GDT: GM #3: LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @ 7:30

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
My humerus used to go underneath my collarbone all the time, it was extremely uncomfortable. They finally put a screw in it and it hasn't happened since. Luckily my collarbone never broke, I heard that's even more painful.
Geez, brother, neither seems fun!

My poor little boy broke his clavicle when he was 7, at recess. I felt so bad for him. He’s completely healed from it, tho.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
So the real fans get screwed for the newbs. Typical.

Don't care for Sodney Croosby, and Cooner McDoovid.

As a STH, I definitely want to see each team once a season instead of extra games against Arizona or some other garbage team we see all the time.

If the game was still rough and tumble then I'd be more for the extra conference games but they tried that out and it didn't have the desired effect.

KT:

Agree to disagree on Doughty. It is demoralizing for a high profile player and supposed leader to run his mouth but do nothing once he gets smacked in that same mouth.

Doughty gets destroyed by Tkachuk last year and nothing really happens. Clifford gets hurt on a legal hit and Andreoff jumps off the bench and starts firing punches. One of those guys is more respected in the room and it's not the former.

These are men at the end of the day. If you had some guy in your group of friends that always got the hot girls at the bar but also ran his mouth at guys, forcing you into fights while he never got his hands dirty, you'd be like "F this guy. He's an asshole". He may be fun and cool to hang with because he pulls chicks and you swim in that wake, but you aren't helping that guy move into a new apartment at 7 in the morning on your Saturday.

Thanks for the compliment though. You add some definite spice to this board which is appreciated by this guy who has been here forever.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I understand the notion that Doughty shouldn't fight, but I also understand the notion that for someone who runs his mouth as much as he does, then he should do something about it, because regardless of what anyone thinks, he will look like a coward.

I'd rather get my ass kicked than look like a coward. That's why he's not captain.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I understand the notion that Doughty shouldn't fight, but I also understand the notion that for someone who runs his mouth as much as he does, then he should do something about it, because regardless of what anyone thinks, he will look like a coward.

I'd rather get my ass kicked than look like a coward. That's why he's not captain.
Doughty shouldn’t fight.

Also, bro, he ain’t a coward.

Cut it out.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
As a STH, I definitely want to see each team once a season instead of extra games against Arizona or some other garbage team we see all the time.

If the game was still rough and tumble then I'd be more for the extra conference games but they tried that out and it didn't have the desired effect.

KT:

Agree to disagree on Doughty. It is demoralizing for a high profile player and supposed leader to run his mouth but do nothing once he gets smacked in that same mouth.

Doughty gets destroyed by Tkachuk last year and nothing really happens. Clifford gets hurt on a legal hit and Andreoff jumps off the bench and starts firing punches. One of those guys is more respected in the room and it's not the former.

These are men at the end of the day. If you had some guy in your group of friends that always got the hot girls at the bar but also ran his mouth at guys, forcing you into fights while he never got his hands dirty, you'd be like "F this guy. He's an *******". He may be fun and cool to hang with because he pulls chicks and you swim in that wake, but you aren't helping that guy move into a new apartment at 7 in the morning on your Saturday.

Thanks for the compliment though. You add some definite spice to this board which is appreciated by this guy who has been here forever.
Thanks for the thoughtful post, BK. You never disappoint.

I’ll always have your back, brother. There isn’t much in this post I can debate. Some I don’t disagree with, but it’s been stated by myself, ad naseum, in this thread.

I love that you and I are pals, BK.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Doughty shouldn’t fight.

Also, bro, he ain’t a coward.

Cut it out.

He's done a lot more to suggest that he's a coward. Only fight he's ever been in is one where Thornton jumped on him and gave him no choice but to defend himself.

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
I don't want my star players fighting, period. Tkachuk wants Doughty to fight and get hurt, don't give in to what he wants. MacDermid's job is to fight. I personally wouldn't mind an instigator against a guy like Tkachuk, specifically in a game where we can take that risk.

Reactions: KingTrouty

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
He's done a lot more to suggest that he's a coward. Only fight he's ever been in is one where Thornton jumped on him and gave him no choice but to defend himself.
Sol, you think our Drew is a coward? Our Norris Winner and backbone on the line.

Shame on you.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't want my star players fighting, period. Tkachuk wants Doughty to fight and get hurt, don't give in to what he wants. MacDermid's job is to fight. I personally wouldn't mind an instigator against a guy like Tkachuk, specifically in a game where we can take that risk.

Let's be clear, generally speaking, that no one really wants Doughty fighting.

However, I know I always despise the guy on my beer league teams that starts shit and never finishes it, so I can imagine NHLers feel the same way.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I don't want Doughty to fight, but when you spend so much time jawing at the opposition and complaining at calls or non-calls in the opposition's favor, you start entering the "rat" territory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad