General Preds Talk Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
this team is wonky to me. we're trying to be a team we just don't have the personnel to. maybe lavy works magic but relying on aging vets and un-proven youngsters to produce leave a lot of room to be underwhelmed. hoping im wrong or pekka regains all world form.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
by game ten things should be much clearer. by then i hope to have a clearer picture of expectations on neal-riberio, on forsberg-wilson-jankrok, on the new system, on the pp-pk, on rinne.

whatever, i'm excited to see it start, drop the frigging puck already.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
this team is wonky to me. we're trying to be a team we just don't have the personnel to. maybe lavy works magic but relying on aging vets and un-proven youngsters to produce leave a lot of room to be underwhelmed. hoping im wrong or pekka regains all world form.
You could be right but I don't know who we have that doesn't fit the system he's trying to run.

And don't most teams rely on a mix of aging vets and youngsters?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

I understand where your coming from. The most critical thing will be the Veterans. If Riberio, Roy, Jokinen do not have solid season the wheels will come off. The young guys will do what young guys do. Its is imperative that the veterans perform. If not it really makes little difference whos behind the bench.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
You could be right but I don't know who we have that doesn't fit the system he's trying to run.

And don't most teams rely on a mix of aging vets and youngsters?

I'm referring specifically to the forwards. the high end skill guys aren't there. wilson looks to be out of place. we're relying on Roy, ribiero and jokinen in top 6 roles where they weren't great last year. forsberg.. we have no idea what we're getting. same with jarnkrok. I'm excited to see smith forsberg and jarnkrok this season though for sure

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I think we have more high end skill now than we have had in since the Kariya days.

I do see your point though. I'm hoping the last year was a flash in the pan for Ribeiro and he regains his form. Roy I don't know about but Lavi does have a history of helping players like him rediscover their game.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

that was my worry, that we had pluggers and grinders trying to play an uptempo system, but replacing Horns and Spaling with Neal and (presumably) Forsberg addressed that at two of the wing spots.

guess we will see shortly....

I agree with Steve, drop the puck already

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I'm referring specifically to the forwards. the high end skill guys aren't there. wilson looks to be out of place. we're relying on Roy, ribiero and jokinen in top 6 roles where they weren't great last year. forsberg.. we have no idea what we're getting. same with jarnkrok. I'm excited to see smith forsberg and jarnkrok this season though for sure

Ribs, Roy and OJ were all in the 2nd 30 Center scoring last year, along with Fish - so while scoring isn't the only criteria for a solid C, they all definitely were solid #2 or elite #3 Cs. Neal is a legit top 3, Smith should have removed anyone's doubts that he's a legit top 6. We got the 4 Cs when Fish is back. We got FF with all the potential in the world; if Hook's 12 games last year were legit he's a top 6, too.

While that's more "gushy" about our potential than I really feel, I think we have plenty of skill to do whatever Lavi wants, up to putting the puck in the net. One of those 4 Cs or 2 kids is gonna' need to put up much better goal numbers than last year, or every one of them is gonna' at least have to have a repeat. If Wilson or Stalberg can find their game before Fish is back, or Bourque can contribute some mucking-it-up for Ribs and Neal, we should have a top 9 that looks better than anything since PK was here.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
A bit behind here, but Cullen is injured? Any time table? Very disappointed, I was really hoping to see him in Lavy's system from day one.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
am i reading this right that all road games are televised this year and all but 5 home games? (nov 11-EDM, nov 22-FLA, jan 13-VAN, feb 10-TB, feb 12-WPG) are the 5 i see not on tv somewhere.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
am i reading this right that all road games are televised this year and all but 5 home games? (nov 11-EDM, nov 22-FLA, jan 13-VAN, feb 10-TB, feb 12-WPG) are the 5 i see not on tv somewhere.

There's actually 6 home games. The 3rd game of the season against Calgary is also not included. The only tv broadcast there is for these games is the away team's coverage. You have to have Center Ice or Game Center Live to get that. Or you can go to the game in question.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Ribs, Roy and OJ were all in the 2nd 30 Center scoring last year, along with Fish - so while scoring isn't the only criteria for a solid C, they all definitely were solid #2 or elite #3 Cs. Neal is a legit top 3, Smith should have removed anyone's doubts that he's a legit top 6. We got the 4 Cs when Fish is back. We got FF with all the potential in the world; if Hook's 12 games last year were legit he's a top 6, too.

While that's more "gushy" about our potential than I really feel, I think we have plenty of skill to do whatever Lavi wants, up to putting the puck in the net. One of those 4 Cs or 2 kids is gonna' need to put up much better goal numbers than last year, or every one of them is gonna' at least have to have a repeat. If Wilson or Stalberg can find their game before Fish is back, or Bourque can contribute some mucking-it-up for Ribs and Neal, we should have a top 9 that looks better than anything since PK was here.
Yeah. Some of it may be over the hill, or a bit young, but there is certainly more talent on the roster than in most seasons we've seen. Definitely more talent, on paper, than 11-12 IMO.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
There's actually 6 home games. The 3rd game of the season against Calgary is also not included. The only tv broadcast there is for these games is the away team's coverage. You have to have Center Ice or Game Center Live to get that. Or you can go to the game in question.

You do realize that you made a real elementary reply post to probably the most knowledgeable Predator fan there is right??????

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
and most likely the only one of us that has ever owned their own suite.

Which worked out well for me and my family a number of times.

Yeah and we knew him when he was just slumin with us before graduating to Suite level.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Anyone been to the Meet the Team event for Season Ticket Holders? I've got tickets tomorrow, but not sure if it's worth a 2 hour drive. Small talk & rubbing elbows with the players isn't really my thing. I'd be more interested in an X and Os session with the coaching staff.

it is worth it if you have a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille