OT: General OT Stuff (Infinity+3)(No Politics/Spoilers, see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
My latest favorite quote.... Going to be mass destruction. The whole storm is snow. I might faint.

They "know" this time as models are in consensus, but as usual, aren't allowed to tell you yet. I am convinced a priority to the MSM is to not cause public panic.

I wonder why none of the 5 or 6 widely accepted models do not show the R/S line as a factor. No one has even discussed it at all here, even though amateur hour mets know I-95 is traditionally a RS line for pretty much every snow storm here.

Hot off the press - moving the max area closer to DC

post-1746-0-23405000-1453219322.gif

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
A model run just showed a shift south, but the Mets say that the NE'sters tend to trend N and a southern shift is concerning, but not a disaster for their dream scenario of an Armageddon.

I am in panic mode, regardless.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Treated myself to a Craftsman 24" Dual Stage Snow Blower for Christmas. Looks like I might give it a workout.:snow:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Wishing you all the best with this storm.

My son and I were supposed to head down there tomorrow for him to interview at NIH on Friday.

NIH contacted us last night and said forget about it and reschedule for sometime in the next week or two.

Good luck!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The sweet spot has moved into MoCo on the latest run... and the rare blizzard watch has just been posted. 1st ever for DC.

my fav quotes of the day

slow moving destroyer of all things...

This is a life threatening storm if all pans out. Serious threats for all. Blizzard of course but full moon with bombing system into blocking high = strong threat for prolonged tidal flooding, beach erosion, damage etc from Delmarva to MA

Bored, check out this link. Hover your mouse over the F#'s to animate the NAM. F72 top right you can see it pivot on us or something. Heavy snows rates at this time I imagine.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/WRFEAST_12z/mm5loop.html

post-1933-0-04226500-1453301130.gif

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
So I moved at the beginning of December. Today I realized that we accidentally left something at the old house -- our snow shovel.

Ugh. It's gonna be a pain trying to find one.

Sep 19, 2008
Even though I could get the thing on eBay later, this damn storm will impede my driving up to Hershey Pennsylvania, two hours away, to get a minor league player bobblehead.

It better be clear sailing Sunday because I need that bobblehead. I don't care that it's a minor leaguer most people haven't heard of. That thing is ****ing sweet.

Biggest reason to detest winter.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Even though I could get the thing on eBay later, this damn storm will impede my driving up to Hershey Pennsylvania, two hours away, to get a minor league player bobblehead.

It better be clear sailing Sunday because I need that bobblehead. I don't care that it's a minor leaguer most people haven't heard of. That thing is ****ing sweet.

Alex Semin?

Sep 19, 2008
His name is Mike Moore and he's never been called up to the caps I don't think. Either way visiting the ahl affiliate is cool and I've never been

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Snow could fall until Sunday. Not looking good for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad