General Preds Talk Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Trimming Ovechkin's power play time to allow a guy like Niskanen in to the PP mix and give Ovie a break (while also not getting trapped out there on D after the PP has ended) is not a catastrophic decision. He'll still find a way to be in the top 5/top 10 in PP time. Smacking a bit of hyperbole with talk such as "benching" him on the PP. In reality, he plays 1:30 rather than the full 2, or something like that.

Last edited:

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
hello to any old friends that still are regulars here, been a long time. looking forward to a new direction, new faces, new concepts. will try to post a little this year.

Steve! Alright ... looking forward to reading your insights again

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Its hard to judge tonights game without TV. No way to know if the 43 shots were unscreened shots from the perimeter that probably had no chance, or if we got a lot of good chances and were either unlucky or Bob played crazy good.

its worrisome but I suppose not unexpected that the PP and the offense in general haven't gelled yet with the new system.

from now on the games count, so I guess we will just have to wait and hope

JR303

Feb 28, 2008
Did Rinne play the whole game? I saw on another site that he came out while it was still tied. Box score says he was in the whole game.

Appreciate any info

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
Did Rinne play the whole game? I saw on another site that he came out while it was still tied. Box score says he was in the whole game.

Appreciate any info

Was on the radio tonight, Rinne came out after the second Neal scored on a 5 on 3 and nystrom scored shorthanded.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Neal scored on a 6-on-3 (Hutton was pulled for the extra attacker). Overall, this isn't the Preds you know. The PK, for the most part, was phenomenal. CBJ had trouble carrying the puck in and when they dumped it in the defense did a good job of retrieving and sending the puck back out. The guys did a good job standing up at the blue line.

A lot of the shots were quality. I thought Nashville could have easily run up the score, especially in the 2nd. It's going the be an exciting season. The boys came with speed, threw hits and shot the puck. There were a few times where a shot was passed up for a pass, but we've seen that for years.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Neal scored on a 6-on-3 (Hutton was pulled for the extra attacker). Overall, this isn't the Preds you know. The PK, for the most part, was phenomenal. CBJ had trouble carrying the puck in and when they dumped it in the defense did a good job of retrieving and sending the puck back out. The guys did a good job standing up at the blue line.

A lot of the shots were quality. I thought Nashville could have easily run up the score, especially in the 2nd. It's going the be an exciting season. The boys came with speed, threw hits and shot the puck. There were a few times where a shot was passed up for a pass, but we've seen that for years.

thats reassuring... the PK used too be our strong suit... if it can be again we will have a chance...

gela

Dec 26, 2013
Nashville

Appreciate any info

No, Hutton went in after the second. Rinne gave up 1 out of 16 shots and Hutton had 2 out of 7, including a PPG.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013

Yeah, it should be noted that bobrovsky stood on his head all game too. Saved a lot of good opportunities.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Didn't actually see that game (I badly wanted to, but got called off elsewhere :( ), but all indications I heard were that Todd Richards was rather irritated with the team afterward. I was left with the impression that Bob basically stole that game.

Hoping for good stuff out of both teams, obviously... :)

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I was looking at Bourque's numbers, he's actually producing more than Wilson when you break it down by ice time and time missed and away from the puck Bourque is far superior.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Anyone been to the Meet the Team event for Season Ticket Holders? I've got tickets tomorrow, but not sure if it's worth a 2 hour drive. Small talk & rubbing elbows with the players isn't really my thing. I'd be more interested in an X and Os session with the coaching staff.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Anyone been to the Meet the Team event for Season Ticket Holders? I've got tickets tomorrow, but not sure if it's worth a 2 hour drive. Small talk & rubbing elbows with the players isn't really my thing. I'd be more interested in an X and Os session with the coaching staff.

There's several people here who would give to get the chance to go. From what I've been told it's what you described. The small talk and rubbing elbows stuff.

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
I used to go to all the Meet the Team events but haven't in several years after they went to a color coded system of which players' tables you could go to for autographs ... and I'm not really that much of an autograph guy.

Not worth it to me ... my 2 cents.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I used to go to all the Meet the Team events but haven't in several years after they went to a color coded system of which players' tables you could go to for autographs ... and I'm not really that much of an autograph guy.

yeah unless they have changed it recently its basically more of a glorified autograph session.

I don't know if there is actually much interaction with the coaching staff or not

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
yeah unless they have changed it recently its basically more of a glorified autograph session.

I don't know if there is actually much interaction with the coaching staff or not

Agree we are not planning to go either.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Seeing everyone say they aren't going kinda blows my mind. Especially when there are lots of people who would love to go but did not get invited because they could not afford season tickets for the entire season but were able to purchase half or partial season tickets.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I know, that sucks. But they have lots of times and places where you can meet the players and get autographs. It's just a nice thank you for marketing not having to sell those seats during the year.

But I'm not going either. I've never been. It's kind of awkward because I mainly just cheer for the laundry. I may like their game or like a name or think one or two of them is cute, but really, some of them are younger than my son--that's just creepy. So I'm not meeting them to share googly eyes and I'm not astute enough to ask what the heck was going on in that second pass during the 3rd preseason game. What am I going to say to Shea--how's the baby? How's Dug? That's his business. What I want to know, he can't answer--whose face are you going to freakin' maul next and which ref would you most like to Zetterberg?

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN

I think they did change it. I haven't been for a few years, but from pictures on fb, it's changed.

From the pictures from last year's party, it was guys at different stations. There were a few groups of guys in the penalty box in the concourse for pictures, some were taking pictures with a photographer that prints them right there with a logo or something on them, guys playing games (ping-pong, air hockey, cornhole) and some guys in an autograph area in the arena bowl. It also looks like they had a practice beforehand.

When I did go the coaches (and broadcast crews) just walked around and if you wanted to stop and talk with any of them they would talk with you for as long as you wanted. I don't know if they still do that or if the new coaches will do that.

This is a link to the Preds FB photo page of last year's MTTP so you can see the format.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151915984282558.1073741837.6245252557&type=3

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I realize that it means squat, especially from the source, but ESPN has the Preds up at #14 in their preseason rankings. I was ready to see them close to the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino