OT: Gooooooal!! The Association Football Thread #124 - USMNT, PL, MLS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It's also another gross display of how CORRUPT FIFA is with that Panama "non-goal" goal, which was needed to eliminate us.

This is even WORSE than Henry's ridiculous goal that eliminated Ireland and advanced France.

Not only does it never "cross the line", but the reverse angle show his paw on it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh good grief, welp if you can't even TIE the worst team in the Hex with nothing to play for you don't deserve a break. Screw everyone involved with this disaster, I was worried once they completely no-showed the Costa Rica game and now they get deserved egg on their face. This reminds me of the stupid Mets losing to the lousy Marlins back to back years to eliminate themselves from the playoffs :P

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
It's also another gross display of how CORRUPT FIFA is with that Panama "non-goal" goal, which was needed to eliminate us.

This is even WORSE than Henry's ridiculous goal that eliminated Ireland and advanced France.

Not only does it never "cross the line", but the reverse angle show his paw on it.

That’s awful. The wide angle shows the ball barely gets to the goal line, let alone crossing it.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Other angle.

This is why there's no World Cup for USA.

Seems legit. May as well pick up the ball like it's a giant handball and spike it in the net.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The wide angle shows the ball barely gets to the goal line, let alone crossing it.

It's officially the worse phantom soccer goal I've ever seen in my life. Especially given the magnitude of the situation.

There's absolutely no justification to call this a "goal" whatsoever, it's not ever remotely close. Not ONE INCH of the ball ever crossed the line, let alone the entire ball. In no possible situation where there's not a filthy ref could this possibly be awarded a goal.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly I thought if anything the refs would look to keep us alive, because losing the US market for 2018 is huge worldwide. But I'm not pissed at that, the US didn't take care of its own business - you KNOW these other teams (especially Mexico) would lay down and try to screw us over anyway, they laid down and we allowed ourselves to get screwed. Just take care of your own business and win a darn game against the worst team in the Hex playing for nothing, even a freaking DRAW gets us through in third place. A draw.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
The Panama goal doesnt matter...There was ZERO effort for the US it was absolutely disgusting. If you cant tie the worst team in the Hex you deserve to go home.

Reactions: tr83

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I have no desire to watch the world cup now, don't have a dog in the fight so don't give a shit now. Remember all the huge USA watch partys? Those are gone.

There needs to be huge changes in usa soccer. This is an absolute f***ing embarrassment. This team played with no f***ing heart. They weren't even trying out there today, especially in the first half. How the f*** do you come out and play so unmotivated when a world cup spot is on the line?

Howard is done with the USA too now, that 2nd goal was horrendous.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
The longer it takes USSoccer to make a decision about what to do next the worse we are going to benefit from it.

Everything must be focused to destroy all opponents in 2019 - okay, that won't happen, but to be consistent and win especially against nations we should beat.

The next Gold Cup is that year. Win it and play in the 2021 Confederations Cup. Don't win it and still have the Play-In (CONCACAF Cup it was called in 2015).

That can put the US on a good path. f*** it up, like 2015, and we'll here we are again. Failing big time before the next WCQ cycle.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I have no desire to watch the world cup now, don't have a dog in the fight so don't give a **** now. Remember all the huge USA watch partys? Those are gone.

There needs to be huge changes in usa soccer. This is an absolute ****ing embarrassment. This team played with no ****ing heart. They weren't even trying out there today, especially in the first half. How the **** do you come out and play so unmotivated when a world cup spot is on the line?

Howard is done with the USA too now, that 2nd goal was horrendous.

I'll still watch but I don't know who the **** I'm going to root for. US my home country, out. Turkey, my father and his side of the family's country - out. My favorite neutral country to watch the Netherlands - out. I'm okay with Italy but who other than Italians really care if they win #6 or whatever WC win this would be? Same with Brazil to an extent though they're more fun to watch. Maybe the Iceland story, that's about the only one I care for atm. Or I'll root for a first-time winner to break through to the winners' club like Belgium or Portugal, someone with a realistic chance of winning that hasn't yet.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
No it doesn't. All you need is to tie the worst team in the hex, no other game matters. All that does is that they put out the worst effort ive seen from a team in a very very long time. Plus that goal happened in the 54th min and they were tiedd 1-1 The disaster began with the first two losses...got worse with that terrible effort @ Red bulls and finished today. Saying one bad call in a game is the reason why we didntqualify is simply wrong.

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'll still watch but I don't know who the **** I'm going to root for. US my home country, out. Turkey, my father and his side of the family's country - out. My favorite neutral country to watch the Netherlands - out. I'm okay with Italy but who other than Italians really care if they win #6 or whatever WC win this would be? Same with Brazil to an extent though they're more fun to watch. Maybe the Iceland story, that's about the only one I care for atm. Or I'll root for a first-time winner to break through to the winners' club like Belgium or Portugal, someone with a realistic chance of winning that hasn't yet.

I literally don't care, I'm not a fan of soccer in that sense of I can just watch any game like I can with hockey. I root for USA and the Red Bulls and that's about all I'll watch besides the MLS playoffs. I'm very disgusted and I don't care who wins the world cup.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I know it’s themselves they’re talking about but it’s amazing Arena and Gulati can talk about staying the course and huge changes aren’t needed.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I know it’s themselves they’re talking about but it’s amazing Arena and Gulati can talk about staying the course and huge changes aren’t needed.

They both know they won't be around to make those changes. I wouldn't even waste my time listening to them. Gulati is a class a turd.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
BG and 731 thats a losers mentality. They finished with 12 points 12. Thats terrible. That goal only tied the game, without the second the US is in the playoffs. Win your ficking game. Holy Hell by saying that Panama goal makes any difference is letting that shit for effort team off the hook. Plus that would only have put us in the playoff.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They both know they won't be around to make those changes. I wouldn't even waste my time listening to them. Gulati is a class a turd.

Welll Gulati who knows but Arena I'm actually kind of surprised didn't resign at the press conference. That's generally what happens in soccer, resign or be fired the day you miss the WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->