TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Sean Schemmel always has and always will be the American rendition of Goku no doubt. Anybody excited over the new preview of Goku's new transformation?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Haven't really been watching a lot of anime lately except I did start over in Shippuuden since I never finished the show. Holy **** there are a lot of episodes, currently at the beginning of the fourth war.

Besides that, I did watch two Japanese drama shows; Mischievous Kiss and Good Morning Call. They're stupid, but fun overall shows. I like MK since it's more believable of a story-line in how they meet up compared to GMC, but GMC had decent elements of it's own and how they fell in love was more believable than in MK. It is what it is though. Found out that MK has a season 2 so I will probably give that a go while finishing Ship. That's been my summer thus far, so boring, except watching Trigun and watching Cowboy Bebop the Movie for the first time. Wow that movie was ridiculously good.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Haven't really been watching a lot of anime lately except I did start over in Shippuuden since I never finished the show. Holy **** there are a lot of episodes, currently at the beginning of the fourth war.

The episode count is a symptom of toei milking the show dry.

All the canon episodes once the show hits the five kage summit are filled with flashback filler. You can pretty much skip the first 10 minutes of every episode because it's all flashbacks.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
This came in a month early for me :).

D3gbmxN_d.jpg

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Slowly getting used to Super subbed. Won't have the same impact but I am going through the episodes quick now. Have had the animation quality talks before but those earlier episodes had some real iffy issues. Thought it got much better for a long stretch until they decided to re-do History of Trunks scenes instead of using original footage like they have done with other flashback scenes. Their new shorter version of Trunks going SSJ was not very good.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
There are only a few animes that I look forward to watching nowadays, in regards to the new releases. Aho Girl, Kyokai no Rinne, Fate, DB Super and Gambling Girl. Dropped Boruto, and will not likely get back to it

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Sean Schemmel always has and always will be the American rendition of Goku no doubt. Anybody excited over the new preview of Goku's new transformation?

I'm not sure if it's going to be a Super Saiyan form, might be something else entirely. Could be a new technique or something.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Nope. One Piece had an hour special instead. The first half was just flashbacks, but the second half was excellent.

Next week is a one hour Super special. Goku vs Jiren
Was there any Dragonball Easter eggs in one piece this week? I heard they may have done that. Nonetheless, I'm RIDICULOUSLY excited about Goku Vs. Jiren. It looks like one of the best fights in the anime ever.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Is it me or did we lose some posts in the transition?
We lost all the One Punch Season 2 posts, which sucks because it sounds like truly awful news. Not because it's going to be bad or anything, but because it won't nearly be as good as season 1. Season 1 had to be some of the best quality of anime I've seen in a very long time; it's up there with Your Lie In April for me.

Also for the people who didn't see it, Amazon is taking pre-orders for Gundam Wing Collectors Blu-Ray edition giving you multiple books, outlines, and discs for December. It started at around 250 bucks, but has dropped at least one hundred. Planning on buying it, but hoping it drops a little bit more.

I'm currently still doing my Shippuden thing as of today, on episode 300 and enjoying another 15 episodes or so of fillers coming in an episode or two. For the most part I am skipping a lot of them, but watching ones that I consider closer to canon (like the early Akatsuki episodes, Kakashi as an ANBU member, etc.) It truly is a pain in the ass, but also is semi-worth it since it brings good character depth.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Was there any Dragonball Easter eggs in one piece this week? I heard they may have done that. Nonetheless, I'm RIDICULOUSLY excited about Goku Vs. Jiren. It looks like one of the best fights in the anime ever.

I didn't notice any. The chapter they adapted this week was one of the bigger and more emotional fights, so I don't think they planned on any overt Easter eggs.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
We lost all the One Punch Season 2 posts, which sucks because it sounds like truly awful news. Not because it's going to be bad or anything, but because it won't nearly be as good as season 1. Season 1 had to be some of the best quality of anime I've seen in a very long time; it's up there with Your Lie In April for me.

While unfortunate it shouldn't be that bad, season 2 should have a less action and a more character development.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Black Clover was alright. Definitely inspired by Naruto and the other Shonen's before it. People are going to hate the main character in the first episode though. Hopefully gets dialed down a bit as it goes on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad