Post-Game Talk: Game 71 - Blue Jackets 5 BRUINS 4 F/OT

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
The lack of an OT penalty on both Marchand & Nash were appalling. Marchy should've had a penalty shot & Nash drew a minor but nothing. You could almost feel CBJ would score the winner momentarily after that.

Donato was fantastic. Krejci was as good as I've seen him. Riley Nash was really, really good. The defense has been really leaky of late - Saturday's game notwithstanding - but there were a lot of weird goals tonight for CBJ. I guess that's what to expect without Chara & McAvoy (and McQuaid later in the game). Be glad they got a point, now another long roadtrip. St. Louis is much like Columbus - a desperate team that's gotten red hot in recent games and is in the mix for a wild card.

Reactions: Thrive and Ladyfan

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I thought Columbus played really well tonight and had some goals that just aren't really stoppable.

Unbelievable debut by Donato. Crazy to think he could have easily had a hat trick and 5 points with a little more puck luck. Nearly every time he was on the ice, he was making plays with the puck in the offensive end.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Refs and linesmen sucked.

Danato was awesome and Krejci clicked with him.

Krug was a beast and Gryz has some really good hockey sense.

Bs deserved this game and the refs screwed them. They at least got a point and on to the next game.

I can’t wait to see what this team does when the wounded return.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The handful of people keeping their head buried in the sand and trying to justify the reffing need to watch other teams play more often. That mugging of Marchy is ALWAYS called in that situation, except when it is Marchand. I have yet to see that play not result in a penalty or penalty shot this season when it involves a team other than the Bruins. That was a massive noncall on an elite player who wins a lot of games in OT. Ref had a direct line of vision on it and ignored it. He would have called that 100 percent had it not been Marchand. That is just plain awful and unprofessional reffing. Period.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm happy for Donato, he did great!

Bruins had their chances to win it, even with an entire starting lineup on the shelf. If they had just Bergeron and Chara back it probably would have been won in regulation.

The non calls were horrendous.

Got a point, better than none.

I still miss Bergeron and hope he plays Friday.

Reactions: Boston Bruno

charliesangel

Feb 26, 2018
The handful of people keeping their head buried in the sand and trying to justify the reffing need to watch other teams play more often. That mugging of Marchy is ALWAYS called in that situation, except when it is Marchand. I have yet to see that play not result in a penalty or penalty shot this season when it involves a team other than the Bruins. That was a massive noncall on an elite player who wins a lot of games in OT. Ref had a direct line of vision on it and ignored it. He would have called that 100 percent had it not been Marchand. That is just plain awful and unprofessional reffing. Period.
Who is trying to justify the reffing?

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Overall I was pleasantly surprised with the Bruins effort, we dominated most of that game. Like others none too pleased with the OT officiating. Donato is the real deal. If we ever get a full team we are going to be scary good.
Fun game to watch. We need to just stop losing 1 or 2 players per game and start getting some guys back before the playoffs start

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Missing Bergy, DeBrusk, Chara, and McAvoy is a massive hit to the D. Backes out doesn't help either. The team is getting goals even without those players. When everyone is back healthy it is scary to think how good the D will be, as well as how lethal the offense will be. This team is going to be insane good once everyone is off the injury list. Throw Donato in the mix as well. Holy shit!

Reactions: Thrive and Emerz

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I was Sweeney I be front of media after getting bent over like that.Its going to keep happening till some light is shined on it .Marchand is Bruins star and needs some defending

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I read someone in the GameDay give the refs a pass because it was going to take a mugging to get a call.

Well, a hold on a breakaway is a mugging. Okay, that's horrible. Buy then to refuse to call a "mugging" hook that took away a prime scoring chance in front. It's really unjustifiable.

I'd really bring it up to the league if I was the Bruins. I'd cite the new standards where any hand or stick contact on a puck carrier is emphasized. You call it.

To stare at those two plays and make a conscious choice to simply not do your job. They should be reprimanded. There's zero way to say there wasn't hand and stick contact that hindered a prime chance.

Reactions: Thrive

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
He then had the audacity to stare straight ahead and ignore Marchand while the linesmen protected him. Looked like an umpire in MLB waiting to get the chance to eject him.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
We played a great game with that lineup.
Tuukka got outplayed.
We shouldve won that game by at least 3 goals.

Wouldve made that brutal ot reffing a non factor

Reactions: charliesangel

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Time for the coach and management to come out and make a statement. The reffing was horrendous.
If that situation is any other team that is a penalty for sure. Can you imagine the Bruins getting away with something like that in a Toronto or Montreal game. Not a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00