German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
They pursued him heavily before signing Stöger. When Nagelsmann goes to bayern instead, it should surprise no one if they circle back to Wolf.
So Klopp, Tuchel Bosz, Stöger; Wolf?
Not gonna happen imo.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Even if Nagelsmann were BVB's first choice - which he probably is - there's the issue of competition. Not just Bayern, but potentially one of the top EPL jobs. Arsenal, Chelsea, and United all have disgruntled managers, or themselves should be unhappy with their managers. I know you seem to think that Nagelsmann doesn't have enough the experience or reputation for a job like that, but there's enough hype for him in English media to think that one of those clubs would take a shot at him anyway. Especially Arsenal. BVB would probably make more sense for him than any of those clubs but Bayern, but there's much more uncertainty on Nagelsmann's end.

With Wolf, he is probably Watzke's #2 candidate and BVB is easily the best club that would hire him. Do the math and you'll see the odds of BVB hiring him are significantly higher.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Why not? Bosz is the only outlier in that group the rest all came from comparable clubs...at least in terms of where they were at the time those coaches were with them, not in terms of history.
BvB is a CL club (at least they are supposed to be) and I'd think they can't afford another failure.
I think they'll go for a established coach. My money would be on Nagelsmann. The best fit .
Nagelsmann to BvB, Tuchel to Bayern (or EPL)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
BvB is a CL club (at least they are supposed to be) and I'd think they can't afford another failure.
I think they'll go for a established coach. My money would be on Nagelsmann. The best fit .
Nagelsmann to BvB, Tuchel to Bayern (or EPL)

BVB would love to get Nagelsmann, but they've already lost out on him.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
BVB would love to get Nagelsmann, but they've already lost out on him.

At this point, I am close to giving up hope for Nagelsmann at Bayern next summer. Our board, Hoeneß for the most part, seem to have zeroed in on convincing Jupp to stay a little longer with no backup plan. If Jupp gives in, I think JN remains a good option for 2019, because I'm but sure Hoffenheim will let him go in the summer. If Jupp doesn't want to, I have no idea what happens, but it seems like Tuchel would be a more realistic best-case scenario than JN right now.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Tayfun Korkut takes over VfB Stuttgart. Well, good luck with that.
I'm out of data at work so I can't do it now, but I mean to post the 11Freunde photo series with twitter reactions to his appointment when I'm back home. Hilarious stuff - unless you're a Stuttgart fan, or into "Galgenhumor"...

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I'm out of data at work so I can't do it now, but I mean to post the 11Freunde photo series with twitter reactions to his appointment when I'm back home. Hilarious stuff - unless you're a Stuttgart fan, or into "Galgenhumor"...
Well, I read somewhere Stuttgart fans don't seem to be amused with Korkut's appointment.
At first I liked Korkut at Hannover, but that didn't last ...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bartra leaves and Sokratis stays. :facepalm:

I've given Stoeger the benefit of the doubt so far with the back-line because its been more solid than under Bosz, but his CB choices have been very strange. He completely froze out Bartra.

They have to get rid of Sokratis in the summer, can't let him stay any longer. He's been awful for over a year now. And I still think we need to bring in another CB, now that Bartra left. I would've preferred keeping Bartra, and sticking with Bartra, Toprak, Akanji, Zagadou, but now we have to go out and sign a mobile CB who can pass the ball.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I do respect that. But going to Sevilla won't change a thing.

It's not the threat of dying a horrific death that's the issue at all though. It's the memory.

Anyway, maybe Dortmund's new full-time manager this summer will value him more highly than Stöger does and convince him to stay once his loan is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad