Post-Game Talk: Game 7: Caps @ Bolts | 5/23/18 | 8:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Long time (semi) caps fan here. Yeah, the avs have been bad for a while now and needed a team to cheer for in the playoffs:skeptic:
I've cheered pretty hard for you guys and experienced the frustration of this team first hand for the past few years so I'm really stocked for the fans and the team (and myself:laugh:)
With ovechkin playing the best hockey since 2010 and holtby coming off real strong games I'm really confident in your chances right now. Really hope you guys do it this year, Backstrom and Ovechkin f***ing deserve their cup

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'm really proud of Bura. He redeemed himself in a big way and he didn't need a new coach. That kind of game is a career changer and puts away any doubts in himself. His speed and skill is going to be needed against Vegas. I was harsh on Kempny this series, but it was out of frustration. He is still an excellent trade acquisition. Pretty proud of the guys overall.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I am lost for words.
Im so happy for everyone. here and the boys and everyone else.

What a performance. Lucky yes, but the first goal was all skill and exactly who the Caps are.

1) I will stitch my avatar back together
2) I need to find the best place to get a Wilson jersey that wont break the bank
3) I need to figure out how to get a copy of tomorrows Washington post newspaper in Australia
4) I love you all.
5) This is the greatest sporting day of my life bar NONE. BAR NONE.

Thanks everyone for being the best.

GO CAPS!
GO CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A LEGEND.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
dfjlmsdlgkspdmgksdùgjsmldùgksùgs^ùkù yeaaaaaaaaah
:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

So happy right now. Love you all guys

Woke up at 4:15 AM (knew the game wasn't over yet) so I waited an hour to start watching the game.

I calmed down after the first goal, I knew it would finish in 60, so I was hoping for a shutout, but when Bura scored his goal, I knew the Caps won :nod::nod:

Burakovsky :laugh::laugh::laugh: My God, wonderful. He decided to start to play at the rught moment. And since we know he's a streaky player, I hope he can keep it up at least in the next 7 games :naughty::naughty:

Ovi, GWG :bow:
Holtby, that blocker save on Killorn's 1 on 1 (at 2:0) was huuuuuuuuuge:nod:
Orpik, warrior, how that wasn't a major?? **** this league.

I want a gif of that hug between Ovi and Nick. And some people will still say that they don't love each other?? **** off :laugh::laugh:

--------

But now I have a dilemma

I am/(was?) suppose to go on vacation (in fact a long weekend) from june 9th to 12th. I don't think there is a channel in Spain that will show the NHL and I don't think my belgian nhl.tv account will be switched on in Spain. Need to phone to the nhl.tv to be sure.

I hope the Caps can finish it in 5 :naughty::naughty::naughty: If not, game 6 will be during vacation and game 7 will be just few hours before the plane

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Wow, just saw Stamkos and Cooper’s postgames. They thought they played well. Did I watch the right game? :confused:

I know they pushed, but they were almost never dangerous, but for maybe 6 or 7 minutes in the second.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Wow, just saw Stamkos and Cooper’s postgames. They thought they played well. Did I watch the right game? :confused:

I know they pushed, but they were almost never dangerous, but for maybe 6 or 7 minutes in the second.

Well they did have a breakaway, 2 posts and missed 2 open nets... so to say they were almost never dangerous is not really true.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
GracefulCleanAtlanticbluetang-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: bur and 666 others

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
Well they did have a breakaway, 2 posts and missed 2 open nets... so to say they were almost never dangerous is not really true.

Trotz had an excellent post-game interview. The hockey Gods rewards those who pass the challenge test. TBL is an excellent (skill) team and they rallied from 2-0 to 2-3 ... then they quit. The Caps didn't quit despite the odds. It's not about chances. It's about quitting. More than half of the TBL team had quit in both games 6 and 7. In the past, the Caps team used to quit. This year, TBL has quit. This is a coaching problem they have to resolve. If they can't, they can kiss any Cup dreams good f***ing bye. The same applies to the Caps in the SC Finals.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Didn't get to watch the game and just now got to see the ovie goal. Oh my goodness. He basically just said get in the ****ing net and vasi had no say in the matter. Best goal scorer of all time. Launching a rocket in from that far out took me be back a couple decades. You don't see that anymore.

