Post-Game Talk: [GM50] Canucks defeat Hurricanes | 3-2 (Lindholm(2) & Miller) | Lindholm’s Revenge

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Dunno about Duclair, feel like he'd a halfway point between Beauvellier and Kuzmenko where he might show some offensive touch, then get doghoused by Tocchet once he starts being lackluster off the puck.
He’s been having issues in SJ already staying in the lineup. Tocchet would 100% bench him within 10 games.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Dunno about Duclair, feel like he'd a halfway point between Beauvellier and Kuzmenko where he might show some offensive touch, then get doghoused by Tocchet once he starts being lackluster off the puck.

Duclair is soft as two ply toilet paper… pass.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I’m sorry those are your memories of y2k. IRL he’s got the same opinions and isn’t afraid to speak it. That’s the way he sees things, that’s his way.

The person is fine. As argumentative as any of us can be, I don’t fault him for that. I’ll be the first one to say some of his ideas were…off the wall to say the least, I have good memories of him overall.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Carolina sure plays a boring brand of hockey. At least in the reg season...

Really messy game in the 1st with not much flow but got better as the game went on.

The EP line looked rejuvinated with Kuz out and EL in. Could have had 1 or 2 goals with just a tiny bit of luck.

Garland is playing the best hockey of his career. The ice is completely tilted with their line on and he is doing it mostly away from Hughes.

Reactions: Grantham

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
The amount of copium in that thread is honestly very pathetic and needs to be studied.
There's a group of them that snapped after we broke them and as the season has gone on and we continue to win they delve deeper in their obsession to the point of making things up.

Reactions: Play

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
What's hilarious to me is they just opened a new "Around the NHL" thread and more than half the posts are talking about us. :laugh:
🤣 Due to boredom and strong pain meds I occasionally peruse there and saw the new tread and thought at least 5 of the first 10 would be about us and they were like lol . That matchkin weirdo was making shit up so I called him out without without trolling and he got my likes taken away. The guy endlessly trolls our threads and he has the nerve to report me lol

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
EP's play away from Miller is kind of concerning. Miller has thrived with whomever he has played with, everyone around him gets better. Other than last season, EP has been disappointing if he's not on the Lotto line. I'm really starting to believe Miller is our best forward.

With that being said Lindholm is going to love getting feeds from our core. He fits like a glove.
Not worried about Petey in fact the lotto reunion showed just how much Kuzmenko and Mikheyev were a drink on him. Not only did he have to carry the line offensively but he had to cover defensively as well. Him and Lindholm will need a few games.

Reactions: andora

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I’m sorry those are your memories of y2k. IRL he’s got the same opinions and isn’t afraid to speak it. That’s the way he sees things, that’s his way.

The person is fine. As argumentative as any of us can be, I don’t fault him for that. I’ll be the first one to say some of his ideas were…off the wall to say the least, I have good memories of him overall.

I dont have any issues with him having his own opinion. It's the know it all and I'm right and you're wrong attitude that got old pretty quick.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
EP's play away from Miller is kind of concerning. Miller has thrived with whomever he has played with, everyone around him gets better. Other than last season, EP has been disappointing if he's not on the Lotto line. I'm really starting to believe Miller is our best forward.

With that being said Lindholm is going to love getting feeds from our core. He fits like a glove.

I tend to agree with this. If Petey wants the big contract he's going to show he can make everyone he plays with better. When's the last time he carried a line and made his linemates better? That's what a superstar does

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Sam Lafferty played a season low 8:20. Joshua was double-shifted a few times.

He was also stapled to the bench a few games ago against St. Louis. Something to pay attention to as the Canucks likely seek more bottom-six depth in their lineup before the TDL.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I thought Lindholm was solid, even disregarding the two goals.

I do think the team needs an upgrade at center on the 4th line. Aman isn't cutting it. Fortunately we have a bit of cap space to operate with.

Yeah. Lindholm looks really promising in addressing a lot of things...but something that pushes Aman to a "spare/depth" role would really put things over the top.

I see two ways of doing that. It doesn't have to be another "big swing" like Lindholm. Just need another Suter-level Forward or better.

Whether that's a Winger who pushes Suter to the 3a/b line in Aman's spot, or ideally they find a C/W who can play in either spot himself and even just swap around with Suter and maybe even Mikheyev. A Center might start to get too expensive, given the scarcity and demand around the league. So it might have to be a winger they settle for. But there will be options out there. Especially when it doesn't have to be a "world beater"...just a solid complementary guy.

It's just a matter of bumping Aman out. He's fine, but he's kind of a "warm body" more than anything at this point. Not a big liability, but not really adding much either.

The 4th line would be so much better with Suter centering it.

Yeah. I think this would be the sort of thing that puts the depth over the top. If you've got Suter Centering Hoggy+Laff, i think you're at the point where you've effectively just got a pair of 3a/b Lines with the Bluegers+Garland thing that can play like a 3rd line as well.

That's a potentially huge trump card in a playoff series especially. Especially the way Tocchet likes to manage his bench...just run what's going that night and waves of depth that can score and is hard to match up against.

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Sam Lafferty played a season low 8:20. Joshua was double-shifted a few times.

He was also stapled to the bench a few games ago against St. Louis. Something to pay attention to as the Canucks likely seek more bottom-six depth in their lineup before the TDL.

Good. He's been noticeably bad the last few games. I'm not worried because I suspect it's just a small slump. The guy's been playing fantastic pretty much all season. I really would like to get someone else over Aman though.

Still wish Tocchet would shift Hoglander up the lineup more. Kid deserves a chance in the top six.

Reactions: timw33 and TruKnyte

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Good. He's been noticeably bad the last few games. I'm not worried because I suspect it's just a small slump. The guy's been playing fantastic pretty much all season. I really would like to get someone else over Aman though.

Still wish Tocchet would shift Hoglander up the lineup more. Kid deserves a chance in the top six.

Agreed, Pettersson did force the pass that turned the play over that eventually turned into a shorthanded goal, but it was Lafferty's casual coasting on the backcheck that was really infuriating. There were a couple of times last night where Lafferty was caught coasting and I totally agree with the benching. I love how Tochett preaches accountability.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Tip tip lucky bounce, unsustainable PDO!

Am I doing it right?
I believe it was 110.45 if that's how it's calculated. So yes, continues to be unsustainable after the traditional All Star Break halfway point of the season. Next line of unsustainable demarcation is the TDL.

Got to admit tho, I was worried in the first with all the shots we were ringing up. At one point I think we were 0-14 and they were like 1-4.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
That’s like Alex Edler.

A lot of people dont know his name is actually Ulf Niklas
Ulf is an UFA right now and not retired . Could we use him in a depth position? sit him in Abbotsford for home games till the playoffs? I'm almost certain he wants to come back home.

I want him to do well, and to lead the Flames right to the brink of the playoffs.
yes, yes, to the brink! just glad his teammate Kuz beat Boston tonight.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Elias Viktor Zebulon Lindholm

Sounds like a space invader. And he is all ours!!!

All hail Zebulon!!! :bow:
1707318507700.png

They lead the vanguard during the 40 years years of wandering the Sinai - that is to say, they were the front line in war!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad