TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
[spoil]Wishing the jewel out of existence thrusts Kagome back into her own time for three years until she is finally able to re-open the gateway after she graduates school. She returns to the feudal era and becomes Inuyasha's wife. I assume she can travel back and forth between the times still because the well serves as a gateway, but the implication story wise is the feudal era becomes her new home with Inuyasha.

Neither the manga nor the anime give any real clues about what happens to demons that makes them essentially non-existent in the modern era, but I attribute that to general story themes like in LotR where the age of magic is coming to an end and the story takes place in the twilight years of more fantastical ages. I imagine it's the same in Inuyasha. Eventually the demons, for whatever reason, move away from the material realm. You could say that Nuraku actually destroyed a great number of demons in his attempt to become immortal and without the jewel, maybe demons actually begin to lose their hold on the material realm.

Just speculating obviously. I imagine though Inuyasha stays with Kagome until she dies of natural causes and either finds love later or never loves again. Depends on how feelsy you wanna be. I imagine they'll have children though.[/spoil]

[spoil]
So I did more research since your post, and here is what I figured out...

1. Partially agreed, I would like to add in my own speculation is that because she guessed correctly for the Shikon jewel to disappear. The jewel granted her a real wish, but I also got the sense that the jewel wanted to survive as much as possible demeaning my hypothesis incorrect.

The part I do disagree is that the well is open, I think the bone-eater's well is only open as a predestination event to send Kagome back into the past with the jewel. Remember that when Kikyo died, she asked for the jewel to be burnt so she could take it to the underworld. Problem though is that Kagome is a reincarnation of Kikyo, who was born with the jewel in her body from what transpired in Kikyo's cremation. The jewel knew what was going to happen and summoned her into the past to wish upon it at the ending of the show.

There was actually a later chapter made by Takahashi, which takes place 6 months later. She made it with other manga artists to raise money for the tsunami and earthquake victims. It is entitled, "Since Then" and Kagome says via English translation this quote; "I decided to live with Inuyasha..and come to this world". The chapter also has a synopsis from Takahaski which says, "The girl who became an inhabitant of the Feudal World: Kagome!". It doesn't quite confirm that the well is shut or not, but based on how they're worded, I guarantee that it is. That is not to say that Kagome is permanently stuck; in Inuyasha's time, especially with demons existing, there probably is some type of time travel type of magic, even if it is meant to go back to the Netherworlds to attain it.

2. Great points, absolutely can see that happening. Not trying to over complicate the situation since I don't think Takahashi did enough thinking to overcome this problem. Just that, logically and mathematically speaking, someone like Sesshomaru should technically still be alive. Especially if you consider Seshomaru's pure blood genes and his power, IMO he's easily more powerful than Inuyasha.

3. As I said in my calculations, the absolute worst case and minimum life expectancy for Inuyasha is between 800 to 1200. 800 years old puts him at the equivalent human age of early 60s. If he lives close to 1000, which is entirely possible, he would probably be in the early-late to middle 70s. There is even a chance he might outlive some of his children as well. Since he's 50% demon and Kagome is 100% human, their offspring would then be 25% demon blood. They definitely wouldn't be making the age of 800 or 900, but perhaps middle range of 200 years old isn't out of the question.

Now in terms of Kikyo or Kagome, I thought the anime conducted the scenes as a solid conclusion at the time, but with some time to think, I believe it's lacking overall. Or maybe it's just my personality, because for me, if I loved someone as much as I did Kikyo, I don't think I could remarry. Not only that, but love someone as much as Kikyo AND Kagome, while both die when I'm still at a fairly young age. I just can't think of remarriage, that's why I always thought the relationship would be weird. Except if Inuyasha decided to use the Shikon jewel to turn human (as he planned with Kikyo).

Not only that, but losing someone extremely important as Kikyo and then a week later, almost kiss Kagome in her room. It actually tells me that he didn't have as deep of feelings for her as we all thought he did. Furthermore, it's not like Kikyo soured the relationship as she did when she came back from the dead earlier on. She realized that Nuraku was the one behind it, she actually turned more jealous over Kagome as the series went along IMO.

Sorry I tend to ramble on a bit too much on situations like this.
[/spoil]

Last edited:

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Just finished watching the latest Digimon Tri, it is finally good to see the return to the digital world. Though there was something that was bothering me from the first two that the left as a cliffhanger/twist at the end of this one.

[spoil]Where was Genni in the first couple movies and now that he (or one of him) has revealed himself as the Digimon Emperor what happened to him? Why is he in "dark apparel" and why is he working with Himekawa?[/spoil]

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
La-cuarta-OVA-de-Digimon-Adventure-tri.-se-estrenara%CC%81-el-25-de-febrero-682x1000.jpg

February 25, 2017

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Nice Hououmon/Phoenixmon and Machindramon.

I am glad that Confession is a simultaneous release but Crunchyroll didn't have to announce it at the last minute. :rant:

I won't find it hard to believe if the 5th film were to feature Hikari, with Koushiro and Mimi, being her two closest allies not named Takeru or Taichi.

I'm calling it right now how the 5th film antagonist would be Chimairamon. The fact Agumon and Gabumon are no-shows in the poster makes me shudder.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Finished Mayoiga.

This was like watching a show in which the entire production staff were trying to make an anime that the future instructors of directors, cinematographers and screenwriters will show their pupils, concomitant with the message "Don't do this!". Like, every single decision that the producers and screenwriters made was wrong.

I read an article that this is the "joke", that it's all a parody of B movies. This left me with two responses:
--That, if true, this is a giant middle finger to the audience;
--Whether or not it's true or false, this being true is the only way to not conclude that this is not a terrible show- in other words, it's an argument from necessity.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So what is everyone looking forward to for the Fall season? Anything stick out for any of you?

ALL OUT!! (Rugby) might be decent.
ClassicaLoid sounds interesting :laugh:
Nanbaka

Also, there is a 5th season of Natsume Yuujinchou ?!
Holy balls.
I didn't know it was actually that far ahead into it.
I remember getting up to the 2nd season and then stopping. It was pretty solid, I might have to pick it back up again.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
3-gatsu no Lion, Flip Flappers, and Eupho for Fall. I'll check out Touken Ranbu because Dogakobo has been on a bit of a roll.

Otherwise backlog.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Bungou Stray Dogs Season 2 for me and Shuumatsu no Izetta.

Shuumatsu no Izetta interests me because it's loosely based off of WW2 Europe.

Keijo!!!!!!!! Though. Lmao.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Anyone planing in watching Occultic;Nine

Bungou Stray Dogs Season 2 for me and Shuumatsu no Izetta.

Shuumatsu no Izetta interests me because it's loosely based off of WW2 Europe.

Keijo!!!!!!!! Though. Lmao.

My friend is making me watch it lolol.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Izetta: The Last Witch (Shuumatsu no Izetta) first episode came out today. I enjoyed the episode. I'm a history nut, so the alternate reality of WW2 Europe was interesting. I liked that they added a fantasy feel to it as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad