German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Even though the second goal didn't count, Dahoud and Shinji are really tearing it up tonight.

Hope the former keeps playing.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Batshuayi has been pretty good.

Don't know why Dahoud doesn't start every game. Nearly every game he plays, our offense is so much more creative. And he's not bad defensively, I don't understand it. Makes no sense to me.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I was confident that Dortmund would mess up even so open a counter chance

That's how inefficient this team is at attacking

Took a bit of luck in the end to score

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Side note but I still like Sammer and definitely like listening to him. Wouldn't mind if BVB brought him back.

I think we've been good today. Its not easy to win in the Bundesliga. Hold this result, and I think its a job well done by the team.

Better than in the past few matches but I expect more from Dortmund against the bottom team in the league. Really not all that convincing in the second half, and a lot of attacking sequences ended when they shouldn't have.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Better than in the past few matches but I expect more from Dortmund against the bottom team in the league. Really not all that convincing in the second half, and a lot of attacking sequences ended when they shouldn't have.

It's not a very good team though. I think expectations have to be adjusted. A win away from home is good.

I expect changes to be made in the offseason, and hopefully the team's expectations also go up.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Watching Mainz/Bayern right now and Abdou Diallo is playing very well. Always thought he had the talent to make it at Monaco but never had a decent chance.

theprofessor

Jan 18, 2016
Quite a strike by Ribéry. So much quality at every position and two deep. And with Jupp back at the helm. Watch out.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Last minute win for Bremen. This means even more pressure on HSV. HSV vs. Hannover should be a good one on sunday.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Last minute win for Bremen. This means even more pressure on HSV. HSV vs. Hannover should be a good one on sunday.

I'm just waiting for DFB to announce a change in the Bundesliga structure, so that it will now field 20 teams and HSV will be spared.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sancho has a ligament issue, they are saying several weeks. Better that they are talking about it in weeks than months. Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho out for 'several weeks' | Goal.com

I guess Reus was going to take someone's spot in the next week or two, but injuries are never good, and I would've preferred Sancho to get minutes than Schurrle, but the plan obviously seems to be Schurrle and Pulisic at the winger spots until Reus returns, and then presumably Schurrle to the bench. I wonder if Gomez gets into the team this weekend, if Reus isn't back yet. Would be cool to give him a debut, but they'll probably just use Guerreiro at winger, if need be.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bailey has been better this year but also over a year older so we'll have to see what Pulisic does next year. Bailey probably safer bet right now.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
On my way home from the Leverkusen - Bremen match. Pretty fun game. Feeling for Werder, they deserved a little better, but showed some immaturity at key moments. That second goal from Brandt might have gotten his release clause triggered, after all. Bailey looked ambivalent; talent is obviously there, the feeling for the situational decisions isn't yet, but that is kinda expected. Away support was really neat, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad