General Preds Talk Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Just a friendly reminder...if you are going to wear a shirt calling someone a "D*****", you should make sure you yourself are not one.

A guy behind me at the 1st Saturday game was wearing that shirt. It was a boston shirt calling a prominent nhl player a d*****. He and his wife were cheering for the Preds though. His voice was like, if you take a balloon and hold the end and let the air squeak out. And I think she really thought she was a coach. They were not originally from here and enjoyed telling everyone where they have lived and watched hockey, loudly.

Sampling of the things I heard:
crowd: Thanks Paul!
someone with them: What are they saying
GUY: When he says 1 minute left they say "THAT'S ALL".

During the shootout Derek Roy is announced as a shooter, correctly as "Roy", not "Wah".
Guy: They can't even pronounce their own players name right!!

Guy: "See that Bourque? That's Ray's son. And Forsberg is Peter's son. I don't know how they keep getting these guys here." And he was serious, too.

He also said something about how Tennesseans talk and got that wrong, too.

Wife: Why didn't he pass it, he just turned it over! (The player's stick broke, he couldn't play the puck with a broken stick)

CoachWife: Skate!!!! Pass it to the wing! Back to the center!!! Get to the net!!! SKATE!!! Make a line change! Watch the backdoor! Rotate!! SKATE! Great self-sacrifice (when Bartley blocked a pass on a 2on1)!!! Work the cycle!!

I think the wife is a Wings fan because at one point she started name dropping Red Wings players names.

:rolleyes: :shakehead

Wrong Box Legwand

Jul 29, 2013
Just a friendly reminder...if you are going to wear a shirt calling someone a "D*****", you should make sure you yourself are not one.

A guy behind me at the 1st Saturday game was wearing that shirt. It was a boston shirt calling a prominent nhl player a d*****. He and his wife were cheering for the Preds though. His voice was like, if you take a balloon and hold the end and let the air squeak out. And I think she really thought she was a coach. They were not originally from here and enjoyed telling everyone where they have lived and watched hockey, loudly.

Sampling of the things I heard:
crowd: Thanks Paul!
someone with them: What are they saying
GUY: When he says 1 minute left they say "THAT'S ALL".

During the shootout Derek Roy is announced as a shooter, correctly as "Roy", not "Wah".
Guy: They can't even pronounce their own players name right!!

Guy: "See that Bourque? That's Ray's son. And Forsberg is Peter's son. I don't know how they keep getting these guys here." And he was serious, too.

He also said something about how Tennesseans talk and got that wrong, too.

Wife: Why didn't he pass it, he just turned it over! (The player's stick broke, he couldn't play the puck with a broken stick)

CoachWife: Skate!!!! Pass it to the wing! Back to the center!!! Get to the net!!! SKATE!!! Make a line change! Watch the backdoor! Rotate!! SKATE! Great self-sacrifice (when Bartley blocked a pass on a 2on1)!!! Work the cycle!!

I think the wife is a Wings fan because at one point she started name dropping Red Wings players names.

:rolleyes: :shakehead

But people in the South don't know anything about hockey... Just people who "deserve" teams, right?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/PredsTV/status/516984267839393792

If you look at the jerseys it looks like Josi and Neal are alternates

In the game on Monday, Neal, Josi and Smith all wore the A, so they could just be leftovers from that. I remember all the player intro videos from last season during the season, Klein and Hendricks had A's on their jerseys.

However, based on who was picked in training camp I do feel that either Neal or Josi gets the permanent A and the other gets the temporary A while Fisher is out.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
the whole "A" thing in the pre-season is based on who is playing. Fisher will most definitely have an A when he returns. Lavy is merely spreading the leadership around the room to see where it lies. In the rookie games, Sissons wore the "C"... no one was thinking he'd taken it away from Weber... (grin)... well, maybe a couple, but no one who "gets it."

Cullen is a bit of a wildcard, based on his previous experience with the coach, and their Cup and all... he could get an A...

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
hello to any old friends that still are regulars here, been a long time. looking forward to a new direction, new faces, new concepts. will try to post a little this year.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
heya trig, good to see you again.

watching these first few home games, i've been trying to identify specific changes to our 'system' under lavy. have noticed a few things we are doing differently.
1)our third man 'high' on defense is positioned about one or two strides higher in the slot than before.
2)obviously dmen are being encouraged to carry the puck in more instead of dumping when our forwards change.
3)weak side dmen are moving lower by design a couple strides inside the blueline.
4)forecheck being encouraged to be far more aggressive.
5)breakouts schemes have been added
6)forwards are positioned higher along halfboards on defense.
7)forwards are releasing off halfboards toward redline much quicker, looking for longer breakout passes.

the typical things one sees from a more offensive oriented system, just some of the things i've noted.

if nothing else, it should be more exciting.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

watching these first few home games, i've been trying to identify specific changes to our 'system' under lavy. have noticed a few things we are doing differently.
1)our third man 'high' on defense is positioned about one or two strides higher in the slot than before.
2)obviously dmen are being encouraged to carry the puck in more instead of dumping when our forwards change.
3)weak side dmen are moving lower by design a couple strides inside the blueline.
7)forwards are releasing off halfboards toward redline much quicker, looking for longer breakout passes.

the typical things one sees from a more offensive oriented system, just some of the things i've noted.

These are the things we should do best with our current group.

JR303

Feb 28, 2008
hello to any old friends that still are regulars here, been a long time. looking forward to a new direction, new faces, new concepts. will try to post a little this year.

Good to see you around, Steve. I post even less here than I did at NP, but I look forward to reading your analysis.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

Glad to see you back. The team has a new look and I'd be interested to hear your analysis.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

looking forward to your insights bud!

drag handtricks butt back here if you get a chance...

SauceCheese91

Sep 14, 2011
I like the signing of Ribeiro and his play making ability to play with Neal, I don't know if that was the plan all along or it has just worked out that way. Do you guys see them sticking together throughout the year?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Im guessing that Washington is kind of like we are... theyve been doing the same thing for years and it isnt working so they brought in a coach with a polar opposite system to what they have been doing.

How well they(and we) do given the actual makeup of the teams is yet to be determined)

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
He may be the best PP forward out there, but he's also one of the worst at even strength. I think this is being done in an effort to improve his 5v5 play

This is nonsensical.

Best PP scorer in the league.

Bench him on the PP.

Reason:

Improve his non-PP style of play.

I get the punitive nature of the decision, but IMO, this is non-sensical.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Welcome to the world of Barry Trotz, only he could try and make sense out of sitting one of the best scorers in the league during your best chance to score goals.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Hey, how many more days until the Preds regular season starts?
nhl_u_weber_gb1_576.jpg

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn

So glad to see you back. I'm never around really so it's good to catch this post.

Something else I noticed on Saturday when we played with a lead, we sort of played a 1-3-1 forecheck. Not quite as passive as the Tampa one, but one more aggressive. I'm not sure we are going to stick with it or just toying with it, but regardless it seemed strange to have 3 guys clogging up the neutral zone with only 1 guy forechecking hard.

This is nonsensical.

Best PP scorer in the league.

Bench him on the PP.

Reason:

Improve his non-PP style of play.

I get the punitive nature of the decision, but IMO, this is non-sensical.
fully agreed... I don't get it either. At all. That's like putting Smithson on the PP to try and get him to be more aware offensively. Um... ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad