Post-Game Talk: Game 66: Caps win in OT 2-1 - We're on to Florida

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
A player should not score from where Niskenen scored from with no traffic in front of the net. B's had at least a dozen tougher shots turned away by Grubauer. Not sure what the goal had to do with Chara. The team played great tonight but Krejci on the other hand played one of the worst games I've seen him play in a long time. He seems confused out there of late.

Hello here from Czech Republic. First time I saw Bruins live this year and I was quite dissapointed by Krejci Pastrnak combo. They obviously have chemistry and look elegant, except they were outplayed all the game and mostly stayed in their Dzone.

Was it just a coincidence or they look like this every game?

Pastrnak´s work still positevely surprised me though. Always thread in offence and tried to work hard defensively even if he wasnt always succesfull....

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Wished someone boarded that dirty Russian puke.

I'm just getting in from the game. For the first time in my 6 years as a STH I had someone thrown out. Intentionally pouring beer on me is one thing, and throwing popcorn is fine, **** I could have lived with them scuffing up my jerseys with the their shoes but once they started to threaten my little brother everything changed. Im a younger guy and I'm generally fine with most things but a bunch of older aged drunk guys picking on my little brother is ridiculous.

I was forced out of my old season ticket seats two years ago due to an error by my rep and since I have grown to hate going to these seats as I sit in front of the bruins group rate area in the corner... I miss my center ice seats so much

This play by Subban tonight made me laugh out loud too.

That is absolutely awesome. That clip will haunt him for his entire career. It's funny because MT called him out for exactly this kind of thing a month ago. guess he didn't learn.

Love it

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Just watched the game on DVR.

I just about popped a blood vessel in my brain when they called back that Krug goal. I'm still beside myself. There are actually two of me right now.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle

I just about popped a blood vessel in my brain when they called back that Krug goal. I'm still beside myself. There are actually two of me right now.

The coaches challenge is terrible, especially in a situation like that where in no time at all they were able to show multiple examples of that exact challenge on the same exact type of play with different outcomes.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Hello here from Czech Republic. First time I saw Bruins live this year and I was quite dissapointed by Krejci Pastrnak combo. They obviously have chemistry and look elegant, except they were outplayed all the game and mostly stayed in their Dzone.

Pastrnak´s work still positevely surprised me though. Always thread in offence and tried to work hard defensively even if he wasnt always succesfull....

Coincidence. They're building some chemistry but Pastrnak is still learning. I think Eriksson is better on that line instead of Beleskey but there has been some shuffling.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The coaches challenge is terrible, especially in a situation like that where in no time at all they were able to show multiple examples of that exact challenge on the same exact type of play with different outcomes.

I don`t mind certain things being permitted to be challenged, but this off side challenge is pure BS. IMO, about the only thing that should be permitted to be challenged are goals

indy

Oct 18, 2015

Oh man I laugh heartily at this. And then I saw your user name and actually guffawed. I rarely guffaw.

My hats off to both of you!:laugh:

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
I still cannot believe no one give it to him.

Chara had a prime opportunity to take a "clean" shot at him towards the end of the 2nd. Instead he approached Ovi like he was carrying a dozen of eggs from the grocery store.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

One play last night really irked me.

With just under 8 minutes left in the 2nd period while the Bruins were still leading 1-0, Pasta broke out down the left wing creating a nice 2 on 1 with Krejci on the right side and made a beautiful pass to DK which I thought he should've buried for a 2-0 lead, but wasn't even able to get his stick on the puck. At this point I yelled some profanities at the TV set scaring the dogs...and shortly after that, the Caps tied it up which produced more profane language.

Pasta is only 19 and still learning, and makes a fraction of DK's salary.

If anybody was hurting that line last night, it was definitely Krejci not Pastrnak.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Chara out on the ice during the 3 on 3 OT. {slow hand clap, faint whistle}The only place he should be at that time is in the dressing room.
***** move Claude.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Chara had a prime opportunity to take a "clean" shot at him towards the end of the 2nd. Instead he approached Ovi like he was carrying a dozen of eggs from the grocery store.

Every now and then you need to send the message.Especially vs that ******* team.Ovechkin should have been dealt with.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Bruins had exact same play go against them both ways.NHL is a joke .

Agreed. I think it should be in the hands of the folks in Toronto, rather than the refs looking at an 8 inch screen. How is it acceptable that in a league that generates hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue (by this I mean this is serious business, not some beer league), calls that could decide a game are made by looking at it in a device barely bigger than a phablet???

The best though should be that only those situations regarding violations at or near the crease when a goal was scored could be reviewed.
As it is now, I can't wait until something like a team cycling in the offensive zone for 45 seconds or more, scoring a good goal and then that goal being called back because a minute before the goal a skate might or might not have been in contact with the blue line (= as in so close, it is difficult to call), happens.
It will happen one day and then pretty much everyone will be outraged, rightfully so.

Last edited:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Just finished watching the game on DVR (had to take the wife out last night for our anniversary).

1. I thought the refs got the call right on the Krug no-goal review. I thought Erkisson's back skate was definitely off the ice. Not a fan of the challenge in general, and I've seen em screw up a lot of reviews this year, but I think they got that one right, unfortunately.

2. Ovechkin is a very lucky boy for not getting tossed. I don't think he intended to hurt Miller, but you could tell from his reaction after the whistle that he knew what he did. I hope Kevan is OK, but I don't think we'll see him soon. Looked like a collar bone.

3. OT goal was really soft. I can't put it all on Tuukka. He played well overall, but he needed to stop that one.

4. Krejci has been **** since the trade deadline. He needs to snap out of whatever funk he's in.

5. Tough loss. I don't fault the effort and we didn't have luck on our side. Put it behind us and lets take 4 points down in Florida. Totally possible given the way we've played as a team over these past 2 games.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Just finished watching the game on DVR (had to take the wife out last night for our anniversary).

1. I thought the refs got the call right on the Krug no-goal review. I thought Erkisson's back skate was definitely off the ice. Not a fan of the challenge in general, and I've seen em screw up a lot of reviews this year, but I think they got that one right, unfortunately.

2. Ovechkin is a very lucky boy for not getting tossed. I don't think he intended to hurt Miller, but you could tell from his reaction after the whistle that he knew what he did. I hope Kevan is OK, but I don't think we'll see him soon. Looked like a collar bone.

3. OT goal was really soft. I can't put it all on Tuukka. He played well overall, but he needed to stop that one.

4. Krejci has been **** since the trade deadline. He needs to snap out of whatever funk he's in.

5. Tough loss. I don't fault the effort and we didn't have luck on our side. Put it behind us and lets take 4 points down in Florida. Totally possible given the way we've played as a team over these past 2 games.

Congrats on the anniversary .

Good summation.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I'm just getting in from the game. For the first time in my 6 years as a STH I had someone thrown out. Intentionally pouring beer on me is one thing, and throwing popcorn is fine, **** I could have lived with them scuffing up my jerseys with the their shoes but once they started to threaten my little brother everything changed. Im a younger guy and I'm generally fine with most things but a bunch of older aged drunk guys picking on my little brother is ridiculous.

I was forced out of my old season ticket seats two years ago due to an error by my rep and since I have grown to hate going to these seats as I sit in front of the bruins group rate area in the corner... I miss my center ice seats so much

Why would the give you and your brother crap? Is your brother a Caps fan, or were they simply drunk idiots? Sorry to hear this.

rasto1979

Feb 1, 2012
One play last night really irked me.

With just under 8 minutes left in the 2nd period while the Bruins were still leading 1-0, Pasta broke out down the left wing creating a nice 2 on 1 with Krejci on the right side and made a beautiful pass to DK which I thought he should've buried for a 2-0 lead, but wasn't even able to get his stick on the puck. At this point I yelled some profanities at the TV set scaring the dogs...and shortly after that, the Caps tied it up which produced more profane language.

Pasta is only 19 and still learning, and makes a fraction of DK's salary.

If anybody was hurting that line last night, it was definitely Krejci not Pastrnak.

Krejci has not been good lately. Is he playing injured or is it regular season motivation issue. I would like to see more from him, hopefully next game.
btw that 2 on 1 i thought it was in couldnt believe that he didn't score there

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
The frustration is still lingering. During the game I wanted a response against Ovi, but in retrospect, how do you even do it? He's fast, he's huge - no one can even get near him, and if you do then you bounce off him. That's the most annoying part.

I just hope we answer by ripping the Panthers a new one.

There's a way to do it. Three guys should have jumped his ass.

I was so angry about the non response and terrible officiating I wanted to scream at my television. And, I did. Ovie just gliding around afterward, no one touching him. They should have punched his effing face in. You just can't have that.

A team doesn't need great skill or speed -- or even, particularly, an Adam McQuaid -- to respond immediately and in no uncertain terms to something like that. Failing to do so only encourages more of it.

How do teams earn a reputation of being "difficult to play against," physical, and intimidating? They don't let stuff like that go unanswered.

End rant. (*Sigh.*)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
My feeling on the coach's challenge.

Get rid of it entirely and if you do keep it-the challenge should be only with regards to interference and the person making the call is a team in Toronto and not the on ice refs. There should be no offside allowed. I liked it better when human error was in that part of the game. I would rather complain about a missed offside by a linesman leading to a goal than the missed call by the linesman reversed or not reversed for shared reason by the refs. The goal in the Flyers game felt like getting screwed twice.

As for Krejci-it's Krejci and frankly sometimes he has a bad night because the line he's matched against is playing him tough.

The whole Ovie thing bothers me a lot. Basically he took a player out of the game and the season on a dirtbag play and got a slap on the wrist. I am willing to bet any non star player would have been shown the door. I also have decided I hate playing the caps because every game they seriously injure one of our players and the refs ignore it (McQuaid) or let them off (Ovie whose 5 minute penalty was negated for 2 minutes by a face wash).

Oh and while he didn't play I hate Holtby too.

At least we got a point though-I was pretty sure we would lose both Thursday's game and yesterday's so 3 out of 4 isn't bad. It just stings that we may have had it won In Regulation if not for the coach's challenge.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Krejci has not been good lately. Is he playing injured or is it regular season motivation issue. I would like to see more from him, hopefully next game.
btw that 2 on 1 i thought it was in couldnt believe that he didn't score there

Me too. I couldn't believe it either.

If he would've at least got a shot on net, Grubauer would've had to make a spectacular save to stop it, but when DK didn't even get a piece of the puck I was very upset.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Why would the give you and your brother crap? Is your brother a Caps fan, or were they simply drunk idiots? Sorry to hear this.

They were just drunk idiots. Im still not sure what started it but man did it ruin my game. Some people truly go to these games looking to start **** and couldn't care less about the action on the ice which really is to bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad