TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Not alot going on this season, only picked up Made in Abyss and Ballroom
to go along with MHA and Re:Creators. Season 2 of Owarimonogatari can't come quick enough.

Fall is definitely looking alot more hype.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Android 17 looked badass.

If he started to train with Whis imagine the heights he could hit.

I have no idea how Android 17 is kicking ass like that. Can androids improve like regular humans? At this rate, Android 17 is progressing like a Saiyan. He could give Goku SSJ a run for his money, and he ain't messing around with his enemies in this tournament.

Goku as usual lets everybody power up to their max level, even with the fate of his universe on the line.

Slow episode today, only liked the part with 17. Next episode we will finally found out if Gohan regained his full strength.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
I have no idea how Android 17 is kicking ass like that. Can androids improve like regular humans? At this rate, Android 17 is progressing like a Saiyan. He could give Goku SSJ a run for his money, and he ain't messing around with his enemies in this tournament.

Goku as usual lets everybody power up to their max level, even with the fate of his universe on the line.

Slow episode today, only liked the part with 17. Next episode we will finally found out if Gohan regained his full strength.

Androids 17 and 18 can train and improve, as they are more biologically human than machine. Though as humans, their improvements are more gradual rather than instant power ups like the saiyans.
The difference between them and the other characters is that they have unlimited stamina due to their modifications.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Androids 17 and 18 can train and improve, as they are more biologically human than machine. Though as humans, their improvements are more gradual rather than instant power ups like the saiyans.
The difference between them and the other characters is that they have unlimited stamina due to their modifications.

Ah I see. Having unlimited stamina is a great advantage, when you consider that the Saiyans try to fight in their normal form as much as possible because the Super Saiyan forms drains their energy.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Theoretically he could train constantly nonstop until he reaches crazy heights.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
The Androids are cyborgs really, but I guess there was an error in jp > english translation and it's stuck ever since.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Just saw Appleseed Alpha

Very good movie. I really hesitated to even go near this because it reminded me so much of final fantasy spirits within (which wasn't the worst movie i've ever seen but was definitely one of the most disappointing).

I gave it a chance and really liked it, however, I watched it on crackle, which streams in very close to dvd quality.

Do not watch this movie in anything less than bluray quality, you'll lose a lot of detail. Its very well done outside of a handful of scenes where for some bizarre reason they didn't finish the anti-aliasing and you can clearly see a bunch of visible jaggies. These only last 30-60 seconds across the whole movie though.

Overall very impressive and not an awful story either. Really loved two horns. Should provide a disclaimer though that I have no knowledge of the original manga so others may dislike it for not being faithful.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
CR has the first season of Aria now as well, if anybody's interested in feeling happy or something.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Sentai is having bundle sales right now. You have to log in on Sentai to get the sales for the bundles. This guy has a list of what is out there for the bundles.

https://twitter.com/brokeotaku

I got the Snafu one, even though I own the first season, it was literally cheaper to buy both seasons than the 2nd season alone :laugh:. $32 for both seasons is a ****ing steal.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Watching DB Super subbed is such a different experience.. really wish I didn't have to wait for dubbed. When you grow up with those voices anything else doesn't feel the as good. Especially with Goku and Vegeta. Yeesh.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Goku sounds like a chick most of the time. Sticking with dub.

Goku's voice in Japanese is Masako Nozawa's (an 80 year old woman). She also voices Gohan, Goten, Black Goku and Vegeto.

I don't mind listening to it in Japanese. Beerus, Whis and Champa have funny voices in Japanese.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I'm the opposite because originally when DBZ came out here it was only the saga with Raditz on repeat for so long, so I switched to japanese realized there were a ton of episodes and never looked back. Too impatient to wait for dub and absolutely despise some of the voices like Krillin's.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm the opposite because originally when DBZ came out here it was only the saga with Raditz on repeat for so long, so I switched to japanese realized there were a ton of episodes and never looked back. Too impatient to wait for dub and absolutely despise some of the voices like Krillin's.

The best voice in the English dub is Vegeta's, by far.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Usually I tend to stick around with Japanese subs most of the times, but DB/Z, etc is one of those rare/uncommon animes, where I prefer English dubs over Japanese. I guess it can be chalked down to nostalgia or something, but they do a fine well job with it. Most of the actors are experienced enough to know how to perform. I enjoyed Future Trunks dub voice the most. I'm fine with waiting here.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Watching DB Super subbed is such a different experience.. really wish I didn't have to wait for dubbed. When you grow up with those voices anything else doesn't feel the as good. Especially with Goku and Vegeta. Yeesh.

I think the Japanese voice actors are better honestly. I grew up with the funimation dub but I really really enjoy the Japanese version

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Ugh, japanese voices are awful, Goku sounds like a 12 year old girl and with regards to dbz the japanese music is just laughably bad compared to bruce faulconers soundtrack. They literally played pop music over the show. horrible.

Im sure theyre just using the original voice actor for nostalgia purposes but it sounds awful to anyone without the connection to it.

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
Ugh, japanese voices are awful, Goku sounds like a 12 year old girl and with regards to dbz the japanese music is just laughably bad compared to bruce faulconers soundtrack. They literally played pop music over the show. horrible.

Im sure theyre just using the original voice actor for nostalgia purposes but it sounds awful to anyone without the connection to it.

I disagree the Japanese soundtrack is different but isn't pop, I think both have some great tracks on them and could watch it with either and not be bothered.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Dragon Ball I really like in English too. Because they did the dragon Ball dub after DBZ, so they just used Gohan's voice actor for Goku and it's fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->