OT: General OT Stuff (Infinity+3)(No Politics/Spoilers, see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
No idea when I'm going to see it. Going to make an effort, but I can get claustrophobic in crowded rooms (anxiety disorder). I just might have to avoid a lot of places on the net (or in the internet in general) if I can't make it :laugh: Been successful so far in avoiding spoilers, but it will be a lot harder post release

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Im going tomorrow at 12:45pm...sold out VIP seating theater...but then likely again next week in the morning sometime (perhaps in IMAX 3D)

My wife doesn't dig 3D, makes her dizzy...but I've never seen a movie in 3D (did Star Tours at Disney...that's about all my experience with 3D)...but I might try it for this one.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Definitely want to see it but the GF has never seen a Star Wars movie before (I know she lives under a rock). She wants to binge watch the movies and go see it then so here's to a long holiday break

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I don't believe SW was filmed with the 3d cameras so this is a converted job. Personally I still despise 3D. Just looks like flat plains at varying depths which looks really fake.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don't believe SW was filmed with the 3d cameras so this is a converted job. Personally I still despise 3D. Just looks like flat plains at varying depths which looks really fake.

Was not shot in 3D. I just hate wearing lame glasses and the picture being less bright. New 3D tech is supposed to be better.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
"IMAX 3D" is not IMAX. Don't support LieMAX. See it in real IMAX. For you DMV folks, that means one of the two Air & Space Museums.

http://www.slashfilm.com/qa-imax-theatre-real-imax-liemax/

Absolutely nothing wrong with Liemax done right. bigger screen, better sound, better picture than your standard theater. Even 3D which I dislike is typically better than a standard theater for the screen size, sound and picture. What's not to like about better? My local Liemax is my favorite screen in this side of Tyson's. If I could get everything in Imax non-3D I'd be in heaven.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Do not post anything about the film here other than a generic thumbs up or down.

I would also advise staying away from the various entertainment threads/forums as some spoilers have been posted (and I think removed).

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
FYI, added to the OP per what should be common sense:

Do not post spoilers of any kind regarding recent TV shows or movies. That includes plot, twists, mood, references, alive/dead comments, or anything else that might offer clues regarding what to expect, excepting a personal thumbs up or down. If you want to post more information than that use white text or a spoiler tag. If you use white text remember your quoted text will show the spoiler. If you quote a spoiler, edit it out. Preview all posts first. If you really want to talk to someone about something in detail without extending these courtesies to the public then send them a private message.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I'm going to see tommorow at 12:20 PM, regular screen. I've seen the 2 teasers, the official trailer, and I know one unfortunate "semi-spoiler", but other than that, I'm clean.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Saw it.

Pretty great.

To the person who's GF hadn't seen any of them, I think they'll be ok. As long as they have an idea of who the main characters are they'll survive.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Here is the anti-spoiler warning from our big boss Fugu on the Entertainment forum:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1999031

in part:

Do NOT post them.

If you do, you will be removed from the Entertainment forum, and risk a 30-day ban from HFBoards for certain significant movies and popular series, like ones Lucas or HBO produces-- for example.

If you know how, and it fits the discussion, use collapse tags to enter information that would be considered a spoiler to some readers. Post a warning that the collapse contains a spoiler.

30 day bans for posts of "information that would be considered a spoiler to some readers", per the top brass. Use your head before posting and ask yourself if it could POSSIBLY fit this description or the one given in the OP here.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Anyone watch Into The Badlands? Looks pretty bad ass.

I have been. Takes a little bit to get the vibe of it. Some pretty amazing fight choreography. Very different from any other show AMC done so it definitely stands out and I appreciate a network not putting themselves into a box as far as what they bring to the screen.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Cool, thanks. Love me some fight choreography (Ip Man, anyone?).

On the Star Wars topic, I have to spend next week with my in-laws. Thinking about going through the whole series to make it tolerable. Any where to watch it online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->