Post-Game Talk: Game 7: Caps @ Bolts | 5/23/18 | 8:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
My picture was from years ago, but I can only hope that's how it went down last night as well

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Just watched the game for a second time. I'm floating right now and it still hasn't sunk in that were going to be playing for the cup. I know to some fan bases this must seem dumb, but to me its oh so special.

Having watched again, I'm amazed at the breaks that finally went our way. The bounce off defenseman leg that didn't go into the net but off a post. The puck behind Holtby that the lightning whiffed on. The Bura goal that bounced off Hedmans chest. So many plays that always seemed to go the way went our way and finally the hustle paid off.

Its also such a joy to have a team showing up and playing hard up and down the lineup in big games. Win or lose I haven't been walking away from games this postseason wondering why we don't seem motivated.

Also props to Wilson for punching Coburn in the head a couple times for being a punk to Kuzy. Also for crushing Kunitz to set up the first goal.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Just watched the game for a second time. I'm floating right now and it still hasn't sunk in that were going to be playing for the cup. I know to some fan bases this must seem dumb, but to me its oh so special.

Having watched again, I'm amazed at the breaks that finally went our way. The bounce off defenseman leg that didn't go into the net but off a post. The puck behind Holtby that the lightning whiffed on. The Bura goal that bounced off Hedmans chest. So many plays that always seemed to go the way went our way and finally the hustle paid off.

Its also such a joy to have a team showing up and playing hard up and down the lineup in big games. Win or lose I haven't been walking away from games this postseason wondering why we don't seem motivated.

Also props to Wilson for punching Coburn in the head a couple times for being a punk to Kuzy. Also for crushing Kunitz to set up the first goal.

didn't Djoos just outmuscle the Lightning player and hold down his stick?

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
didn't Djoos just outmuscle the Lightning player and hold down his stick?

Ive watched it about 10 times and I'm still not sure. He was there and definitely put pressure on him, but still not sure how he missed that. I just have a feeling that every year for the last 35 or so that goes in. It hits a skate, leg, our own stick, something and gets pushed in. After that play I finally started to believe it was going to be our night.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Ive watched it about 10 times and I'm still not sure. He was there and definitely put pressure on him, but still not sure how he missed that. I just have a feeling that every year for the last 35 or so that goes in. It hits a skate, leg, our own stick, something and gets pushed in. After that play I finally started to believe it was going to be our night.
It looked like Orpik pressed hard across his hands with his stick to stymie any kind of leverage he could have gotten on the puck. AKA good strong hook.

Djoos also got him a bit from behind. All that just caused a miss.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Congratulations on a good series and to you guys for winning the conference. It's tough seeing us lose cause of how great our team was this year, but you guys outplayed us from start to finish this series, and Vasy was the only reason we even had a chance. And though I'm still quite down about our season being over, I am genuinely happy for your team and fanbase. Much prefer seeing you guys advance over the Penguins and Bruins. I've always liked Ovechkin (definitely more than Crosby), and I hope you guys finally win for him and cause your fanbase has waited forever for this moment. Good series and best of luck in the finals!

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Backstrom Finger.PNG

Here is Backy's finger if anyone was wanting to see it.
Backstrom Finger2.PNG

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
I enjoyed this article
Permission for optimism: The Caps take on D.C.'s pain

"Now, on to the final round. The Big Bads. Former general manager George McPhee, attempting to win the Cup he couldn't win in Washington over the course of 20 years with a team he created out of nothing, and his Darth Maul, ex-Penguins goalie and Capitals tormentor Marc-Andre Fleury, who contributed to two of those previous three Pittsburgh series victories, including a 29-save shutout in Game 7 last year."

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Stamkos has 0 points in his last 10 elimination games. That's almost impossible, it seems. But, he's a good ole' Canadian boy so he gets a pass. Imagine Ovie with that stat line... woof.

Patrick O'Sullivan just went on a rant on XM about the double standard, it was amazing.

Another tid,bit Stamkos has played in five game sevens and has never gotten a point.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I enjoyed this article
Permission for optimism: The Caps take on D.C.'s pain

"Now, on to the final round. The Big Bads. Former general manager George McPhee, attempting to win the Cup he couldn't win in Washington over the course of 20 years with a team he created out of nothing, and his Darth Maul, ex-Penguins goalie and Capitals tormentor Marc-Andre Fleury, who contributed to two of those previous three Pittsburgh series victories, including a 29-save shutout in Game 7 last year."

WHAT?!?!?! Complete bullshit. He took Poile's team to the Final, and drafted Ovechkin and Backstrom, big f***in deal.

Mahoney was responsible for all the depth picks. Then Mcf***up made bad nothing trade after bad nothing trade, including the worst trade in NHL history. He lasted as long as he did because of the old boys network and Dick Patrick.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Was on a flight so couldn’t watch all the game but the Caps did it wooooooooo.

Also, great job by Holtby stepping it up the last two games. Was the turning point. Hopefully he continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->