Post-Game Talk: [GM50] Canucks defeat Hurricanes | 3-2 (Lindholm(2) & Miller) | Lindholm’s Revenge

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Nice to get back on the ice and back in the W column. Lindholm wasting no time making an impact - 2 goals and out defending the lead late in the game. Nice addition.

End of the game got a bit hairy as we defended, but that was a solid first game after a break that was probably mostly spent with people getting their party on rather than doing anything serious.

Felt good to be cheering at the TV again! Let’s keep this rolling!

I caught the last 2 mins of the game and thought they defended brilliantly. Getting into shooting lanes, forcing the point and pressuring. Wasnt holding my breath like we used to in years past

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
1707274667232.jpeg

DimitriL07

Jan 24, 2023
Vancouver BC
Those Oil fans sayin lucky W because we had barely any shots. Is it possible just mayybeee 2 good teams can play a tight game? They won’t tell you how many shots the Canes had thru 2 periods though because that would go against there whole Canucks are bad shtick

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I would love nothing more than for us to knock the Oilers out in the playoffs
Only if its in the second round, after they are battered by the Knights. Otherwise, they will be an even tougher opponent looking for revenge and thats pretty scary.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Those Oil fans sayin lucky W because we had barely any shots. Is it possible just mayybeee 2 good teams can play a tight game? They won’t tell you how many shots the Canes had thru 2 periods though because that would go against there whole Canucks are bad shtick

Shots were 15-8 Canucks 38 minutes into the game.

Then we scored early in the 3rd and went into shutdown mode.

That was an absolutely clinical road game against one of the top teams in the NHL.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Canucks strategy when holding the lead is really interesting. They are basically willing to concede an entire period but trade that possession time for almost no rushes or high-danger chances against. Most shots are from the outside with a clear plate for Demko. Only ask him to make a couple of hard saves. It’s a really smart bet, actually.

Force the buck into the corners and make teams beat you in the cycle. Have every player positioned to take away passing and shooting lanes. Don’t worry too much about icing since you know you’ll concede shots for Demko to swallow up.

I don’t know if I’ve seen another team try to do this as consistently as the Canucks. They aren’t turtling or trapping since those deny entry and Canucks aren’t focused solely on that.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Shots were 15-8 Canucks 38 minutes into the game.

Then we scored early in the 3rd and went into shutdown mode.

That was an absolutely clinical road game against one of the top teams in the NHL.
After 50 games, you would think people would catch on to the fact when we are ahead in the 3rd period, we will just shut it down, lock it down in the middle and let teams shoot at Demko/CdD from the outside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad