GDT: GM #3: LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @ 7:30

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Damn that was a fun game. Can't complain too much this season so far. Muzzin needs to be smarter, and Steven's needs to be smarter on 3v3

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Would this fanbase be calling for McDavid to throw down if Tkachuk’s bitch ass elbowed him?

No, they wouldn’t. Well, hell, maybe they would.

“I want Gretzky to stick up for himself!!!” Wah wah wah

(And in before you say I’m comparing 99 to Drew, plebs)

Cut it out. DD is one of our stars. A finesse D. The best finesse D we’ve seen in some time. He doesn’t throw down with Tkachuk. We have enough bruisers on this squad that should be doing so. There’s a great docu on Netflix about our history of enforcers, titled Ice Guardians. Watch it. Soak it in.

I’m ashamed of some of you.

As a future mod supervisor, I’m taking names ;)

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Would this fanbase be calling for McDavid to throw down if Tkachuk’s bitch ass elbowed him?

No, they wouldn’t. Well, hell, maybe they would.

“I want Gretzky to stick up for himself!!!” Wah wah wah

(And in before you say I’m comparing 99 to Drew, plebs)

Cut it out. DD is one of our stars. A finesse D. The best finesse D we’ve seen in some time. He doesn’t throw down with Tkachuk. We have enough bruisers on this squad that should be doing so. There’s a great docu on Netflix about our history of enforcers, titled Ice Guardians. Watch it. Soak it in.

I’m ashamed of some of you.

As a future mod supervisor, I’m taking names ;)

Doughty isn't a finesse D and he acts tough. That's the problem.

He needs to squash this thing, personally. Would be huge for the room and his leadership.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Doughty isn't a finesse D and he acts tough. That's the problem.

He needs to squash this thing, personally. Would be huge for the room and his leadership.
He most certainly is a finesse D, BK.

With all due respect, and you know I’ll always defer to you when it comes to our beloved Kings. We be pals.

But man, he is a generational finesse Dman. He isn’t out their with his butt hipchecking fooz like Blake, or squashing bitches like Foote. Doesn’t have the slap shot of MacInnis.

But he bobs and weaves. He has a small frame. He shouldn’t be fighting The Bitch. Someone should damned be, but not DD. We have guys on the team that should trample The Bitch. DD isn’t worth the trade off for The Bitch, despite the recent orgy, love fest for The Bitch. Let one of our young bulls spear the f***, or slew foot him. You don’t elbow our super star. You don’t rip at Quickie’s mask. Someone needs to teach this foo a lesson. But that lesson doesn’t need to be tought by any of our studs, especially our Stud, DD.

(Also, have a like. You’re one of our best, brother)

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I agree, Doughty isn't a fighter. The ridiculous kind of tirade which went on for 30 seconds or more in the penalty box should not happen though.

Doughty has other ways of "getting even" with Tkachuk. He is certainly capable of delivery solid body checks along the boards and effective play in his own zone and carrying the puck. Frankly, I haven't seen him do much of any of it against Calgary in recent games against them. It's pretty obvious Tkachuk has gotten under his skin.

Doughty's best course of action, if he isn't going to fight, is to tone down the rhetoric and play an extra physical game against the entire Calgary roster. As much as anything that kind of response will make him more effective and Tkachuk less effective.

Tkachuk instigated the entire thing after chirping the bench and then Doughty on the way to the box. Doughty fired back and thats what we saw on the video. He was pissed that he ripped Quicks mask off and it went on from there. "fed with a silver spoon your entire life" was pretty funny,

Reactions: KingTrouty

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Muzzin stinks. That is all.......

Is anybody else sick of Jim Fox talking trash about Darryl Sutter? He's done it 3 times now.....

(And I'm paraphrasing here)

1) ["Darryl Sutter hurt Zatkoff's confidence"] .....Fox spouted this during the preseason.

2) ["Darryl Sutter created an unhealthy culture of fear"] .....Fox said something like this last week.

3) ["Darryl Sutter snickered & dismissed team-building activities"] .....Fox said something to this effect last night.

Here's the deal....... Darryl Sutter led the Kings to, not one, but two Stanley Cups..... the ONLY STANLEY CUPS that the L.A. Kings have ever won. Furthermore, I don't remember Fox ever criticizing any former King's coach this harshly or persistently. Did Fox talk trash about Terry Murray? How about Marc Crawford? What about Andy Murray? Robinson? Ftorek? Melrose? Webster? Fox needs to either hop on a plane & fly to Calgary and tell these things to Sutter's face, or just shut the hell up. It's ironic that Fox has his own vineyards. The dude transacts in both "wine" and "whine".....

When the coach is fired you analyze the reasons why it happened and the problem that led to it. You don't gets some pass on criticism because you won 2 cups. His comment were spot on, no matter what success he brought here. You also have to look at the context he used those comments in instead just some kind of sound byte.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
When the coach is fired you analyze the reasons why it happened and the problem that led to it.

