German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I misspoke.

Goetze might not be beginning full training the first day of the season, if I read into his instagram post correctly.

But still, he should be ready for game 1. They've been saying he would be. Occasionally some players don't participate full the first few days.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Guerreiro out 3-4 months now too after his ankle surgery. So glad Portugal dragged him along to a Mickey Mouse tournament - where he exacerbated his injury - and then had him wait another couple of weeks to get an operation.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Guerreiro out 3-4 months now too after his ankle surgery. So glad Portugal dragged him along to a Mickey Mouse tournament - where he exacerbated his injury - and then had him wait another couple of weeks to get an operation.

I had pencilled him in as a starter next to Dahoud until Weigl returns. Now we probably gotta start Castro or both of Goetze and Kagawa. Can't mess around starting Sahin, Rode, Bender in CM. Maybe Burnic gets a run in CM now.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I had pencilled him in as a starter next to Dahoud until Weigl returns. Now we probably gotta start Castro or both of Goetze and Kagawa. Can't mess around starting Sahin, Rode, Bender in CM. Maybe Burnic gets a run in CM now.

Burnic has been loaned to Stuttgart.

Dahoud could play as the deeper DM with Castro and Götze above him. Kagawa and Merino could rotate in as well. That could work against inferior opponents even if it's not ideal. Fortunately they don't have any super difficult fixtures before Weigl is on track to return, unless you count the Supercup.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
How will Schalke fare next season?

Honestly I could see them finishing much higher. Their new manager seems pretty good from the little I've heard and read, and they'll get a boost from not having European competition to tire them out. The team on paper is still way better than 10th.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
BVB should play 3-5-2 with Guerrio injured.

Burki
Bartra - Sokratis - Toprak
Götze - Dahoud - Weigl - Passlack - Dembélé
Reus - Aubameyang

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
BVB should play 3-5-2 with Guerrio injured.

Burki
Bartra - Sokratis - Toprak
Götze - Dahoud - Weigl - Passlack - Dembélé
Reus - Aubameyang

1. Reus and Weigl will both be out for the start of the season; Reus won't be back until well after Guerreiro is.
2. Gotze and Dembele as wing-backs? Prepare to get shredded out wide.
3. Has Passlack ever played CM before? Genuine question, I've only known him as a right back.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Honestly I could see them finishing much higher. Their new manager seems pretty good from the little I've heard and read, and they'll get a boost from not having European competition to tire them out. The team on paper is still way better than 10th.
Nastasic isn't going anywhere, then?

I hope Goretzka has a monster year (and then joins that small team south east in Bavaria that could really use him). I've always liked Schalke, will pay closer attention this year.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
1. Reus and Weigl will both be out for the start of the season; Reus won't be back until well after Guerreiro is.
2. Gotze and Dembele as wing-backs? Prepare to get shredded out wide.
3. Has Passlack ever played CM before? Genuine question, I've only known him as a right back.

Passlack played his whole youth career as CM. He had 17 goals and 18 assists in 24 games in the Youth Bundesliga

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He played primarily as a winger at the u19s and was always a winger with the u17 youth team *shrug* Passlack should play on the wing, and I suspect that's what was meant...Weigl, Dahoud, & Gotze in the middle, Passlack & Dembele on the wings.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, thats not gonna be the lineup, especially considering two of those players are injured.

That was a terrible performance today. WTF is Subotic doing on this team? Sell immediately. Zagadou should not be playing LB, so crazy. Durm as a CM. WTF again.

A lot of players looked really bad today. Liked Toprak, Bartra and Schmelzer. Besides that, no.

Its preseason and all, but anytime you lose to a fourth division team, it deserves a lot of criticism.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Freiburg bring Kaputska in on a permanent I'm going to love a lot of their young talent. Soyuncu, Kaputska, Kempf, Lienhart, Meffert, Stenzel, Sierro, Haberer, Bulut

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Subotic has to go right away. Dude's awful. Don't waste any more preseason minutes on him.

Schurrle and Rode shouldn't be far behind him out the door. For me, Mor comes before Schurrle this season. Mor had a good game today.

Was nice to see Goetze back on the field. Looked a little rusty, but you can tell the quality. He was playing some passes that most players don't think to play.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I'd take Subotic. Hannover 96 needs a CB and he'd be a good fit here.

Schürrle needs to go. That is correct. I dislike the player (not the human being) with a passion. I never understood why Dortmund signed Rode tbh.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Subotic has to go right away. Dude's awful. Don't waste any more preseason minutes on him.

Schurrle and Rode shouldn't be far behind him out the door. For me, Mor comes before Schurrle this season. Mor had a good game today.

Was nice to see Goetze back on the field. Looked a little rusty, but you can tell the quality. He was playing some passes that most players don't think to play.

Part of the point of preseason is to show off your unwanted players so you can sell them off.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Part of the point of preseason is to show off your unwanted players so you can sell them off.

Agree on Schurrle and Rode, I even saw yesterday that Hamburg had interest in Rode, but playing Subotic is working the opposite way. Any team who might've been interested who watched him probably will now have thought twice about it. :laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Paging Evilo, do you read this thread?

Zagadou is really good, what a terrific signing that was. Not a starter this year, but I can definitely see him developing into a starter in a season or two, and eventually a top class CB. The guy is young, only 18, but he's done well. He wasn't even so bad out of position at LB the other day.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Paging Evilo, do you read this thread?

Zagadou is really good, what a terrific signing that was. Not a starter this year, but I can definitely see him developing into a starter in a season or two, and eventually a top class CB. The guy is young, only 18, but he's done well. He wasn't even so bad out of position at LB the other day.

I'm pretty excited about him. A physical beast already and a pretty skilled footballer as well. He's CB #4 at the moment but if Bosz goes for a 3 or 5 man back line as today he could see a lot of minutes. He's the only left-footed CB on the roster, so he has an advantage in that respect. I doubt Bosz would have any qualms about starting an 18 year old, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->