Post-Game Talk: Game 66: Caps win in OT 2-1 - We're on to Florida

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Can't really be mad about anything that was in their control last night.

Both the efforts in the games against Hawks/Caps and taking 3 unexpected points out of those games leaves me pretty happy.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'm not exactly sure what people wanted as a response last night. No one on the team big enough to actually hurt Ovi could realistically catch him to hit him hard enough.
Did you want McQuaid/Chara to try and Thornton him and get suspended so we lose them the same time we lose Miller?
Would Lucic being around to shove Ovi a little harder than Brad would make people feel that much better?

The best thing they could have done to him is get 2 goals while he had to sit in the box, they got close and Grubauer was excellent as well as them hitting a few posts.

The real sad thing is being allowed to board and injure a guy and still get to finish the game as long as it wasn't his head that got injured. Miller could have gotten a tiny cut from his visor and Ovi is ejected. Sad by the NHL.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
No they didn't. They played a great game for the most part. PP cost them this game.

They sat back in the third period and didn't even try to sustain an offensive push. Part of that was Washington, but they were passive after dominating the second period so much, yet failing to score. Not sure if it was them being gassed or what, but the difference between the two periods was stark. They carried the play in the second, and that's not even taking the 5 on 3 into consideration. They were skating and creating chances at the other end. I didn't see that in the third. They looked like they were sitting back.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Can't really be mad about anything that was in their control last night.

Both the efforts in the games against Hawks/Caps and taking 3 unexpected points out of those games leaves me pretty happy.

Yep. Most of the comments I have are really nitpicking, tbh. They gave a solid overall effort. Should have converted on that 5 on 3, and the first PP unit hasn't been good in a while now. Probably have to shake things up to get it going again. Most of that is really due to Krejci disappearing, IMO.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Yep. Most of the comments I have are really nitpicking, tbh. They gave a solid overall effort. Should have converted on that 5 on 3, and the first PP unit hasn't been good in a while now. Probably have to shake things up to get it going again. Most of that is really due to Krejci disappearing, IMO.

Teams have also put the focus mostly on Bergeron content to letting them setting with shots from the outside that are frequently blocked as well.

indy

Oct 18, 2015

Bingo! He has been floating.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Kind of weird they played an OT period at the end of this game even though it wasn't a tie at the end of regulation. We're they just testing a new format or something?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
wish some could explain floating, krejci was active and making mistakes. Thats not floating, it more of him not playing well.

Which he's been doing since December. He needs to be the guy we saw at the start of the season if this team wants to win at least a round in the playoffs.

indy

Oct 18, 2015
Krejci is fooling us all!!! take away his 7 mill

Love Krejci when he is on top of his game. He can be elite. He was far from that last night and for many games since the all star break. Maybe he is injured? I don't know. But he has to play like a 7 million $ player.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
My Fair Lady:

Referee warnings be damned, the B's should have jumped Ovechkin.

They may have lost the game eventually, but to me, that's when they really lost it.

I realize I can go too far with the "toughness" stuff, but a team simply has to stand up for one another. Especially in a case like that.

When they fail to do so, that send an unmistakable message to fellow teammates, fans, and the rest of the league.

"We can be pushed around."

Not why I watch Bruins hockey.

Yes a thousand times yes.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
He needs to be great 100% especially in the playoffs. We need him.

If he keeps playing like this, we won't BE in the playoffs for him to step up! :laugh:

He's gotta get it together. We need him. I think what's encouraging about this team is that our D has stepped it up in terms of intensity. We've been solid. Some errors but LOADS better than what we've seen the past 2 years. Its encouraging. I hope they keep it up.

Though Clode needs to stop putting Chara out on 3vs3. He's not made for that. Get speed out there. Spooner. Pasta. That's that way you gotta do it.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I'm not exactly sure what people wanted as a response last night. No one on the team big enough to actually hurt Ovi could realistically catch him to hit him hard enough.
Did you want McQuaid/Chara to try and Thornton him and get suspended so we lose them the same time we lose Miller?
Would Lucic being around to shove Ovi a little harder than Brad would make people feel that much better?

The best thing they could have done to him is get 2 goals while he had to sit in the box, they got close and Grubauer was excellent as well as them hitting a few posts.

The real sad thing is being allowed to board and injure a guy and still get to finish the game as long as it wasn't his head that got injured. Miller could have gotten a tiny cut from his visor and Ovi is ejected. Sad by the NHL.

That's exactly right. Ovi has been making hits like that his entire career, quite a few this year in fact. There are a ton of players in the league that would love nothing more than to tee off on him. It's almost funny at times watching them try to do so. You just cannot catch him the vast majority of the time to exact revenge for the hits he pulls off. He's too smart and fast. He knows players are aiming to "get him" so he keeps his head up always and has a great sense of staying out of positions on the ice where he is vulnerable. And, yeah, good luck jumping him and taking an instigator. Have fun with the suspension the NHL would lay on someone for jumping its best offensive player, not to mention it would be hard to hurt him by doing so anyway since he's pretty flipping strong.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If he keeps playing like this, we won't BE in the playoffs for him to step up! :laugh:

He's gotta get it together. We need him. I think what's encouraging about this team is that our D has stepped it up in terms of intensity. We've been solid. Some errors but LOADS better than what we've seen the past 2 years. Its encouraging. I hope they keep it up.

Though Clode needs to stop putting Chara out on 3vs3. He's not made for that. Get speed out there. Spooner. Pasta. That's that way you gotta do it.

I'd say nearly a PPG player is having it together.

He made a wonderful play in the Chicago game to assist on Loui's great goal. We all need to calm down.

13 points in 14 games in Feb

2 points in 3 games in March,

yes that is struggling for Krejci, but all players go through it

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
As long as Krejci brings it in the playoffs I'm fine with him. I don't think he gets enough credit for his contributions on defense this year. I agree that he seems to play like ass for stretches offensively, but plenty of good players do that. I've been appreciative of how effective he has been in the defensive zone this year. We all know that the defensemen on this team are below average, but I'm not sure some folks realize just how bad they are. Guys like Krejci, Bergy, and Loui have covered up a lot of warts with their effectiveness on defense. Take away the excellent defensive play of some of our forwards, Krejci included, and this team is not even thinking about making the playoffs. It's actually fairy impressive how well the system itself and the defensive play of the forwards has been able to compensate for utterly crap defensemen who make an insane amount of basic mistakes and some of whom get out of position on a regular basis.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
That's exactly right. Ovi has been making hits like that his entire career, quite a few this year in fact. There are a ton of players in the league that would love nothing more than to tee off on him. It's almost funny at times watching them try to do so. You just cannot catch him the vast majority of the time to exact revenge for the hits he pulls off. He's too smart and fast. He knows players are aiming to "get him" so he keeps his head up always and has a great sense of staying out of positions on the ice where he is vulnerable. And, yeah, good luck jumping him and taking an instigator. Have fun with the suspension the NHL would lay on someone for jumping its best offensive player, not to mention it would be hard to hurt him by doing so anyway since he's pretty flipping strong.
And weighs around 240.

Being that big and strong and fast with great balance, its surprising he doesn't hurt more guys.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
I don't use ro blame the refs, but last night...come on ? Terrible, thoses guys should not be in playoffs for sure.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Tough loss but they played real good against a very good team and deserved better. Miracle that the puck stayed out on the 5 on 3 and that overturned offsides goal was ********. Keep it up boys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad