TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Naruto is great. And I never thought I would like it. But you can't watch any filler although a few very small parts of filler in Naruto are actually interesting but unneeded. Same with bleach. The filler is just atrocious. Around 200 of those 500 episodes of Naruto are filler and can be skipped. Making it more reasonable length wise. While still a lot it's no where close to One Piece length

It's a lot better than a lot of shows that it gets ranked below. I wish there was more adventure into the worldbuilding aspect like OP, but Naruto has some of the best character designs in anime and some of the best fights and arcs that I've seen.

I tapped out at the Ninja War so I missed out on a lot of the moments that people consider peak, but even then Chunin Exams, Akatsuki and then the Pain Invasion Arc are some of the best and most memorable anime moments I've experienced.

It's not on the level of One Piece or HXH, but Naruto is a must watch imo.

Reactions: PALE PWNR

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Hell, I got to 290 in Bleach and I am starting to get worn out, especially since I got another filler arc and that extremely stupid arc with dirty boots (will never forget that in my life) power coming up. Don't get me wrong, I am still very much enjoying it, but I don't know how some of you lot could do a One Piece run. I never watched a single episode in my life of that show and it is because of how ridiculous it is.

The difference is that One Piece is peak fiction and Bleach is an average / above average anime...

You definitely can't speedrun One Piece and I think that adds to it's charm.

It appeals so much to me because my favorite aspect about shonen is the exploration. It's like i'm on a roadtrip with my best friends and One Piece does it pretty phenomenally. All of the arcs are so unique, and the Pirate aspect means they're constantly stretching and exploring the boundaries of their landscape.

The themes can get pretty dark too. Oda doesn't hide his political worldviews. The show revolves around things like unions being infiltrated by the feds, overthrowing the ruling elite, colonial exploitation, healthcare, indigenous people fighting back for their land etc.

The Strawhats are peak and all unique in their own ways. You ask five different OP fans and they likely all have a different fav Strawhat.

But the length of the show can definitely be daunting and you have to have a filler guide on deck. Most people I know that are caught up have taken sabbaticals from their watch/read.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad