GDT: GM #3: LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @ 7:30

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Calgary Flames (2-1-0, 4 pts) :thumbd:at Los Angeles Kings (2-0-0, 4 pts):thumbu:
Staples Center| Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30 PM PT | TV: Fox Sports West | RADIO: 790 KABC

QUICK STATS
Season Series (2016-17): 2-2-1
Leading Scorers:
CGY: 5 pts, 1 g, 4 a, Jonny Gaudreau
LAK: 3 pts, 2 g, 1 a, Anze Kopitar

LINES*

:kings
Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Cammalleri-Kempe-Andreoff
Clifford-Shore-Lewis

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Folin
MacDermid-Fantenberg

Quick
Kuemper

Extras: Dowd, Brodzinski, Ladue
Injuries: Alec Martinez (Lower body injury, day-day)
Marian Gaborik

:flames
Versteeg-Bennett-Jagr
Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk:madfire:-Backlund-Frolik
Glass-Stajan-Brouwer

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Hamonic
Bartkowski-Stone

Smith
Lack

Extras: Lazar, Hamilton, Kulak

News/Notes
  • The Calgary Flames defeated the Anaheim Ducks in Anaheim for the first time since 2004 with a 2-0 shutout breaking a 29 game losing streak. Mike Smith stopped all 43 shots he faced. Smith missed practiced yesterday after he got dinged up at the end of the Ducks game, but should be okay to start.
  • The Flames made a splash in the offseason by aquiring Travis Hamonic from the New York Islanders sending a 1st round pick and 2 2nd round picks to solidify their defense.
  • Jaromir Jagr signed with the Calgary Flames over the weekend, but it is unknown if he will make his debut against the Kings. Flames coach Glen Gulutzan says that Jagr is a game time decision. Jagr skated along side Versteeg and Bennett yesterday at practice...
  • The Los Angeles Kings defeated the San Jose Sharks 4-1 after a very impressive performance on the road starting the season 2-0 for the first time in 15 years :amazed:
  • Andy Andreoff may make his season debut after skating along side Kempe and Cammalleri in practice. One would assume the Kings will be looking for revenge on Matthew Tkachuk for his elbow on Drew Doughty back in March.
*Lines subject to change. Will change if necessary

Tweets of the Game!

Unfortunately I'm going to be missing the game tonight. Hopefully MacDermid puts a beat down on Tkachuk which would be wonderful. I need a lot of cheering up after the United States soccer team will not be going to the World Cup next summer. And honestly that loss felt a million times worse than losing to the Hawks in WCF in 2013. Anyways, cheers everyone.

GO KINGS GO!!!!!

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Took them 3 games to reach 4 points? They suck! :thumbu:

Should be a good test for the Kings since Calgary has played the Kings extremely tough recently. Quick has had their number though, it will be an entertaining game.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
There is no way Tkachuk is going to go with Big Mac. He wouldn't even go with Clifford.
This.

I'm thinking MacDermid/Clifford will have a go with Glass/Ferland. Maybe Andreoff will try going after Tkachuk after his embarrassing face wash on him last year after the Doughty hit.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
There is no way Tkachuk is going to go with Big Mac. He wouldn't even go with Clifford.
okay I'm confused here MacDermid's best quality is his toughness. Yet the person he is here to go against won't go against him? so whats the point of having him play if he can't do what we need him to do ? Serious question

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Hoping the boys can make time to get 2 points in the midst of all these plans for Tkatchuk.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
okay I'm confused here MacDermid's best quality is his toughness. Yet the person he is here to go against won't go against him? so whats the point of having him play if he can't do what we need him to do ? Serious question

I suppose it doesn't need to be consensual, he'd be punching him in the face not sleeping with him.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Why would Tkachuk fight a serious heavyweight in MacDermid? It's a total mismatch. He's not going to fight MacDermid and if he does he's going to be in a world of hurt.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Why would Tkachuk fight a serious heavyweight in MacDermid? It's a total mismatch. He's not going to fight MacDermid and if he does he's going to be in a world of hurt.
why have a serious heavyweight in the lineup when he won't be able to get the person hes there to get? I'd rather have someone (like LaDue) that can play a actual shift in the nhl especially if he can't do what hes in the lineup to do

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
why have a serious heavyweight in the lineup when he won't be able to get the person hes there to get? I'd rather have someone (like LaDue) that can play a actual shift in the nhl especially if he can't do what hes in the lineup to do
It's very simple, Macdermid has had a better preseason and the coaching staff obviously likes what they see out of him more than what they see out of LaDue. MacDermid isn't strictly an enforcer, he can play too. Its not rocket science.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
It's very simple, Macdermid has had a better preseason and the coaching staff obviously likes what they see out of him more than what they see out of LaDue. MacDermid isn't strictly an enforcer, he can play too. Its not rocket science.
If he can play why is he only getting under 10 mins a game? I call bs on him having a better pre season then LaDue. LaDue was playing 18-20 mins while MacDermid maybe play 12 if even that.

Last edited:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hoping the boys can make time to get 2 points in the midst of all these plans for Tkatchuk.

Playing a solid 60 , pushing the pace and getting quality SOG's contributing to a sound win and 2 pts should be their only focus. Doughty elected not to give Tkatchuk his just rewards (not a fight, a bone jarring hit) last year, that ship sailed. This isn't the minor leagues. Play a physical game, that's fine. If something transpires within the game, then address it. But headhunting expedition based on last year? Hope they don't go that route, expect Stevens is a lot smarter than that.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The only thing with MacD that makes sense is that they didn't want to lose him on waivers, but they weren't ready to play him either. Then Martinez got hurt, and they were forced to. Ladue is back up now, but they keep dressing MacD for 5 minutes per game. I get having a fighter in the lineup, but it's usually the 12th forward, not one of the 6 dmen. Who doesn't even get a shift on the PK.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
The only thing with MacD that makes sense is that they didn't want to lose him on waivers, but they weren't ready to play him either. Then Martinez got hurt, and they were forced to. Ladue is back up now, but they keep dressing MacD for 5 minutes per game. I get having a fighter in the lineup, but it's usually the 12th forward, not one of the 6 dmen. Who doesn't even get a shift on the PK.
It was noted that MacD doesn't have to pass thru waiver this year. Rosen tweeted it serveral days before the season before LaDue went down

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kill him.. Kill him now.

big_1489981516_image.jpg

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
If he can play why is he only getting under 10 mins a game? I call bs on him having a better pre season then LaDue. LaDue was playing 18-20 mins while MacDermid maybe play 12 if even that.
Because he's a rookie? And where did that get LaDue? Shipped down to Ontario because he didn't play as well as MacDernid.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Because he's a rookie? And where did that get LaDue? Shipped down to Ontario because he didn't play as well as MacDernid.
So is Fantenberg why isn't his mins reduced hes a rookie as well Folin is also new to the team? You would think they would trust there own farm team developing solid players. MacDermid is here to be a enforcer but according to your own post he won't be able to get the guy he needs to . So i ask why is he here?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
It was noted that MacD doesn't have to pass thru waiver this year. Rosen tweeted it serveral days before the season before LaDue went down

Oh yeah. I'm getting old. Well then playing him 5 minutes per game makes even less sense.

Barely plays, hasn't killed a penalty, and hasn't fought. They're intentionally playing just 5 dmen. It's not based on circumstance, they're just going with 5 d. It's interesting.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad