must have made 6 to 8 horrendous passes in the 1st half, several of which led to C.R. rushes.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Horrible game, they deserve this loss. The stadium is cursed lol

Back on the bubble. Cameron should be shot out of a cannon never to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad