OT: General OT Stuff (Infinity+3)(No Politics/Spoilers, see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Saw the promo, but haven't watched Shannara yet. Definitely interested, tho not a huge fan of the horror flavor.

Its pretty straight up young adult fantasy even though when those books were out that was pretty much before that 'young adult' prefix was being used. I do appreciate, for those that don't know and this isn't giving away anything in the show or books, how it is a fantasy world arisen from the ashes of a modern one and that basically nuclear war and radiation gave rise to mutations into elves, dwarves, gnomes, trolls, etc..

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Its pretty straight up young adult fantasy even though when those books were out that was pretty much before that 'young adult' prefix was being used. I do appreciate, for those that don't know and this isn't giving away anything in the show or books, how it is a fantasy world arisen from the ashes of a modern one and that basically nuclear war and radiation gave rise to mutations into elves, dwarves, gnomes, trolls, etc..

Well that's cool.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The Revenant was very good. Best bear attack scene in a movie ever. One of the better Indian attack scenes ever. Absurdly good cinematography and Directing. I smell some Oscar nominations.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Public service message for anyone planning on buying lottery tickets for tonight's drawing: virginia requires winners to reveal their identities and hold a press conference. Maryland allows complete anonymity.

So buy your tickets in MD if it's an option.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Public service message for anyone planning on buying lottery tickets for tonight's drawing: virginia requires winners to reveal their identities and hold a press conference. Maryland allows complete anonymity.

Pretty low on my "problems" list when I win!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Haha was thinking the same thing. I'll do a press conference and then my family and I will be ghost face from Virginia.

If someone wants to bother me, come find me in my palacial Maui estate. I'll have a house in VA for Caps games attendance in my luxury box. So fun to dream.....

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
The Revenant was very good. Best bear attack scene in a movie ever. One of the better Indian attack scenes ever. Absurdly good cinematography and Directing. I smell some Oscar nominations.

For no reason whatsoever, I rewatched the Michael Mann Mohicans on NYE. Excited to see The Revenant and compare it to the gold standard of Native American movies.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC

What is the possible reason behind forcing someone to accept the money publicly?

Sep 19, 2008
CYUv_AWUEAID1-1.jpg

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
What is the possible reason behind forcing someone to accept the money publicly?

Publicity for the lottery. Someone wins it anonymously, the story ends there. If they can trot the winner out for the press, there's... well... press.

Virginia is a state that allows Six Flags to dictate when summer vacation starts and ends. I'm not surprised they'd have a law like this.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Virginia doesn't have a Six Flags.

Sorry, meant Kings Dominion. I get the amusement parks mixed up.

In high school, we always had to rush a little bit in our AP classes, because the AP tests are during a set week each year regardless of when a state starts classes. Forcing us to start later than other states put us at a disadvantage and meant wasted time at the end of the year, but hey, those amusement parks get a little more revenue.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Press made a lot of fuss about David Bowie's death, but here's one that really hits home -- probably my favorite actor of all time:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/harry-potter-star-alan-rickman-dies-at-69-132152609.html

Go see Kevin Costner's "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves". Not a great movie, but Rickman play the Sheriff of Nottingham, and literally steals the entire film. Plays the villain with his trademark brillant humor, you have to see it if you haven't already.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Press made a lot of fuss about David Bowie's death, but here's one that really hits home -- probably my favorite actor of all time:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/harry-potter-star-alan-rickman-dies-at-69-132152609.html

Go see Kevin Costner's "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves". Not a great movie, but Rickman play the Sheriff of Nottingham, and literally steals the entire film. Plays the villain with his trademark brillant humor, you have to see it if you haven't already.

I'm sorry but you're just wrong. Prince of Thieves is a great movie. And Rickman was such a ****** in it.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It was not Christmas until you saw Hans plummet to his demise

Early model runs are showing 2 days of snow starting Friday... a monster of a storm up and down 95. All the models are in rare consensus today.... showing everyone getting slammed. Definite potential for a historic blizzard. All subject to change, of course.

USA_ASNOWIPER_sfc_384.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad