OT: Gooooooal!! The Association Football Thread #124 - USMNT, PL, MLS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
That was the best $200 I never spent.

May have been an entirely different game had we been up 1-0 like we should have been on an Altidore PK.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That was the best $200 I never spent.

May have been an entirely different game had we been up 1-0 like we should have been on an Altidore PK.

It was also basically a Devils-Rangers type crowd split only with all the Ranger fans grouped on my half of the stadium.

I am still glad I went (especially for under $100) cause they may never put another important game here again after all the soccer pundits like Ian Darke were trashing the crowd :P

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And not for nothing, the upstairs concourse during intermission was a total joke. It practically made Nassau look spacious.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Well I'm ****ing livid.

It looked like easily 40-45% Costa Rica fans, seeing them all celebrating during the goals you could really see just how many were throughout the arena.

I was in 118 and the American Outlaws suck, could barely hear them to begin with and then when we down 1-0 they got even more quiet.

Embarrassing ****ing game on the field and in the building. Glad I went though cause we won't be seeing one of these here again any time soon. I don't give a **** about the money, I got it for face value through the red bulls presale. I just wanted to see a god damn ****ing win and we couldn't even score a ****ing goal.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hah yeah, or maybe obstructed if someone brings a sign in front of me I guess.

I'm surprised they never had one in the Meadowlands before, I guess not enough demand to fill that stadium here. I know they had World Cup games in '94 here, including Italy-Ireland.

I was looking at your section, it looked like you were surrounded by Costa Rica fans. There were no obstructions though right? Maybe the guy clicked it by accident lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I was looking at your section, it looked like you were surrounded by Costa Rica fans. There were no obstructions though right? Maybe the guy clicked it by accident lol

None, it was actually a great seat especially for the corner although perhaps in certain seat locations the railing to the left of me near the end of the row could be an obstruction like at the old MSG, I dunno. But my own seat itself was fine.

There were scattered US fans around me, key word being scattered. I didn't have any issues with the Ticos though.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm just glad I didn't spend the $30 for the commemorative scarf. I don't think I want to remember this game.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
And not for nothing, the upstairs concourse during intermission was a total joke. It practically made Nassau look spacious.

There's only one concourse. The lower level doesn't really have anything. That's the biggest problem with RBA. Great soccer stadium... but the concourse and bathrooms/concessions can't handle big crowds. That's probably why us RBNY fans don't really care that we don't sell out all the time haha.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Sometimes my fiance will go as soon as the first half is over to go to the bathroom and get a drink/food. She won't come back until the 60th minute. It's terrible.

I won't disagree that halftime is a miserable experience but at the same time I'm always amazed at how many people can't go 2 hours without eating or going to the bathroom. I either eat before or after the game at some of the restaurants in the Iron bound instead or at home instead of spending a ton of money on ****** quality arena food and 13 buck tall cans of beer.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I won't disagree that halftime is a miserable experience but at the same time I'm always amazed at how many people can't go 2 hours without eating or going to the bathroom. I either eat before or after the game at some of the restaurants in the Iron bound instead or at home instead of spending a ton of money on ****** quality arena food and 13 buck tall cans of beer.

A lot of times I just like to walk around the concourse during an intermission. Having only been at RBA once before I didn't realize it was such a disaster. It took me like ten minutes to bull my way through several sections and the only reason I did make it back in time for the second half was I was able to go in a section and walk down the handicapped/reserved seating back aisle almost back to my section.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York

Lol my strategy for using the bathroom is to usually wait until a player is hurt, as soon as they call the trainers to come on the field I sprint to the bathroom :laugh:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ

I stay in my seat for the entire game... but telling a woman who drinks beer not to go to the bathroom til after the match.... good luck with that lol

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Renewed my tickets for 2018 yesterday. Suggested to my rep that the renewal gift for 2019 should be a jersey and he thought that was a very good idea as they've run through every other thing imaginable.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Yes the STH gift should be a jersey next year that's a great idea.

Hey, any other crazy people flying to Kansas City for 24 hours for the Open Cup final like me?

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
last ****ing straw. **** ****ing players lead to a **** ****ing play that gifts kc the second goal. that's what happens.

even the "meaningless" usoc which would mean so ****ing much to us...

get the **** out red bull. you clearly don't want to invest into this team and you only give two ****s about leipzig and salzburg. i almost hope we ****ing miss the playoffs. meanwhile, atlanta united looks like they'll advance in the playoffs.

free the metro.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Haven't paid too much attention to NYCFC since my former company stopped doing business with them but see they're doing well this season again.

Even though I went to a bunch of their home matches (through work), I'll probably never pay to see them play at Yankee Stadium until they get a stadium. Just not worth the hassle with the subway/over crowding.

May be awhile.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
last ****ing straw. **** ****ing players lead to a **** ****ing play that gifts kc the second goal. that's what happens.

even the "meaningless" usoc which would mean so ****ing much to us...

get the **** out red bull. you clearly don't want to invest into this team and you only give two ****s about leipzig and salzburg. i almost hope we ****ing miss the playoffs. meanwhile, atlanta united looks like they'll advance in the playoffs.

free the metro.

It's not even the ownership. It's our freaking coach. How is it acceptable that on a team having trouble scoring goals, Gonzalo Veron doesn't see the field til after the 70th minute. Lawrence gets taken off for freaking SAL ZIZZO. A 3 person back line of young guys that have never been in a final... Marsch has completely mismanaged this club. He has some sort of love affair with Alex Muyl who is TERRIBLE offensively. Sacha is having a garbage season.... I am just so sick of the decisions being made by this coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad