Post-Game Talk: Game 7: Caps @ Bolts | 5/23/18 | 8:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Wow, just saw Stamkos and Cooper’s postgames. They thought they played well. Did I watch the right game? :confused:

I know they pushed, but they were almost never dangerous, but for maybe 6 or 7 minutes in the second.
I think they were dangerous for most of the first period and a good chunk of the second. Basically from the end of the Caps early 1st period powerplay until Burakovsky stole the show it was all Tampa Bay. It wasn't really until Burt took the wind out of Tampa's sails with the second breakaway that the Caps had the decisive edge in play. Tampa was compeltely ineffective in the third period, but that wasn't the story of the first two periods.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
They may need to pound ole Schmiddy. Will they set aside their friendship and do that? I am not so sure. We do not want him moving forward and we know one way to do that. Hit him like we hit the Floridian Villagers. I am convinced we don't want to get into a footrace with Vegas.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
It feels great walking in to work today and people congratulating me like I did something, just from knowing how much I care.

Oh man I would love to experience that. When I went to game 1 and 2 vs philly it was my first time seeing more than 2 people wearing Caps gear. Blew my mind.

Well shit. US only. Anyone know a good 3rd party to ship things to? I used one years ago but they were a bit dodge.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I think they were dangerous for most of the first period and a good chunk of the second. Basically from the end of the Caps early 1st period powerplay until Burakovsky stole the show it was all Tampa Bay. It wasn't really until Burt took the wind out of Tampa's sails with the second breakaway that the Caps had the decisive edge in play. Tampa was compeltely ineffective in the third period, but that wasn't the story of the first two periods.
Maybe. They had the better of the territorial play for sure and more shots, but I can count on one hand the moments when I really thought they might score, and I think most of them were in the second.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Oh man I would love to experience that. When I went to game 1 and 2 vs philly it was my first time seeing more than 2 people wearing Caps gear. Blew my mind.

Well ****. US only. Anyone know a good 3rd party to ship things to? I used one years ago but they were a bit dodge.

Is it possible to ask your embassy? Or Nate Walker?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I’m still pretty confused by people who don’t love Wilson dropping the gloves. The leading scorer in the entire playoffs got his sweater ripped off and thrown on the ice in a Game 7. Yeah, when you do that it’s time to eat a knuckle sandwich. To me it says a lot about the togetherness of this team. Also, let that be a message to VGK if they plan on taking liberties. The Caps are all-in and that’s why they’re here.
The Wilson fight was much more than a fight with Coburn. Coburn's actions were symbolic of the treatment that the Capitals have been receiving from the NHL during the playoffs to include the DOPS, the Referees, inconsistency in calls and discipline being meted out, the disrespect shown to them by PenBC and their employees (Pierre, Doc, Milbury, Roenick . . .) all of the so-called hockey experts that write about the game or talk about it on the XM-Sirius Radio channel who have picked against the Capitals in each series. Wilson's response was our response as Caps fans, that this team is here and they'll get respect whether you give it to them or they'll make you give it to them.

Wilson's fight was the visual F this league!

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
It feels great walking in to work today and people congratulating me like I did something, just from knowing how much I care.

I got a lot of that too....my office is in PA (outside Philly), so mine was over concalls and email. And most of my friends out here know my feelings on the team, so got a slew of texts on Wednesday night.

I also have a boatload on jerseys that I wear as sweaters/sweatshirts, so a lot of people know me around the area for that....so have gotten some random “congrats”, our and about as well.

Fun times!!

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Whoever makes these videos deserves a raise

Hell yeah!! I have watched the "Suit and Jacket" one that is a thank you to the fans before every game to get me pumped up. It is fantastic!!

I even bought the song on itunes so it was effective marketing. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad