GM Game #3 by The Instigator, PG, and JW

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:stars are around tonight, and happy to talk deals.

Both rebuilding and retooling. Top-4 D and solid scoring wingers are of particular interest.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:flames will be around tonight.

Travis Hamonic/Michael Stone remain available either in a deal for an upgrade at RW or possibly in a deal for pick(s).

Sam Bennett could be moved in a package for a top 6 RW or in a deal for a similarly valued RW.

Troy Brouwer/Michael Frolik available with retention.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
If anyone wants beau Bennett or pettri lingbohm, I'd consider a low pick or an RFA you are on the fence for qualifying

JayBo will move if a decent offer comes in. People asking but not putting something on the table that we can tinker with

Hutton's UFA rights and Chris Thorburn will go for cheap. Sabotka can go for a cheaper C, would add if the guy has upside

Will consider Parayko, but it would have to be a good offer. The UFA market for D is hot garbage with De Haan and Pateryn signed, a Top 4 RD holds value

Still shopping Steen and Berglund to get younger and cheaper.

Needs are Top 6 F, LD, maybe 1G (tho a pending trade may fix that), picks/prospects and depth

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
:nucksstill looking for a 2c, not looking to overspend. Will accept a cap dump that can fill the role. We have 24m in cap space and an owner who likes to spend.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

The Montreal Canadiens have traded forward Michael McLeod and Chicago 2018 second round pick to the Vancouver Canucks for defenseman Ben Hutton and forward Kole Lind.

Comments to come later.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015

The Montreal Canadiens have traded forward Michael McLeod and Chicago 2018 second round pick to the Vancouver Canucks for defenseman Ben Hutton and forward Kole Lind.

Comments to come later.
Confirmed.

We feel that Ben Hutton has a lot to prove and we wanted to send him somewhere that would allow him the playing time to do so. Trading Lind away hurts, but we feel it was a necessary trade to acquire a prospect in Michael McLeod that will take some pressure off of Pettersson to be a center, and has the skill set to be able to play with Petterson to one day create one of the best lines in the league.

OB5

May 2, 2015
TRADES

To :wild - Trent Frederic, David Backes
To :bruins - Future Considerations

To :wild - Carl Hagelin
To :pens - Future Considerations

After moving out many of our forwards in the Carolina blockbuster, we had tons of roster spots open and cap space.

We got 2 useful vet forwards for free while adding a great C prospect and have the cap space to swallow these deals.
Confirm.

Hagelin was expendable due to some younger forward being ready to take his place...we also are happy to get rid of his cap hit. We have something big cooking up that we are hoping to announce soon.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:blues
Cam Talbot
EDM 2nd (#41)

:edmonton
Jake Allen
WIN 1st (#29)

Talbot is an upgrade on Jake, will benefit from not having to play 70+ GMs and with only one year left gives us more flexibility. Both goalies needed a change of scenery

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Cam Talbot
EDM 2nd (#41)

Jake Allen
WIN 1st (#29)

Talbot is an upgrade on Jake, will benefit from not having to play 70+ GMs and with only one year left gives us more flexibility. Both goalies needed a change of scenery

Confirms

We definitely felt a change of scenery was in order. Hopefully we come out on the right end of this one. The trade also gives us a little cap certainty for the next couple years as we try to build around the McDavid.

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
Still looking to move Athanasiou. I'm open to ideas, whether it be a hockey trade for a D, pick/prospects, or a more established RH shot up front. I'm all ears.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:blues sign the following RFAs

Joel Edmundson- 4yrs 3.25m
Robby Fabbri 2yrs 1.5m
Dmitri Jaskin 2yr 1.2m
Nikita Shoshnikov 1yr 1m

Schmaltz,Binnington, Selman, Maceachern, and Vannelli have all accepted their QOs

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Late night news

:sens trades
2018 1st (#4)
Filip Chlapik

:edmonton trades
2018 1st (#3)

GM AslanRH can't get enough center prospects it seems, so he is going to go take a nap.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:panthers
Stl 2018 3rd
Stl 2018 4th

Fla 2020 4th
Fla 2018 5th
Fla 2019 5th
Fla 2020 5th
Fla 2020 6th

When GMs get bored :laugh:
later round prospects are always a tossup, I'd rather have more kicks at the can

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
:bruins Sign the following RFA's:

Matt Grzelcyk: 1,000,000 x 2 years
Sean Kuraly: 900,000 x 1 year
Austin Czarnik: 750,000 x 1 year
Sven Baertschi: 2,000,000 x year

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

Will be working on our draft list shortly. We could be interested to use TOR 2018 2nd to move up from 17th overall.

On the trade block :
One of Paul Byron or Andrew Shaw
Michael McCarron
Jordie Benn

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
The first two rounds of the draft will be held Sunday, May 27th at 7:30pm EST.

Please check all picks in the draft order, once posted tomorrow, to make sure everything is correct. If there is a mistake, it cannot be changed once the draft has started, so take the time to go into the draft thread and confirm your picks.

Rules of the draft:

1) If you plan to attend, please send me a PM. This will allow you to make your selection live, as you will have a 5 minute time limit to do so.

2) If you cannot attend but would like to make your own selection, please send a list to me. From this list, you will get your player selected. I will do the 1st round live, and will auto the 2nd round.

Please note that this time, the top 3 picks will not be randomized - they will go by the ranking on www.draftsite.com

***INCLUDE YOUR TEAM NAME IN YOUR LIST! I WILL NOT LOOK YOU UP!***

3) If neither of the first two conditions are met, you will be auto'd. No exceptions whatsoever.

***WHAT WILL AUTO MEAN? It will mean that if you're not around and haven't sent a list for round 1, you'll be auto'd one of the next 5 guys on the auto list. This will be determined by random number generation, and is intended to simulate the independent valuation some teams have over other guys in the draft. The auto list will be taken from the mock draft at www.draftsite.com.

4) The first round will be live, the second round will be by list or auto'd (straight from list, no randomization). Rounds 3 and 4 will take place, fully auto'd, on Thursday by wonderful volunteers on Tuesday (hopefully).

5) Refresh often. I will make one post per selection.

6) Every team has the ability to call one, and one only, 5 minute "timeout" if a trade is being negotiated. The trade must be sent confirmed to myself and PG within the 5 minutes. On the 6th minute, you'll have the balance of your 5 minutes to make a selection. After that, you get auto'd. Again, no exceptions.

7) Once your selection has been auto'd, you will be auto'd for the remainder of the draft. Once again, no exceptions.

This is a tedious and time consuming task, so I ask that everyone follow the rules because keeping all 31 teams accounted for and tracked is a lot more work than you may think!

Remember to send lists or RSVP that you will be picking live, and also to verify the draft order for any problems. Once we start, we don't stop!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad