OT: General OT Stuff (Infinity+3)(No Politics/Spoilers, see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Latest wx runs are even more supportive of a proper clobbering of the entire area. H E double hockey sticks, the entire NE. This is weather pron territory.

gfs_asnow_neus_25.png

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am thinking Feb 1979. Latest run shows VA / WV getting the brunt.

From my fav message board, the latest mets / wannabe quotes after the last model run a few minutes ago

An absolute destroyer.

You are not gonna get a better 500 pass for NOVA and DC then this run. Destruction.

Man that low just stalls after the capture and nukes western MD/eastern WV. Insane.

It is an absolute crushing.

Almost time to get serious. Gusts to 75knots for the mouth of the Chessy, 55-60 knots near the metro's. That is just a massacre cement dumping.

Complete blizzard for the cities I will say that, gusts to 60 and even possibly 70mph.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I am thinking Feb 1979. Latest run shows VA / WV getting the brunt.

From my fav message board, the latest mets / wannabe quotes after the last model run a few minutes ago

those gusts and 30 inches could shut down the cities for easily a week

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I remember last year NY was forecast to get 36" and they shut down the city, and only got 6". The models do their best to predict, but you can't put this stuff in the bank this far off.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
My NFL picks for Championship Weekend:

1. Arizona @ Carolina: Carolina. Carson Palmer really looked bad against the Packers this past weekend.

2. Denver @ New England: Patriots. Bet against Brady and the Hoodie? No way.

I never thought I'd live to see the day where New England is the "Evil Empire", the most hated team in the NFL. In my day New England was a joke, and the ruling teams where the 49ers and Cowboys. Strange Days.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Deathproof is my favorite Tarantino movie. Tarantino's work always has a sense of self-awareness that borders on irony, but Deathproof takes that to the next level. The rest of his movies, as outrageous as they are, stay somewhat "grounded" and attempt to take themselves seriously. Deathproof does away with that, and fully indulges in its campy aesthetic.

As for Hateful 8. The first half was great, the second half was terrible.

I'll also admit I'm not the biggest Tarantino fan.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
6ibfBdg.gif

not really much longer until its gonna become locked in stone

anywhere from 24-29 inches in nva

and maryland, well heres 3 feet plus

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I don't think you can say anything is set in stone. Our weather guys in the Harrisburg area haven't said anything close to those numbers

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I don't think you can say anything is set in stone. Our weather guys in the Harrisburg area haven't said anything close to those numbers

yea but according to the weather boards (i know nothing about weather) they say once they get to the 72 hours mark its pretty much set

72 hours is tomorrow at noon

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Weather is never "set" here.

So true. I remember once in high school we were supposed to get creamed -- 100% chance of at least 8 inches over night -- and we woke up to nothing. The weatherman laughed in the morning as the radar made it look like the storm dumped on VA, took a nap over MD, and then started dumping on PA after it moved through the area. I was pretty pissed that I had to go to school and I've never trusted any weather report as a "lock" since then.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
this year is an el nino which means extremes.

Its only a matter of time before the Mets will be forced to admit they are seeing potential for 3+ feet for those in the death band. It is considered irresponsible for them to tell you what they are seeing as we all know weather is subject to change. They don't want to risk their rep/career on a bust.

Why not just say this is what the model shows, today, and they are in consensus, and add a disclaimer. I guess they want to avoid panic.

I have no problem saying all need to expect 2+ feet. The current sweet spot is northern central MD. Expect it to be windy. Stolen quote - expect a snow globe. In a blender.

Chuck Bell NBC just dared throw out 6-12+" possible. They keep talking up the rain snow line that no model seems concerned with thus far.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
this year is an el nino which means extremes.

Its only a matter of time before the Mets will be forced to admit they are seeing potential for 3+ feet for those in the death band. It is considered irresponsible for them to tell you what they are seeing as we all know weather is subject to change. They don't want to risk their rep/career on a bust.

Why not just say this is what the model shows, today, and they are in consensus, and add a disclaimer. I guess they want to avoid panic.

I have no problem saying all need to expect 2+ feet. The current sweet spot is northern central MD. Expect it to be windy. Stolen quote - expect a snow globe. In a blender.

Chuck Bell NBC just dared throw out 6-12+" possible. They keep talking up the rain snow line that no model seems concerned with thus far.

3 scenarios that show this line is significant...

http://www.footsforecast.org/2016/01/you-knew-this-day-would-come-again.html

Storm%2BScenarios%2B%2523%2B1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: