Post-Game Talk: [GM50] Canucks defeat Hurricanes | 3-2 (Lindholm(2) & Miller) | Lindholm’s Revenge

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
wow, so after a quiet couple of months from mid-november to mid-january, where he was “just” hovering around a pt/game, hughes is now back within an apple of leading the league in assists.

at game 50, he also already has more pts in a season than any other canucks dman other than himself.

i didn’t catch the game, but statistically, hughes is what jumps out at me. ten assists (and a goal) in his last five games.

nice also to see lindholm having a big first game. benning, picks up known damaged goods ferland, who struggled in his first nine games, putting up just a goal and an assist, then just as he was starting to turn a corner got into a fight with kyle clifford and got himself concussed again, then came back to play two more games a month later before getting LTIRed, then came back in the bubble playoffs, took on foligno in a fight none of us wanted to see even in the moment, then got LTIRetired. allvin gets lindholm, who in his first game scores two goals.

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
wow, so after a quiet couple of months from mid-november to mid-january, where he was “just” hovering around a pt/game, hughes is now back within an apple of leading the league in assists.

at game 50, he also already has more pts in a season than any other canucks dman other than himself.

i didn’t catch the game, but statistically, hughes is what jumps out at me. ten assists (and a goal) in his last five games.

nice also to see lindholm having a big first game. benning, picks up known damaged goods ferland, who struggled in his first nine games, putting up just a goal and an assist, then just as he was starting to turn a corner got into a fight with kyle clifford and got himself concussed again, then came back to play two more games a month later before getting LTIRed, then came back in the bubble playoffs, took on foligno in a fight none of us wanted to see even in the moment, then got LTIRetired. allvin gets lindholm, who in his first game scores two goals.
Erikasson scored (on the Nucks)!

Pogotheclown

Oct 11, 2015
Rather boring game, but that is because carolina is a boring team.
Lindholm was invicible, beside the two goals.

The fourth line is getting stuck in their own zone, wich is worrying.

Reactions: DFAC

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It’s pretty remarkable that Lindholm stepped in and looked so good on the PP right away. You could really see the high IQ the way he found his spot in front of the net. On his second goal he and Miller exchanged places in front of the net and confused the D who followed Miller. He should only get better with more time to learn the system.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Rather boring game, but that is because carolina is a boring team.
Lindholm was invicible, beside the two goals.

The fourth line is getting stuck in their own zone, wich is worrying.
I thought Lindholm was solid, even disregarding the two goals.

I do think the team needs an upgrade at center on the 4th line. Aman isn't cutting it. Fortunately we have a bit of cap space to operate with.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I’ve said it a few times - I have a hunch they try to acquire a relatively inexpensive top six forward (Anthony Duclair is my candidate) to slide into the top six, allowing Suter to slide back into a Center role.
Dunno about Duclair, feel like he'd a halfway point between Beauvellier and Kuzmenko where he might show some offensive touch, then get doghoused by Tocchet once he starts being lackluster off the puck.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Dunno about Duclair, feel like he'd a halfway point between Beauvellier and Kuzmenko where he might show some offensive touch, then get doghoused by Tocchet once he starts being lackluster off the puck.
Duclair isn't it, better speed than mik, worse hands than kuz.

Vatrano is the truth.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Nice win watched well kinda last half
not as much blonde interrupted lol keep it up boys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad