Post-Game Talk: Game 7: Caps @ Bolts | 5/23/18 | 8:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I like Kucherov a lot but I learned a lot about him this series, especially that when things don't go his way he completely checks out and/or acts like a petulant child.

After last season when he ripped his team for missing the playoffs, and the season he had, I thought he was going to take over the playoffs this season, instead it was two other Russians.

0 even strength goals between him and Stamkos in this series.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
How the hell do you hold Stamkos and Kucherov to ZERO even strength goals in a seven game series?

That is beyond impressive to me.

Live by the power play.

Die by the power play. We know it well. PP's always dry up late in a series, and its a major problem with a dominant PP all year. Teams get spoiled by it and thus play suffers at ES. ES becomes turtling or hoping for the next PP.

Reactions: calicapsfan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
In my quest to properly track hits, I may need to up Wilson's hit on Kunitz that broke the back of tampa and sucked the life out of the arena. I had him at +4 but will bump it up to +5. Knocked down, pirouetted in mid air, created a turnover, scored off of the turnover, and upon further review added a point for him having Kunitz helicoptering on the ice long after the hit completely removing him from the play. A big fat minus for Goonitz.

That first goal was HUGE and Wilson deserves more than just an ES assist dammit. I laugh at the notion that Tampa out hit us last night. It was like panic fire. They had nothing.

Willy Hit Gif Here
Alex Ovechkin scores sixty-two seconds into Game Seven

It would have been awesome had Willy potted the ENG for the Gordie Hat Trick.

Event Summary

Last edited:

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Ah thanks.
Maybe I won't cancel my trip to Spain lol.

Hopefully it works for you (using NHL.COM). It's a very cheap price to pay to watch the games and still go on your holiday.
Where in Belgium do you live? I have former work colleagues / good friends there. Two in Zonhoeven, work office used to be in Hassalt, and another friend living in Ghent. I'm planning to visit next year to catch up with them all. I just have to be careful on the beers because those Tripels put me on my a*s pretty quickly!!

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
In my quest to properly track hits, I may need to up Wilson's hit on Kunitz that broke the back of tampa and sucked the life out of the arena. I had him at +4 but will bump it up to +5. Knocked down, pirouetted in mid air, created a turnover, scored off of the turnover, and upon further review added a point for him having Kunitz helicoptering on the ice long after the hit completely removing him from the play. A big fat minus for Goonitz.

That first goal was HUGE and Wilson deserves more than just an ES assist dammit. I laugh at the notion that Tampa out hit us last night. It was like panic fire. They had nothing.

Gif Here

Event Summary

That's hilarious - Wilson doesn't even have to do anything, Kunitz just skates into him and bounces off like he weighs about 30 pounds. What a soft c*ck...

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Great that the Ovi goal starts with Willy knocking that POS Kunitz on his ass and separating him from the puck, especially after that weasel tried to snap Wilson's neck earlier in the series

I forgot about that. Sweet revenge. I had a feeling Wilson would settle the score at some point, but Willy played a disciplined game all series. What a great hit that was. I feel bad for the Tampa fans that collectively forked up 2M+ only to watch their hopes go down the drain 1 minute into the game. When I say feel bad, I am laughing.

I want to see the same physical play that we saw versus Vegas. I am not sure they have dealt with what Tampa had to deal with in game 6. McPhee may feel compelled to meet Tom in the runway.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia

Willy Hit Gif Here

Event Summary

Couldn't have happened to a better guy. We are slowly but steadily defeating all the penguin leftovers in each series.

one last daemon to slay, but first his pesky minions, schmidt, maf, cody eakin, etc.

we will prevail

now on to the final boss

ogo92n0F_400x400.jpg

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Hopefully it works for you (using NHL.COM). It's a very cheap price to pay to watch the games and still go on your holiday.
Where in Belgium do you live? I have former work colleagues / good friends there. Two in Zonhoeven, work office used to be in Hassalt, and another friend living in Ghent. I'm planning to visit next year to catch up with them all. I just have to be careful on the beers because those Tripels put me on my a*s pretty quickly!!
That's the flamish part.:)
I live in the french part of the country, even though it's a little country (1h30-40 by car) from french boarder to netherlands border.

I use the official gamecenter for 5 or 6 years now I think, but I never tried to watch it in other countries.:naughty:

----

btw, just remembered again the Gourde open net miss while it was 1:0 for the Caps. (Djoos and Orpik)? were there but they weren't strong enough with their stick and I don't see any big deflections. How can he miss that??

Also, I thought for once, every little bounce, break, hockey god were with us lol. Like when we iced the puck, but then there was a problem with the puck, so the linesman changed it, and we were able to gain 10 extra seconds to breathe.

Reactions: Heath

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
That's the flamish part.:)
I live in the french part of the country, even though it's a little country (1h30-40 by car) from french boarder to netherlands border.

I use the official gamecenter for 5 or 6 years now I think, but I never tried to watch it in other countries.:naughty:

----

btw, just remembered again the Gourde open net miss while it was 1:0 for the Caps. (Djoos and Orpik)? were there but they weren't strong enough with their stick and I don't see any big deflections. How can he miss that??

Also, I thought for once, every little bounce, break, hockey god were with us lol. Like when we iced the puck, but then there was a problem with the puck, so the linesman changed it, and we were able to gain 10 extra seconds to breathe.

It works anywhere, your name and password is all you need. I watched games from the same account in EU and US.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
So whoever posted a couple of days ago that Trotz needs to put Burkie in the lineup cuz that kid can be cold for 20 games and then pull a two-goal game out of his ass . . . . well, kudos to Mr. Oracle.
Also great that Dre pots two absolutely clutch goals on the same day in which I earlier had chided him for his elite net-missing skills. Love to be made a fool of like that . . . though I will note that the first goal was only a foot or so off the ice, and the second was on the ice the whole way through the wickets. It's a different game if both those shots had ended up as field goals, as was (but no longer is) his wont.

Reactions: calicapsfan

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
I've been a Caps fan since the 90s and especially during the Ovechkin era but this spring was the first time I've ever followed/posted on hockey message boards. Is it a coincidence that's when they finally started whipping asses??
Now you have to do that every post-season :naughty:

Reactions: CapsDC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad