Post-Game Talk: Game 66: Caps win in OT 2-1 - We're on to Florida

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Had lots to do yesterday and was able to watch the game just the same.
Unfortunately we came out as losers on OT but we had our opportunities and especially the 5-3 which part Caps goalie making some great stops and part on some of our players not finishing great chances to take advantage of the 5-3 and a few other PP which were not successful.

The other issue we had is the Krecji line where it seems not to be rolling on all cylinders...perhaps Pasta needs to be with a quicker centerman like Spooner and LE back with Krecji...something needs to give if this continues this way...Aside from the Krecji line itself, Krecji the player,has played very sub par and you can see his decision makings on the PP are also somewhat not very strong.
Is it a mental or physical thing or both? I am not sure but something is off for certain.I do not like what I am seeing from him the last little while but I want to say confident he will raise his level of play and if he does, this team will be that much better for it too.

I was not a big fan of what Liles did to draw that penalty because I am not one for players who like to fake their ways around but this is just a personal thing.
He probably was not impressed with the officiating and was trying to even things up but i have a hard time with the fake part of it.

The only drawback I noticed from the team is that their 3rd period performance seemed to be one playing for a 1-1 game and then try to go for the extra point in OT. I was hoping they would have continued pushing the play in the 3rd.

Rask played extremely solid but he unfortunately blew the last goal which I am certain he knows very well he should have saved.Nevertheless, Rask played well enough to allow his team to at least gain that important point.

Acciari played very well and love his style and commitment on the 4th line.
This is a positive spark right now.

I have seen good things the last two games from the new additions as well as the rest of our teams play.
If they can continue with the same level of intensity and better consistency with the next games coming up and fair very well with the big WC teams in the coming days in the middle of March, then I will believe this team can actually make some noise going into the po's and hopefully they can do bigger damage than we all expected from them.
They have a lot to prove to me and one way to get my approval that this team can compete seriously is to play very well the next couple of weeks and obviously down the stretch.
I know it is easier said than done but I trying to stay optimistic for the time being.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
They were just drunk idiots. Im still not sure what started it but man did it ruin my game. Some people truly go to these games looking to start **** and couldn't care less about the action on the ice which really is to bad.

I'm sincerely sorry to hear this. Unfortunately there are idiots everywhere, and you have to keep your eyes open.

It may not be possible but you might explain to whoever is in charge that this has been an ongoing issue, and request other seats. You could try, anyway.

The other thing, believe it or not, is to try to reach Cam, or Charlie Jacobs. I know. But, you never know. :)

May I ask, are you an NU alum? I am. :yo::yo::nod::nod:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Had lots to do yesterday and was able to watch the game just the same.
Unfortunately we came out as losers on OT but we had our opportunities and especially the 5-3 which part Caps goalie making some great stops and part on some of our players not finishing great chances to take advantage of the 5-3 and a few other PP which were not successful.

The other issue we had is the Krecji line where it seems not to be rolling on all cylinders...perhaps Pasta needs to be with a quicker centerman like Spooner and LE back with Krecji...something needs to give if this continues this way...Aside from the Krecji line itself, Krecji the player,has played very sub par and you can see his decision makings on the PP are also somewhat not very strong.
Is it a mental or physical thing or both? I am not sure but something is off for certain.I do not like what I am seeing from him the last little while but I want to say confident he will raise his level of play and if he does, this team will be that much better for it too.

I was not a big fan of what Liles did to draw that penalty because I am not one for players who like to fake their ways around but this is just a personal thing.
He probably was not impressed with the officiating and was trying to even things up but i have a hard time with the fake part of it.

The only drawback I noticed from the team is that their 3rd period performance seemed to be one playing for a 1-1 game and then try to go for the extra point in OT. I was hoping they would have continued pushing the play in the 3rd.

Rask played extremely solid but he unfortunately blew the last goal which I am certain he knows very well he should have saved.Nevertheless, Rask played well enough to allow his team to at least gain that important point.

Acciari played very well and love his style and commitment on the 4th line.
This is a positive spark right now.

I have seen good things the last two games from the new additions as well as the rest of our teams play.
If they can continue with the same level of intensity and better consistency with the next games coming up and fair very well with the big WC teams in the coming days in the middle of March, then I will believe this team can actually make some noise going into the po's and hopefully they can do bigger damage than we all expected from them.
They have a lot to prove to me and one way to get my approval that this team can compete seriously is to play very well the next couple of weeks and obviously down the stretch.
I know it is easier said than done but I trying to stay optimistic for the time being.