OK. Then where were Fox's criticisms of all the coaches fired prior to Sutter being fired? I never heard them. It seems to me, he's singling out Sutter. And, to be honest, the poor play of Zatkoff is the fault of Zatkoff, not Sutter. Zatkoff hurt Zatkoff's confidence by getting in there and stinking up the joint. This ain't Romper Room. Zatkoff's confidence was (AND STILL IS!!!) the responsibility of Jeff Zatkoff. It's nothing to do with the coach, no matter what Jim Fox would like us all to believe.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Doughty is embarrassing himself and the Kings with his antics, and I hope Stevens or Kopitar say something to him about it. You know guys like Mitchell, Williams, or O'Donnell would tell him to knock it off.

One element this team has been sorely missing but frankly also one I'm not sure exists in the NHL right now.

Not exactly the same player but asking Doughty to fight is like asking Karlsson to fight. Anybody who thinks you just go out there and drop the gloves probably has never dropped the gloves or been in a street fight. Doughty could literally get destroyed by Tkachuk and be out a long time, he's not a fighter, he's a gifted, skilled hockey player who should be protected by his teammates. This is the new NHL, you can't just go and throw Baumgartner and McSorley out there to take care of Tkachuk. It was a close game, you have to deal with the kids antics without taking a penalty and hope you win the game.

If Karlsson was running his mouth for 45 seconds acting like a tough ass I'd expect him to back it up too.

As a fan I'd rather see King players show their emotions than be robots like we saw under Sutter. As for Cammy his ice time has gone down each game, will he make the 12 game Ted Purcell mark? There are better players in Ontario that should be getting those minutes.

Not saying I want a lack of emotion. I don't think anyone is saying that. Love when the guys play spicy, and love when Doughty is chirping on the ice. It's not a binary, I doubt anyone is saying they want Doughtybot. But there's a limit--someone made the Quick comparison earlier and it's similar, Doughty has a breaking point beyond which he plays like absolute shit, and after an angry tirade like that, you'd better back up your mouth. That temper tantrum followed by nothing but sloppy play and stick fouls is 1. exactly what Tkachuk wants and why he's effective, 2. Doughty's biggest flaw, 2. a total f***ing embarrassment of the whole roster being a spotlight primadonna.

It's not like we're saying Doughty needs to go out and fight every night or anything like that--we're just saying if you're going to make a f***ing sideshow, you'd better put up or shut up, not play stupid, selfish, and sloppy.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Ok, Rocky, so you’re saying you wish DD took that elbow like a champ last season? And that when he took the cross checks last night, he just skated back to the bench? No words, head down. When The Bitch ripped off Quickie’s mask, no words from DD? Just head down, on the bench?

And when he was in the penalty box he should have just sat there with his hands crossed if he wasn’t gonna throw down with The Bitch?

He wasn’t gonna fight, so this is the only alternative you accept. Not fired up DD?

Rocky, your our 1C, no disrespect, you know that, brother. Just curious

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Ok, Rocky, so you’re saying you wish DD took that elbow like a champ last season? And that when he took the cross checks last night, he just skated back to the bench? No words, head down. When The ***** ripped off Quickie’s mask, no words from DD? Just head down, on the bench?

And when he was in the penalty box he should have just sat there with his hands crossed if he wasn’t gonna throw down with The *****?

He wasn’t gonna fight, so this is the only alternative you accept. Not fired up DD?

Rocky, your our 1C, no disrespect, you know that, brother. Just curious

You're putting a lot of words in my mouth.

No, I wish the TEAM stuck up for DD last season. And last night when he was getting drilled from behind. Because those are occasions when the player is obviously too banged up to handle it himself. And when Tkachuk ripped off Quick's mask, everyone on the ice handled it...Drew giving him a piece of his mind is cool, but if you're going to go off like THAT, you have to back it up. That wasn't some on-ice chirping, that was over the top theatrics while safely hidden away from the action when he had no intention of doing a thing. Then he went back on the ice and played like shit because he came unglued.

I've said I like fired up DD. I like chirpy, trolly DD. I don't like temper tantrum DD who wants the spotlight because those are the moments when he overcompensates and f***s up. I have no doubt he cares, but for a guy who is so good when focused in big moments, he sure plays like a bag of hammered dog crap when OVERLY fired up.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
But man, he is a generational finesse Dman. He isn’t out their with his butt hipchecking fooz like Blake, or squashing *****es like Foote. Doesn’t have the slap shot of MacInnis.

But he bobs and weaves. He has a small frame. He shouldn’t be fighting

He tries doing a lot of that stuff though. Sometimes it even works. If he's going to talk though, he's got to back it up, but when he gets too emotional, he doesn't, either physically or with his talent. When has it ever helped the Kings when he throws the tantrums? An emotionally involved Doughty is a tremendous player. A whining Doughty doesn't do anything. Never has.

I've said I like fired up DD. I like chirpy, trolly DD. I don't like temper tantrum DD who wants the spotlight because those are the moments when he overcompensates and ****s up. I have no doubt he cares, but for a guy who is so good when focused in big moments, he sure plays like a bag of hammered dog crap when OVERLY fired up.

Just like Quick's athleticism. He is the goalie he is because of it, but when he starts putting himself out of position because of it, that doesn't help. Or Kopitar's hibernation during the winter months. His calm, cool, and consistent play is what's made him a #1C, but when it goes to the extreme, it doesn't help.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00