General Preds Talk Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
hey trig, I have an extra ticket for the lexus lounge and lower bowl for the PIT game this month if you want it. if you haven't been down there its worth a look.

(and if he cann't use it would prefer to give it to someone on here that's a good hardcore fan)

Last edited:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Lucky you!

Tweet us the play by play of the lounge so we can live vicariously through you. :)
I got to go down there for a preseason game and it's wonderful! Lots of great free food (desserts are amazing), free house alcohol, some wine and beer. I'm guessing it's not the same food for every game, but they had this pineapple salad that was incredible!!

Really the highlight of the lounge is watching the players go out to the ice. It was awesome (I got 2 James Neal high 5's -wooo!)! If you have kids, they would definitely love going to see the players as they go onto the ice, seeing just how big they are and get a glove tap would be so cool to them (and really to all hockey fans)! If anyone is going down there for opening night, I'm assuming we're having player intros, so they would be lined up there waiting to go out and you could get some great pictures and high5s! As soon as they walk out and are on the ice, if you run to the glass you can stand there and watch the game (that period, anyway) right there. If you are short and aren't in the front row or two, you can't really see anything though.

Tons of tv's. Super friendly staff.

Go back down there after the game and watch some of the players walk by as they're leaving the arena all cleaned up. :naughty: ;)

I really can't believe they built that in the arena. Just shows how much empty space is still under there! If you get the chance to go, do it!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I got to go down there for a preseason game and it's wonderful! Lots of great free food (desserts are amazing), free house alcohol, some wine and beer. I'm guessing it's not the same food for every game, but they had this pineapple salad that was incredible!!

Go back down there after the game and watch some of the players walk by as they're leaving the arena all cleaned up. :naughty: ;)

Sounds like the same fare as the All Inclusive Zone, which is excellent.

Back before Kariya they used to have a section downstairs where the players would come out and sign autographs. Yes, they do clean up good. I'm no gold digger but there's something about a man in a $4000 suit that is somewhat...attracting. I remember Karlis Skrastins would come out in a tweed jacket with suede elbow patches and glasses--he looked for the world like a professor.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I have extra tickets for quite a few games down there, i'll try to get on here and give you guys when they come up

I'd love to get on that request list. I'm sure my daughter would enjoy it. This is her last season to get in free. (It's still 2 and under, right?)

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i have to say, the food there is much better with wider selection than the 'all inclusive zone'. plus the free mixed drinks and beer are nice adds.

one thing that you have access to there is the player 'warm-up' area.. a goal area where players loosen up.. they have 'said' fans there would get the chance to take a few shots if you want, but they haven't allowed that yet.

and the wives generally meet up with the players there after the game and have a few drinks and eats, so you generally have close access with many of the players after the game. and of course management and such is there pre and post game. stood and had a good talk with stu grimson last game

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I am just hoping to get back and see a live game this year, which I havent been able to do since before the lockout...

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
i have to say, the food there is much better with wider selection than the 'all inclusive zone'. plus the free mixed drinks and beer are nice adds.

one thing that you have access to there is the player 'warm-up' area.. a goal area where players loosen up.. they have 'said' fans there would get the chance to take a few shots if you want, but they haven't allowed that yet.

and the wives generally meet up with the players there after the game and have a few drinks and eats, so you generally have close access with many of the players after the game. and of course management and such is there pre and post game. stood and had a good talk with stu grimson last game

I did one game last season with the wife up in the suite with the black seats, and the all you can eat or drink with bartenders and everything. I can't remember what it was called, but it was awesome.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I am just hoping to get back and see a live game this year, which I haven't been able to do since before the lockout...

Hope to see you there! I understand, though--it's just gotten to the point where I feel comfortable bringing Bella and she's 6! She was such an escape artist I didn't want to assume that much responsibility til I could trust her. We brought her to a pre-season game and it went well, but we did have to leave early since it was a school night.

Wow, P303--that's really great to hear. The stuff in the AIZ was pretty s****y--one time they had a standing rib roast, though it was mid day for that one. They'd have beer and some alcohol gratis, but not a huge selection.

EDIT: Wait. S W A N K Y is prohibited? Why?

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Hope to see you there! I understand, though--it's just gotten to the point where I feel comfortable bringing Bella and she's 6! She was such an escape artist I didn't want to assume that much responsibility til I could trust her. We brought her to a pre-season game and it went well, but we did have to leave early since it was a school night.

Wow, P303--that's really great to hear. The stuff in the AIZ was pretty s****y--one time they had a standing rib roast, though it was mid day for that one. They'd have beer and some alcohol gratis, but not a huge selection.

EDIT: Wait. S W A N K Y is prohibited? Why?

It's the letters between the S and Y..

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I gotta tell you, I don't disagree with mr. over reactor… just not as violently.

That cheering vid was hella bad. I just don't think the cheer fits into the new song except for the you suck part.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
So I think the Preds hired a sarcastic twitter guy:

I gotta tell you, I don't disagree with mr. over reactor… just not as violently.

That cheering vid was hella bad. I just don't think the cheer fits into the new song except for the you suck part.

If th song really is that bad I would hope numerous preds fans express their displeasure via social media. Its so much easier to give the org feedback than in the old days...

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
the song isn't bad at all.....

It is the forced enthusiasm that is the problem. Couple that with the 303 leading it, I thin many fans are turned off by it.

Forcing it down our throats won't work. Just let the song play/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad