Post-Game Talk: Game 71 - Blue Jackets 5 BRUINS 4 F/OT

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
One thing though...This baseless speculation that the Bruins don't say anything, because it's not public, needs to stop. No one here has any idea if they've said anything to the league and we never will. I doubt someone from the team comes out and says anything publicly. It rarely happens.

I'd love for them to give it to the league in an interview, Cassidy, Sweeney, Neely, etc. but it just won't happen. The closest we'll get is Jack and Brick doing it, and they've hinted a few times about how they've been warned about it.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I just wish it wasn't so predictable, I really do.

I'm never mad about a loss that's just one team outplaying the other, but the second that Dave Jackson decided to ignore a penalty shot in OT, I knew it was over, the game was over at that point and a great game was spoiled. It was simply ruined.

Reactions: lopey and Zillah

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Missing Bergy, DeBrusk, Chara, and McAvoy is a massive hit to the D. Backes out doesn't help either. The team is getting goals even without those players. When everyone is back healthy it is scary to think how good the D will be, as well as how lethal the offense will be. This team is going to be insane good once everyone is off the injury list. Throw Donato in the mix as well. Holy ****!

Season near over.Having my doubts about McAvoy making it back 1st round be honest

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Does anyone think that refs have the stones or even desire to just say I'm not making calls in Montreal or Toronto, like that guy did in OT?

I'd bet the house, they don't.

Boston has no home ice advantage. Refs just don't care.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
This could have been another 8-4 affair. Their goalie played well and got a little lucky at times, too. The Bruins are a seriously impressive team even when the other team steals a point. Krejci's last shot hitting the bar was tough.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Can't let a 3-1 lead evaporate and it wasn't a strong OT either

It is disgraceful that penalties were not called...Marchands was an easy call to make. It's embarrassing for the NHL to have that.

Dave Jackson seems to have it in for the Bruins...ever since 2014 series with Habs...no excuse for the other ref not to call those penalties...

Dave Jackson should have never reffed another game after that Game 7 versus the Habs.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Based on what?

Based on the man is not on skates and season near over.You think he just going to fire skates on and go after that injury ?I said I am having my doubts about 1st round or at very least starting series.Could be wrong but we will see .Have you heard any reports on him?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
One thing though...This baseless speculation that the Bruins don't say anything, because it's not public, needs to stop. No one here has any idea if they've said anything to the league and we never will. I doubt someone from the team comes out and says anything publicly. It rarely happens.

I'd love for them to give it to the league in an interview, Cassidy, Sweeney, Neely, etc. but it just won't happen. The closest we'll get is Jack and Brick doing it, and they've hinted a few times about how they've been warned about it.

I agree.

Jack and Brick also don’t help this as you mentioned. Feel like they’ve been super fiesty these past few weeks. And it translates throughout the broadcast

Reactions: Thrive

Bruin1970

Feb 23, 2018
Anyone left who doesn’t see that the league will shaft the Bruins, really is willfully ignorant at this point. There is not a single team whose best scorer being raped on a breakaway that wouldn’t get a call. Not one. Only the Bruins scorers can be raped like that. Happens to Krejci every game as well. If that was Crosby, mcdavid, Matthews ...it would be playing on a loop on sportsnet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad