Post-Game Talk: Game 7: Caps @ Bolts | 5/23/18 | 8:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Really hope that hack Wysh keeps the trend going and picks Vegas
Worst thing you can do is pick teams because of their finish in the season standngs I judge teams on how they play against mine , I know Oilers inside and out when they bring A game and when they don't , just like you Cap fans know the Caps . Oilers played one of their best games of the season against Caps this year and ended up losing in A so other game Caps ran us 5-2 , out of all the teams they played this season the Caps impressed me the most , last season it was the Preds . Basketball is the Only sport where Standings over a season matter .

Last edited:

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Meh. It's up to the league to do something about trappy systems. It's one thing for a s*** team like Ottawa to play it, but Washington playing and winning with it will basically necessitate most other teams adopting it. Trotz kind of suckerpunched everybody below the belt this year. But look at the guy? Is it really a surprise? No. Not at all.

I will say the great irony will be when Ovechkin fails to get anywhere near Gretzky's goal record because he was essentially complicit in ushering in a second dead puck era.

Woooo. Tampa gettin' real salty over their.

Did we really trap that hard? I thought we only started trapping when we were trying to secure leads, but we battled and got a lot more goals off poor defensive positioning then us just countering off the trap.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
This may not even be possible, but I think Ovechkin takes it up one more level for the finals. He's on a mission. If he does that and carries the team with him, and if Holtby continues the way he's been going, Caps win the cup.

lUr95Ob.jpg

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Can't say our guys were stifling for the entire match ... several times TB had consecutive golden opportunities due to poor passing, Holtby rebounds, lack of puck awareness, other factors ... but they hit a post and otherwise were largely without puck luck. The Caps, on the other hand, had outstanding finishing from Burt (forget Point>>>Kuzy, how 'bout Bura>>>Point?) and stoppages from a resurgent Holtbeast. The times our goalie looked shakey, TB couldn't convert. Other times, Holtby came up huge.

TB played two series-clinching games like we're used to seeing from Caps teams in the past. What's different for the Caps this year? Maturity of the team's stars/leaders? Infusion of youth? Hockey Gods decided to favor us for a change? Hard to believe, but we're about to get another SCF on home ice!

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss!

Sorry for the delayed response, but my internet pooped out to start the third period so I ended up on a longer delay than I expected. I already had a good idea of the outcome since they were up 3-0, but still, it was super frustrating at the time.

So I've said many times in these playoffs that I'm watching the CBC feed. They made this win all about Ovie, for better or worse. Talked a lot about how his game has changed over time, how he's the focal point of the team, and how this will tie into his legacy. What did NBC do?

If I could get the CBC feed I sure would watch it. I miss open sat days. I literally grew up with HNIC. Every playoff I play the original HNIC song, except this year.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Can't say our guys were stifling for the entire match ... several times TB had consecutive golden opportunities due to poor passing, Holtby rebounds, lack of puck awareness, other factors ... but they hit a post and otherwise were largely without puck luck. The Caps, on the other hand, had outstanding finishing from Burt (forget Point>>>Kuzy, how 'bout Bura>>>Point?) and stoppages from a resurgent Holtbeast. The times our goalie looked shakey, TB couldn't convert. Other times, Holtby came up huge.

TB played two series-clinching games like we're used to seeing from Caps teams in the past. What's different for the Caps this year? Maturity of the team's stars/leaders? Infusion of youth? Hockey Gods decided to favor us for a change? Hard to believe, but we're about to get another SCF on home ice!

Totally this.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
That was satisfying. On to the next round.

(User ID changed, paper bag is off)

I changed my picture from Matt Bradley face palming after the epic defeat to the Montreal Canadians just prior to these playoffs. I wore that as a badge of shame for many years. I finally chucked out all the negativity.

So props to you. :)

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Penguins fan here, please don't shoot.

The Caps trust in each other in their own zone this playoffs has really impressed me. None of the players are taking shortcuts, risky plays, or leaving their man to double the puck carrier, and it really strangled Tampa's offense as there was often nowhere to move the puck to on the cycle, and TB did nothing at ES all series. Happy for you guys as Washington has been one of the best teams in the league for a while now, and it's always good to see talented teams find success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad