OT: Gooooooal!! The Association Football Thread #124 - USMNT, PL, MLS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
is jackson street bridge open to peds after games?

i'm going tomorrow and want to park at seton hall law school like i do for devils games and just deal with the walk

There are walkways on each side of the bridge so technically it is always open to pedestrians. But a ton of people walk over before and after games.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Word, good to know. I've never done it before, nor have I ever gotten to a Red Bulls match without parking in Harrison or taking PATH.

Also think I'm gonna scope out that shuttle bus from Newark Penn to RBA since I'll be with a friend who's a Boy City fan and I'm not sure if I wanna cross the same bridge as the South Ward with him. :laugh:

Excited to be in the upper deck above the South Ward and not by the Third Rail this time, too.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Word, good to know. I've never done it before, nor have I ever gotten to a Red Bulls match without parking in Harrison or taking PATH.

Also think I'm gonna scope out that shuttle bus from Newark Penn to RBA since I'll be with a friend who's a Boy City fan and I'm not sure if I wanna cross the same bridge as the South Ward with him. :laugh:

Good idea. I'm not a violent person but I can't speak for drunk crazy people. Keep your friend away from the South Ward inside and outside the arena haha.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Yeah, edited since you responded. We are indeed by the South Ward. :laugh:

Debating on pulling him through the concourse by his jersey, "He's with me." :sarcasm:

Yeah you should be fine. Just keep him away from the march, the tailgate, or the bars that the South Ward hangs out at (Catas/Bellos)

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Honestly you'll be fine, the only people who get into fights at these games are the ones who are already looking to do so.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Weird that the game is not close to sold out.

I guess nycfc fans don't travel?

In both stadiums for each team there has been less and less people every game for this series. Even nycfc has had their attendance drop 3 years in a row even though they are playing well.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
In both stadiums for each team there has been less and less people every game for this series. Even nycfc has had their attendance drop 3 years in a row even though they are playing well.

It would be better if they only played twice a year, one home one away. Not 3 times a year

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
This has been gone over many times, you're best off searching through the thread rather than rehashing it.

I actually think it's pretty fair game right now because the South Ward can't see the irony of a New York named team playing home games outside of that state

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I actually think it's pretty fair game right now because the South Ward can't see the irony of a New York named team playing home games outside of that state

I know, the concept is ridiculous. Could you imagine an NFL team doing something like that? They'd be laughed at and people would never stop complaining about it. I assure you that would NEVER happen.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
You can do all the mental gymnastics you want, but this is a classic pot calling the kettle black. Metro definitely never got kicked out of Giants Stadium for US Open games

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You can do all the mental gymnastics you want, but this is a classic pot calling the kettle black. Metro definitely never got kicked out of Giants Stadium for US Open games
Metro never played open cup games except the 2003 final at Giants Stadium because of the astronomical cost it would've cost to rent the building. Playing games there would've been financial suicide.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
Open cup games are completely different than mls games where the schedule is know by the front office way in advance where as the open cup you don't know if you're home or away until a few weeks before.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Speaking of the open cup I don't know if ciddy will ever be able to play another home match in the competition because I don't think Fordham wants them back after all the problems they had with their trogolodyte fans.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Open cup games are completely different than mls games where the schedule is know by the front office way in advance where as the open cup you don't know if you're home or away until a few weeks before.

The front office knows the windows for Open Cup games before the MLS schedule even comes out, so not a valid excuse

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The front office knows the windows for Open Cup games before the MLS schedule even comes out, so not a valid excuse
Did you even bother reading what I said about Open Cup games not being played at Giants Stadium was because it would've been a financial bloodbath? Not playing those games there was entirely the choice of the team.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Speaking of the open cup I don't know if ciddy will ever be able to play another home match in the competition because I don't think Fordham wants them back after all the problems they had with their trogolodyte fans.

They are blacklisted from Fordham and from Hofstra.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Serious question, why do NJ people support a team that wants nothing to do with NJ?

Because it's a 16 minute drive from my apartment to Red Bull Arena, the best soccer stadium in the United States. Season tickets are dirt cheap, the team is good, the front office takes care of the fans. I'm not going to be a petty crybaby and deprive myself from a sport I love because of the name "New York."

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Serious question, why do NJ people support a team that wants nothing to do with NJ?

Some do, and some don't.

I'm in the latter and have not attended a game yet even though I played travel soccer for a Hudson County club and was recruited by a few college programs.

I have coached soccer for a while as well and am offered free Red Bulls tix quite often.

Red Bulls and MLS want to capitalize on the NY name and that's their right to do so.

I know its a big turnoff to many in the NJ soccer community.

I would buy seasons if they had the NJ name or even just Red Bulls FC.

I'll keep holding out and maybe some day it happens.

I've attended two NYC games at YankeeStadium, their fans are awful and its not a good venue for soccer.

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I wish they would have kept it NY/NJ Red Bulls like the Metrostars before them. Would have been an easy explanation that the team was around from the beginning and has fans that live in both NY/NJ.

Overall though I really don't care.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Do the people complaining about the New York thing realize that the Red Bulls are pretty much the only pro team in the area that has both acknowledged and partnered with the Devils (I don't recall Hartford City players showing up at Devils games, also don't remember Nico being an honored guest anywhere but RBA)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad