Post-Game Talk: [GM50] Canucks defeat Hurricanes | 3-2 (Lindholm(2) & Miller) | Lindholm’s Revenge

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Canucks have a league best 9-2-2 record against Teams currently in the Top 10. It's good to win it's even better when it's against the league's best
IMG_5802.gif

We are #1 in the league.
IMG_5869.jpeg

Thanks ! It’s good to be back.
IMG_5997.gif

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Canucks very much controlled a lot of the first two periods but had to lean on Demko to get the win. (think it was about 9 shots at the second intermission for Canes). Overall a deserving win.

Good

Lindholm - showed his smarts on the PP and was good in the general flow of the play although him and the meandering Pettersson not in sync. You've got to give that pair a chance but Pettersson always seems to better when he is with Miller

Miller - does some weird stuff at times but his defensive game, in general, continues to improve. Guy is such a good player who can control shifts when he takes a mind to do so.

Demko - outstanding late in the game. Critical to the win.

Garland - never lacks fight or enthusiasm. Set up Joshua all game, again. If Joshua pulls down a good salary should give part of it to Garland. Hard to remember Garland ever having a bad shift.

Hronek - best game in a while. Look like he was early in the season and guess the break did him some good. Had to carry Hughes in his zone in this game.

Myers - supported the play up ice and was important in his zone. Used his size well around the net. Good in the late going

Not very good

Pettersson - telegraphs every thing he does and is turning over the puck far too much. As the game went on you weren't sure who was center - him or Lindholm. Lindholm was doing the right things coming back but often had Pettersson cutting through his lane.

Most of the time Pettersson was running around and lots of the time carrying the puck into danger. Also he seems to want to be bang people maybe trying to prove he is man enough to it. If it is part of the play and productive then the hit can be justified but often he seems to take himself out of the play to make a useless hit. Again,I would say that the only time Pettersson has really excelled this year is on the wing with Miller. Maybe they should just leave him there. In the end, Pettersson looks more like an NHL winger than a center. I would say that Pettersson game still lacks maturity. He is an exceptional talent but there are some mental aspects of the game he seems to lack.

Others

Hughes - Didn't look right coming off all the All Star game shenanigans. Wasn't coming out of the zone with the same speed and had a tough night around his net. Still he gets 2 assists.

Micheyev - best game in a while. Used speed to force the play and had a decent two way game. Step in the right direction

Zadorov - big presence who kept Canes jittery and honest.

Juulsens - keep expecting a drop off in play but not seeing it. His focus is so much better than earlier play with this organization.

NIce win coming out of the break and sustains the momentum team had going into it. Too bad Calgary beat Boston b/c they are going to come out hard in the next game. Nice that Kuzmenko seemed to get off to a good start with the Flames. Lindholm certainly did with the Canucks

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Had dinner while watching the end of the Avs game, which the Avs lost in regulation. Thank you, Devils.

Impressed that we won while our best players (except Hughes) didn't have their best games. Have to give credit to Carolina, too.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Kuzmenko helping the Flames beat the Bruins is the frosting, and if the Golden Knights beat the Oilers, it'd be the cherry on top.

Entertaining game and a great character win by the squad. Impressed by how well Lindholm fit with Pettersson already.

Reactions: Regress2TheMeme

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
EP's play away from Miller is kind of concerning. Miller has thrived with whomever he has played with, everyone around him gets better. Other than last season, EP has been disappointing if he's not on the Lotto line. I'm really starting to believe Miller is our best forward.

With that being said Lindholm is going to love getting feeds from our core. He fits like a glove.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
I can imagine how many 'blow it up/tank' posters are coming out of the woodwork again. Welcome back ya'll, still disgruntled we didn't blow it up?

He will get over it.
I never left and Im on the wagon completely.
f*** THE TANK (Figuratively)

Reactions: quat

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
EP's play away from Miller is kind of concerning. Miller has thrived with whomever he has played with, everyone around him gets better. Other than last season, EP has been disappointing if he's not on the Lotto line. I'm really starting to believe Miller is our best forward.

With that being said Lindholm is going to love getting feeds from our core. He fits like a glove.
I'll feed your core and fit like a glove.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The kind of game that more than ever convinces you that the Canucks will be dangerous piece of work in the upcoming playoffs.

This was basically a playoff game tonight.....almost no open ice, and the night reduced to a lot of one-on-one puck battles. These are the kind of games that players like Joshua, Zadorov and Lindholm will rise to the occasion.

Also such a luxury to have a line like Blueger, Joshua and Garland......they tilt the rink into the offensive zone every time they take the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad