GDT: GM #3: LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @ 7:30

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Ok, Rocky, so you’re saying you wish DD took that elbow like a champ last season? And that when he took the cross checks last night, he just skated back to the bench? No words, head down. When The ***** ripped off Quickie’s mask, no words from DD? Just head down, on the bench?

And when he was in the penalty box he should have just sat there with his hands crossed if he wasn’t gonna throw down with The *****?

He wasn’t gonna fight, so this is the only alternative you accept. Not fired up DD?

Rocky, your our 1C, no disrespect, you know that, brother. Just curious

where's the ignore button on this new layout?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
What's up with the stupid scheduling?

We don't play Anaheim until November 7, and we play the flames next time again next year? Never understood this stupid f***ing schedule. Always seems the good rivalry games are put towards the back end.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
What's up with the stupid scheduling?

We don't play Anaheim until November 7, and we play the flames next time again next year? Never understood this stupid ****ing schedule. Always seems the good rivalry games are put towards the back end.

They made it so each team plays every team home and away at least once. In a business sense, getting to see Crosby every year in Arizona, or McDavid every year in Boston, or Matthews every year in LA, is a good thing. However, it's going to cost you somewhere. The cost is fewer games against the teams you're competing with for playoff spots.

If they get most of the non-conference/division games out of the way earlier, it can add a little more weight to the more important games later in the season. The only issue there is the wait.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
They made it so each team plays every team home and away at least once. In a business sense, getting to see Crosby every year in Arizona, or McDavid every year in Boston, or Matthews every year in LA, is a good thing. However, it's going to cost you somewhere. The cost is fewer games against the teams you're competing with for playoff spots.

If they get most of the non-conference/division games out of the way earlier, it can add a little more weight to the more important games later in the season. The only issue there is the wait.
So the real fans get screwed for the newbs. Typical.

Don't care for Sodney Croosby, and Cooner McDoovid.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
So the real fans get screwed for the newbs. Typical.

Don't care for Sodney Croosby, and Cooner McDoovid.

Not sure I'd go that far. Real fans do want to see Crosby and McDavid live. I'm sure owners don't mind it either. They get to say come watch so and so. It's a big thing when certain players come to town. The downside to it for some teams is that they also have to have Arizona, or Florida, or Carolina, but nobody wants those teams to come into their building. Not just players though, it's also certain teams. You get an O6 team into town, like last night in Arizona, and you sell some tickets. I doubt the NHL cares who buys the tickets, as long as they do.

I'd rather see more games against the division/conference. I wouldn't need the Kings to play any Eastern teams. It made sense back in the day. Fewer teams, no internet, little way to watch games from other cities. It's like the all-star game. At one time, that game made sense. Today, you can see every team/player play, any time, all the time. The all-star game used to be special, even if the game wasn't good. Wow, look at all these guys! I never get to see these guys play. Today, it's an obsolete notion.

The schedule has changed here and there over the years. Maybe they'll swing back to a more division/conference heavy schedule one day. Especially if they add another team.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Not sure I'd go that far. Real fans do want to see Crosby and McDavid live. I'm sure owners don't mind it either. They get to say come watch so and so. It's a big thing when certain players come to town. The downside to it for some teams is that they also have to have Arizona, or Florida, or Carolina, but nobody wants those teams to come into their building. Not just players though, it's also certain teams. You get an O6 team into town, like last night in Arizona, and you sell some tickets. I doubt the NHL cares who buys the tickets, as long as they do.

I'd rather see more games against the division/conference. I wouldn't need the Kings to play any Eastern teams. It made sense back in the day. Fewer teams, no internet, little way to watch games from other cities. It's like the all-star game. At one time, that game made sense. Today, you can see every team/player play, any time, all the time. The all-star game used to be special, even if the game wasn't good. Wow, look at all these guys! I never get to see these guys play. Today, it's an obsolete notion.

The schedule has changed here and there over the years. Maybe they'll swing back to a more division/conference heavy schedule one day. Especially if they add another team.

I'd be surprised if long time fans would give a shit about that tbh. - shrug -

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
He died in a marching accident.

Tbh, it's hard to explain, they didn't hit him square so he hurt his upper body, seemed like a board. Watch the video imo.
He’s had a history of concussions.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he has the dreaded “upper body injury”

Which sucks, as he’s a hell of a fourth liner.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
What happened to Clifford?

It could be a concussion, but it looked more like a shoulder/collarbone dislocation to me. I've had several of them and the way he was skating and holding himself looked painfully familiar. He was holding his upper body pretty still when he went off.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
It could be a concussion, but it looked more like a shoulder/collarbone dislocation to me. I've had several of them and the way he was skating and holding himself looked painfully familiar. He was holding his upper body pretty still when he went off.
With Cliff, I always defer to a concussion. But yeah, he showed something different.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a sprained shoulder (for example), but also suffered a brain scramble.

Also, you rarely dislocate a clavicle (collarbone), Fish, you generally snap it.

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010
With Cliff, I always defer to a concussion. But yeah, he showed something different.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a sprained shoulder (for example), but also suffered a brain scramble.

Also, you rarely dislocate a clavicle (collarbone), Fish, you generally snap it.

It could be elbow or shoulder. He was seen in a sling. The hit didn't touch his head. His arm got caught by the hit. Looked painful

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

My humerus used to go underneath my collarbone all the time, it was extremely uncomfortable. They finally put a screw in it and it hasn't happened since. Luckily my collarbone never broke, I heard that's even more painful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->