Post-Game Talk: Game 71 - Blue Jackets 5 BRUINS 4 F/OT

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
By the way, where have I seen the random CAPITALIZATION of names before? :sarcasm:

Is this What the Puck? There are only one or two other posters that would troll this hard against Rask.

Hmmmm, pretty sure alt accounts are against the forum rules. IP check time.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
All i want is the guy to win a cup and earn the praise and salary he gets....Why is that asking to much ? I have to kiss his Rask just because he won a Vezina and has spurts of greatness ?

Sorry, No Cup, no greatness, no praise. We have waited for this guy, now it is his turn to raise his game like real great goalies do.

This is brutal. Goalies have won the cup with worse stats than Rask has. Goalies have not won the cup with better stats than some have. THIS IS A TEAM GAME.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Get it through your head, The numbers do not count. I dont care what they are. You win the games by letting in less then the other goalie and you steal some games. Thats what wins cups.

I do not dis like Rask. I simply question his mental makeup in being able to win the cup and have the mental toughness needed. I see nothing wrong with that based on his career. That's just the way it is.

If you don’t mind me asking,

How many active goalies would you take before Rask going into the playoffs and who are they?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Get it through your head, The numbers do not count. I dont care what they are. You win the games by letting in less then the other goalie and you steal some games. Thats what wins cups.

I do not dis like Rask. I simply question his mental makeup in being able to win the cup and have the mental toughness needed. I see nothing wrong with that based on his career. That's just the way it is.

Your analysis goes against any expert who knows anything about hockey. Here's a little tidbit, did you know the Conn Smythe has been awarded to the LOSING goalie before? The best hockey experts in the world thinking the better goalie, actually the best player on the ice, is the loser of the final. This includes Hextall and JS Giguere.

Explain that!!

Last edited:

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
If you don’t mind me asking,

How many active goalies would you take before Rask going into the playoffs and who are they?
This is interesting. You guys all have your pants in a wedgie just because i dont agree that Rask is a great goalie. Not true, I think he is an excellent goalie. That said i am not sure he has the mental makeup to win the cup. I would like to be wrong on that despite what you think....That said there are not many goalies i would take over him, probably two or three.......Then i think he is in there with Bobrovsky, Rinne, Holtby, Lundqvuist, .........The think is the best regular season goalies, sometimes never win the Cup.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
This is interesting. You guys all have your pants in a wedgie just because i dont agree that Rask is a great goalie. Not true, I think he is an excellent goalie. That said i am not sure he has the mental makeup to win the cup. I would like to be wrong on that despite what you think....That said there are not many goalies i would take over him, probably two or three.......Then i think he is in there with Bobrovsky, Rinne, Holtby, Lundqvuist, .........The think is the best regular season goalies, sometimes never win the Cup.

He had the mental makeup to get them to a Cup. You just seem to ignore the fact it’s a team game.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
This is interesting. You guys all have your pants in a wedgie just because i dont agree that Rask is a great goalie.

False. We "have our pants in a wedgie" because your reasoning makes no sense. Nobody has a problem with an opinion about a player. We have a problem specifically with your supposed reasoning behind forming said opinion. When you say things like Cups are all that matter when judging a player, you're going to get some push back.

You constantly say things like "he doesn't have the mental makeup to win a Cup" or "he's a great regular season goalie but needs to play better when the games count (playoffs)".......but those statements make literally zero sense when you look at the following:

Career regular season: .922 save percentage and 2.25 GAA
Career playoffs: .928 save percentage and 2.12 GAA

He has proven over his career that he can and has risen to the occasion in the playoffs. It's right there in black and white. His playoff numbers are even better than his regular season numbers.

Cups CAN be used to support a case between certain players.....as ONE factor in said discussion. It cannot be the sole criteria however, as there are just too many other factors at play. Your inability to admit that fact is simply trolling, stubbornness or lack of intelligence. I'll let you choose which one applies here.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
"That's just the way it is"

No, no it's not. You can keep saying it @JP Nolan but that doesn't make it true
To answer this further and so you understand my position. I am not comparing Rask to others in the league. I am not saying i would rather have so and so instead of Rask. My point is simply Is he good enough to backstop a team all the way. Playing goal is mental as well as physical. I have no problem saying i like his physical qualities as much as anyones. It's the mental aspect of his game i question.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Playing goal is mental as well as physical. I have no problem saying i like his physical qualities as much as anyones. It's the mental aspect of his game i question.

You have a degree in sports psychology?

Look, it's one thing to say that a guy might be mentally weak or whatever if he never won in the playoffs.....it's another when you are saying it about a guy that has literally won a Vezina based on his regular season numbers, has some of the best regular season numbers in NHL History..............and actually has better playoff numbers than regular season numbers...................and has already been to and won games in the Stanley Cup Finals.

It's unreal. If Bergy doesn't get hurt in the 2013 playoffs, the Bruins (and Tuukka) win the Cup. Of this I have no doubt at all. So why are you making all these ridiculous claims about Tuukka when the main reason he doesn't have a Cup is the health of the team around him for a few games.......something completely outside his control?

Reactions: Chief Nine

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
You have a degree in sports psychology?

Look, it's one thing to say that a guy might be mentally weak or whatever if he never won in the playoffs.....it's another when you are saying it about a guy that has literally won a Vezina based on his regular season numbers, has some of the best regular season numbers in NHL History..............and actually has better playoff numbers than regular season numbers...................and has already been to and won games in the Stanley Cup Finals.

It's unreal. If Bergy doesn't get hurt in the 2013 playoffs, the Bruins (and Tuukka) win the Cup. Of this I have no doubt at all. So why are you making all these ridiculous claims about Tuukka when the main reason he doesn't have a Cup is the health of the team around him for a few games.......something completely outside his control?
It is not just that....I have no doubt we were the better team vs Chicago in 2013. I think he was not very good vs Chicago. The biggest stage. Game 4 OT shot winner was stoppable. 40 feet, no screen. Should never went in.

Is what it is, you guys can think what you want, i am his fan, i like the guy as a player and know how talented he is. Can he please win the cup and validate the praise....and salary. Thats all i want.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Personally, I hope the team wins the Cup this year so you will finally shut the f*** up about Tuukka Rask. :skeptic:

Reactions: Chief Nine

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
It is not just that....I have no doubt we were the better team vs Chicago in 2013. I think he was not very good vs Chicago. The biggest stage. Game 4 OT shot winner was stoppable. 40 feet, no screen. Should never went in.

Is what it is, you guys can think what you want, i am his fan, i like the guy as a player and know how talented he is. Can he please win the cup and validate the praise....and salary. Thats all i want.

What a joke.

Game one went to triple freaking OT. He had FIFTY NINE saves - .936 save %. He did his job and gave them a chance to win.

Game two went to OT and we won 2-1. .971 save % Was he not very good there?

Game three had the Bruins win 2-0. A shutout for Rask. Was he not very good there?

Game 4. The game where he supposedly gave up a softie in OT with no screen? Here's the clip (ff to 60 seconds in for the behind Rask view:

VIDEO: Brent Seabrook's Game 4 OT winner evens Stanley Cup Final

Hardly a softie as he had two Bs in front of him and traffic to his right......either way, another OT game which means, by definition, he gave them a chance to win it.

Game 5. Rask gave up a whole 2 goals. We scored 1. He was very good again.

Game 6. We all know the story there. Breakdowns left and right at the end of that one cost us a game 7.

Rask played more than well enough to win the cup that year. It just wasn't in the cards and certainly wasn't on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad