TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Dragon Ball tournaments will always be my favorite outside of DBZ deaths/transformation episodes.

tumblr_nx6skiCUgZ1u27sroo1_500.gif

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I re-watched and recently finished Trigun for the first time in about five to six years or so. Still til this day, my favourite anime series of all time.

My favourite bit of Dragonball Z had to be segments of highschool Gohan and how that leads into the Buu saga. So I do have a soft spot for that entire arc, but I'll also be honest, Akira Toriyama already ran out of ideas long before this. I can't really blame Buu for being so lackluster, but I do like how Hercules, a piece of trash fighter convinced one of the most powerful villains to turning good. I suggest that Cell is the best villain, I enjoyed the concept of him wanting to fight against the Earth's strongest instead of wiping out majority of the galaxy like we've seen in every Sci-Fi story. Not only that, but the Frieza saga and the amount fillers combined to be at least 10 episodes too long, which killed my overall joy for the arc. I liked the android saga as well, Android 18 is awesome and flows nicely into the cell saga.

I also disliked Toriyama and how he pretty much killed every major Dragonball character in "Z". I like the concept of Piccolo being the strongest of the non-main Dragonball characters and it's cool that someone like Yamcha retires once you face the insanely strong villains in "Z". BUT Tien, Krillin, Bulma, King Kai, Chaozu, Puar, Chi-Chi, Yajirobe, and Oolong are all major duds even if half of them are not even fighters. He could have done a better job implementing them into "Z" instead of having random filler appearances every twenty episodes or so.

That's not even the worst for me, I think the utilization of Pikkon was just awful. He was such an interesting character, who was quite strong, and could give Goku a run for his money. Well, he's in this one random arc about a tournament for dead people and he pretty much is forgotten after that. It would have been awesome if Supreme Kai brought him back to help save the universe against Kid/Super Buu, would have made it much more interesting. Maybe he did and I am an idiot for forgetting this, but it's been an extremely long time since I watched DBZ.

This is why DB Super is better than DBZ, IMO. These weaker characters all have a role now and can actually contribute, they're not just people that Goku must save.

I really liked the early DB story lines, where each punch and kick could make a difference in a fight, and it wasn't all about transformations and power levels.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
I bet they're going to resolve the tournament by having Zen-Oh spare all the universes because he was so entertained by the fights.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I bet they're going to resolve the tournament by having Zen-Oh spare all the universes because he was so entertained by the fights.

One of the two Zenos isn't legit. There seems to be a slight difference between the two, and I wouldn't be surprised if one was trying to overtake the other. There's something wrong with the Zenos and the Grand Priest.

I think Goku Black was a way better villain, he had the psychotic side.

Goku Black is an excellent villain not only because of his psychotic side, but because he sees Goku as a monster for being able to defeat a God in a fight.

What I like about Frieza is that he tortures and kill just for the hell of it. He also takes his sweet time unveiling his full power. He also preys on the weaker people like Krillin.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
One of the two Zenos isn't legit. There seems to be a slight difference between the two, and I wouldn't be surprised if one was trying to overtake the other. There's something wrong with the Zenos and the Grand Priest.

Goku Black is an excellent villain not only because of his psychotic side, but because he sees Goku as a monster for being able to defeat a God in a fight.

What I like about Frieza is that he tortures and kill just for the hell of it. He also takes his sweet time unveiling his full power. He also preys on the weaker people like Krillin.

Truthfully, I can see all the angels turning except for Whis, I believe that will happen in this arc and it will take us into a whole new arc. I also believe that Goku's new form will put him beyond Beerus and closer to Whis. Basically if Beerus is a 10, and Whis is a 15, I believe Goku will be at a 13.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Truthfully, I can see all the angels turning except for Whis, I believe that will happen in this arc and it will take us into a whole new arc. I also believe that Goku's new form will put him beyond Beerus and closer to Whis. Basically if Beerus is a 10, and Whis is a 15, I believe Goku will be at a 13.

Yeah, the tournament will lead us into a new arc for sure. There are indeed rumours about a new form for Goku, and it will surpass Beerus for sure. Whis already said that Goku at max power (SSB + Kaioken) was close to Beerus in terms of power.

If the angels are evil, then Goku needs enough power to put up a fight against them.
He was no match for Zamasu fused, he could only overpower them when fused in Vegeto blue.

I think Goku will reach his new form before the end of the tournament, probably fighting a guy like Jiren.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Yeah, the tournament will lead us into a new arc for sure. There are indeed rumours about a new form for Goku, and it will surpass Beerus for sure. Whis already said that Goku at max power (SSB + Kaioken) was close to Beerus in terms of power.

If the angels are evil, then Goku needs enough power to put up a fight against them.
He was no match for Zamasu fused, he could only overpower them when fused in Vegeto blue.

I think Goku will reach his new form before the end of the tournament, probably fighting a guy like Jiren.
Goku absolutely overpowered merged Zamasu when he went SSB+Kaioken. Funny, in the manga Goku ends using the Hakai technique, so technically that's proof that the Hakai technique isn't exclusive to Hakaishin.

I feel as though Jiren might try to take it out hit in one punch, shock everyone, if he kills Hit, that may trigger the grand priest into revealing their true intention.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Netflix doing a saint seiya series with CGI, I heard Voltron was pretty good cgi so looking forward to this

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Goku absolutely overpowered merged Zamasu when he went SSB+Kaioken. Funny, in the manga Goku ends using the Hakai technique, so technically that's proof that the Hakai technique isn't exclusive to Hakaishin.

I feel as though Jiren might try to take it out hit in one punch, shock everyone, if he kills Hit, that may trigger the grand priest into revealing their true intention.

He did overpower him but it was like 30 seconds. I didn't know Goku used the Hakai technique. DB Wikia says it was an imitation of the Hakai, not the actual one. Sort of like Buu imitating Goku's instant transmission to follow him to Kaioshin's planet after destroying Earth.

Jiren already shocked everyone by owning Kale with one ki blast in her LSSJ form.

I think the grand priest will reveal his intentions at the end of the tournament. In any case, we're due for a plot twist soon.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

When someone asks why they keep making Dragon Ball...

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yeah That makes absolutely no sense... then I see it's in Yen so okay that explains it. Clicking on the twitter feed not sure why they used this number but 61B Yen converts to 554M $. So that puts it inline with a top box office movie.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Android 17 looked badass.

If he started to train with Whis imagine the heights he could hit.

I'm glad they decided the bring him back.
17&18 gives no ***** so far in this tourney.

I'm not loving this battle royale format though. I always thought Dragonball works best using the one vs one tournaments.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00