That was no rocket, it was Russian hypersonic missile. I'm surprised it didn't go through the twine. That was a hard shot, lol.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
And that was literally Tampa's last stand. Coburn did what he could to wake up his team and after that failed, they were toast. A lessor man there gets roughed up by Coburn who is pretty ****ing big and wakes up the dead arena. Tom knocked his helmet off and the rest his history.

Looking back Coburn was looking for a white flag to wave

Yeah - Coburn actually looked like "oh f*ck I really don't want to be in this now that I've dropped the gloves". But much respect to him, takes a lot of guts to do that.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
But now I have a dilemma

I am/(was?) suppose to go on vacation (in fact a long weekend) from june 9th to 12th. I don't think there is a channel in Spain that will show the NHL and I don't think my belgian nhl.tv account will be switched on in Spain. Need to phone to the nhl.tv to be sure.

I hope the Caps can finish it in 5 :naughty::naughty::naughty: If not, game 6 will be during vacation and game 7 will be just few hours before the plane

I don't know if this would work for you or not: I bought a $20 (Australian - probably 14 Euros) NHL.COM subscription just for the playoffs, because I travel from time to time for work and I am able to use this anywhere. A guy I know was over here last year (from Canada) and he had the same NHL.COM subscription and he was able to watch the games when he was here in Australia, using his Canadian NHL.COM account. Seems to be linked to your userid and doesn't matter where you are in the world.
Also, you can watch the games on any device you like by logging into NHL.COM on the internet / web. I like watching on big screens whenever possible so I watch it through an XBOX.
If this option is available to you it would be well worth it for 14 Euros or thereabouts. Only 2 Euros a game! or if all goes to plan for the Caps, 3,5 Euros a game!

Reactions: ovikovy817

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Ah yanks
I don't know if this would work for you or not: I bought a $20 (Australian - probably 14 Euros) NHL.COM subscription just for the playoffs, because I travel from time to time for work and I am able to use this anywhere. A guy I know was over here last year (from Canada) and he had the same NHL.COM subscription and he was able to watch the games when he was here in Australia, using his Canadian NHL.COM account. Seems to be linked to your userid and doesn't matter where you are in the world.
Also, you can watch the games on any device you like by logging into NHL.COM on the internet / web. I like watching on big screens whenever possible so I watch it through an XBOX.
If this option is available to you it would be well worth it for 14 Euros or thereabouts. Only 2 Euros a game! or if all goes to plan for the Caps, 3,5 Euros a game!
Ah thanks.
Maybe I won't cancel my trip to Spain lol.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Some neat stuff since following Caps this playoffs , I was not a fan before , but now I have adopted them as my 2nd team , and found how much I really like some of the players. I gamble on sports for a living Caps have been so good to me these playoffs. Had Pen fans ridiculing me for having the gull to say Caps come out of the east . Feels so good to sa HA HA here were some of my posts on my gut feelings as far back as feb and beggining of this series. Now take it all the way Caps I dont like charity teams , and do not want Vegas winning .

gPpaXyD.png

hGNxX3r.png

vyBm7sr.png

OinkAtn.png

Pretty impressive posts. What's your take on the Caps vs Vegas?

Reactions: calicapsfan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Kucherov was frustrated this entire series.

I like Kucherov a lot but I learned a lot about him this series, especially that when things don't go his way he completely checks out and/or acts like a petulant child.

After last season when he ripped his team for missing the playoffs, and the season he had, I thought he was going to take over the playoffs this season, instead it was two other Russians.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Ovie is a washed up scrub, he will never score again, trash.

Burakovsky should be benched, trash.

Orpik is a slug, trash.

Backstrom is a soft hurt swede, trash.

Kuznetsov doesn't have what it takes, trash.

Wilson is a worthless 4th line AHL goon, trash.

Holeby would likely be a back up on my beer league team, trash.

etc, etc. worthless bums, etc.

12-1 Tampa

Y'all are welcome! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad