German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
It's not the threat of dying a horrific death that's the issue at all though. It's the memory.

Anyway, maybe Dortmund's new full-time manager this summer will value him more highly than Stöger does and convince him to stay once his loan is over.
You don't get rid of a traumatic experience when you go to another place. You need professional help. You take the memory everywhere you go.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
You don't get rid of a traumatic experience when you go to another place. You need professional help. You take the memory everywhere you go.

And the memory of it is far stronger and more vivid when you are surrounded by reminders of it all day.

Reactions: cgf

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
And the memory of it is far stronger and more vivid when you are surrounded by reminders of it all day.
Bartra needs help. No doubt about it. Of course the bus incident was traumatic. But going to Betis won't help. He still is a good enough player to go to a competative team. If he thinks Betis is the right choice I'm okay with it. It's his career and his life.
But thinking leaving a place of a traumatic incident for a different place is simply wrong.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
But thinking leaving a place of a traumatic incident for a different place is simply wrong.

It's not just a different place, it's the country he is from and spent most of his life in. Like, it happens to people all the time, they go to another country, have a few bad experiences and then decide to go home. Because it's the place where they feel safe.

Reactions: cgf

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Some weak links with Demirbay going to Liverpool. How would he look next to Naby Keita?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Some weak links with Demirbay going to Liverpool. How would he look next to Naby Keita?

He could be a great replacement for midfielder-Coutinho if his form continued without Nagelsmann's structure to support him. He's always been extremely talented but I'm not complete sure if Nagelsmann helped him finally figure things out, or if he just put him in a position where he couldn't over-think things and instead could just rely on that great touch & passing technique to keep things flowing quickly.

If his brain rely has caught up to his talent dare I say there would be little drop off from midfielder-Coutinho to Demirbay; though again I'm not convinced that has happened. As Demirbay's reading of the game is what stalled his development with Hamburg long before they sold him to Dusseldorf (where Hoffenheim snagged him from).

Geiger I am convinced will thrive without JN because I was sold on him long before he hit their senior team; his intelligence was blatant from the start...as it was with Kimmich. And Amiri I'm confident in if he gets another year with a quality coach to finish polishing that talent & creativity. But Demirbay was a bit of a dumb-dumb before Nagelsmann got his hands on him, so I'm curious to see how he does under a different manager.

Last edited:
Reactions: Savant

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
"Batsman" to BvB official
Langkamp to Bremen official

In other news Jeff Strasser (coach of Lautern) will be out for awhile. Get well soon, dude.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
"Batsman" to BvB official
Langkamp to Bremen official

In other news Jeff Strasser (coach of Lautern) will be out for awhile. Get well soon, dude.
Just read on Bild.de that Strasser is out. Frontzek will replace him. Doesn't sound good. Get well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He could be a great replacement for midfielder-Coutinho if his form continued without Nagelsmann's structure to support him. He's always been extremely talented but I'm not complete sure if Nagelsmann helped him finally figure things out, or if he just put him in a position where he couldn't over-think things and instead could just rely on that great touch & passing technique to keep things flowing quickly.

If his brain rely has caught up to his talent dare I say there would be little drop off from midfielder-Coutinho to Demirbay; though again I'm not convinced that has happened. As Demirbay's reading of the game is what stalled his development with Hamburg long before they sold him to Dusseldorf (where Hoffenheim snagged him from).

Geiger I am convinced will thrive without JN because I was sold on him long before he hit their senior team; his intelligence was blatant from the start...as it was with Kimmich. And Amiri I'm confident in if he gets another year with a quality coach to finish polishing that talent & creativity. But Demirbay was a bit of a dumb-dumb before Nagelsmann got his hands on him, so I'm curious to see how he does under a different manager.
Didn't Demirbay explode with Dusseldorf before Hoffenheim got him though?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Didn't Demirbay explode with Dusseldorf before Hoffenheim got him though?

Eh, the move to Dusseldorf was big for his career cause it got him on the pitch & on Hoffenheim's radar. But with his talent he didn't really need to be too smart to be dynamic in BuLi2; and it wasn't like he was the league's best midfielder...and I'm not even homer-ly referring to Kreilach with that comment

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Just read on Bild.de that Strasser is out. Frontzek will replace him. Doesn't sound good. Get well.
FCK released a statement saying yesterday doctors were optimistic that after 4-6 weeks of good rest assuming final check ups go well that Strasser could resume his coaching career, so if he wanted to he could continue his career based on that which is good news - but best news is he can live a normal life if he chooses not to continue in football management.

So of course today FCK have basically sacked Strasser (despite no indication that he was permanently stepping away at this point in time) and hire Frontzeck (one of the worst managers in Germany) to be their new long term coach. Forgetting the dire on field and financial situation at FCK, I've never been more embarrassed and ashamed by FCK's actions then I am today, I can fully understand wanting to get an experienced coach in now for 6 months until we're relegated from the 2.Liga, and then you can reassess the coaching position before pre-season (be it Strasser returns fully healthy, or FCK gets a new permanent coach if Strasser is either not fit enough to return/doesn't want to return to football management). But to appoint a new long term coach today on the back of the the news from yesterday, and FCK's new sports board being in place for all of 1 day......just an embarrassment (which is par for the course for the last 10+ years of FCK I guess).

FCK been peddling the whole 'this is Strasser's wish etc', but it's just ridiculous (as if he's going to step out of line and be like no this isn't my wish) and it will just cost FCK more money when we inevitably sack Frontzeck at the end of the season. Happy days.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
So Jupp Heynckes said it for the last time: I will end my career on June 30th 2018.
Hopefully Hoeneß and Rummenigge listened carefully. Take Tuchel and everything will be fine.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
For those Germans who don't know the game will be on eurosport for free.

All I can say is: Go Cologne!

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Pity that the relegation playoffs are rigged, would be great to have Holstein of all teams take the dinosaurs down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->