Where do you hail from, my fine friend? I have always wondered.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Oh yeah, **** the refs and **** the joke that is the NHL officiating. Not the reason the Bruins lost, but there is ZERO consistency on these offside challenges or goalie interference. Zero. And the ref standing at the Caps bench for a minute looking like a baffoon while Trotz has a conference call before challenging? Bush league.

That was the most maddening part of the whole challenge. Sutherland is an incompetent sack of ****. Waiting and waiting for the coaches upstairs to relay the fact they wanted to challenge down to Trotz. It was the height of idiocy. NHL officiating baffles me, every night.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I know Claude has claimed he plays to win and not to lose, but I have a hard time believing it when he shortens his bench for the third period, heck he shortened it after the first. The fourth line has been pushing the puck in the right direction for the first time this year but still has no confidence in them and consequently overplaying the other lines resulting in guys being a bit more fatigued, naturally they wouldn't be pushing the pace as much. Hopefully it's just a matter of gaining Claude's trust.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
I'm just getting in from the game. For the first time in my 6 years as a STH I had someone thrown out. Intentionally pouring beer on me is one thing, and throwing popcorn is fine, **** I could have lived with them scuffing up my jerseys with the their shoes but once they started to threaten my little brother everything changed. Im a younger guy and I'm generally fine with most things but a bunch of older aged drunk guys picking on my little brother is ridiculous.

I was forced out of my old season ticket seats two years ago due to an error by my rep and since I have grown to hate going to these seats as I sit in front of the bruins group rate area in the corner... I miss my center ice seats so much

I'm sorry to hear that man. I stopped going to games due to similar experiences. Once my wife was involved (drunk and high college kids that were clearly their on mommy and daddy's dime inundated the section and were not paying attention to the game - they were solely focused on getting more of their friends to sit in the section by stealing other people's seats, and kept kicking the back of my wife's chair / neck), I was done.

I don't even look at the prices to plan a game / pretend purchase tickets anymore. Not interested in going. The atmosphere in the affordable seats, sucks.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Clode hasn't gotten the first line right all year. I think a majority of posters here see that Pasternak is not a fit with Krejci. Yet he still puts the two together. I would love to to see a version of the Spooner line towards the end of last year. Since people think Spooner has been better defensively because of Clodes work, why not do 88 51 39? Just for one game.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Clode hasn't gotten the first line right all year. I think a majority of posters here see that Pasternak is not a fit with Krejci. Yet he still puts the two together. I would love to to see a version of the Spooner line towards the end of last year. Since people think Spooner has been better defensively because of Clodes work, why not do 88 51 39? Just for one game.

I think to see pasta with spooner you'd end up with a line like;

eriksson-spooner-pasta.. i like it too but then you end up with

belesky-krecji-hayes (yikes! you thought DK wasn't geling with pasta but i don't see him blending with Hayes either)

i would try/like to see belesky-krecji-connolly... if connolly can get open DK can feed him the puck, we all know connolly is a shooter so it would make sense to put him with a playmaker. sort of like the lucic/horton days.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Krejci wasn't setting the world on fire with Eriksson either. Added together they weren't providing a PPG ES average.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Must suck living behind enemy lines :help:

Suck does not do justice.....it is so repulsive to endure the media, team and fan base that they feel to entitled to this game of hockey.....
Over the years, I have changed my ways and I have become less frustrated with the entire situation because I refuse to watch any of the scabs games unless they are playing the Bruins...I do not listen to any sports shows from Montreal or even their segments they may have on local tv stations.
I do not engage in nay hockey talk with any scabs fan.
I will tell them that either I do not follow hockey or that I do not like sports in general and this usually ends the conversation very quickly.
This has helped me very much to remove myself from all the aggravation it would give me in past years.
I have been doing this since 1998 and I will continue until my last breathe too.
In my family, my wife is a Bruins fan, my eldest (23) goes for Ottawa and my youngest (21) routes for the Flames.
My eldest brother is a Hawks fan and my two other brothers who have passed away were both Red Wings fan all thanks to Mr.Howe( sorry Ashnathan)

I have 4 nephews and only one is a scabs fan but he knows very well he cannot talk about them in my house and if I am visiting him, he does not engage with me in any matter about the scabs but will talk about it to others in his household.
My other three nephews all cheer for different USA teams and therefore this tends to make matters easier because we all feel the same way about the scabs.

On my wife's side, there is 3 scab but they are not hard core lovers, they just kind of follow a little more when they see their team doing better and when they are not they are like Elmer Fudd would say....WERRY,WERRY, QUIET people.....Just the way I like them to be.....:laugh::laugh:

Sorry about the long write up, but I just wanted to give you and whoever else whom may be interested a small view on how I manage scab stress in Montreal......

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Kerry Fraser writes on why Ovi was not given a misconduct

Based on the location of the check (from behind) and the force of impact with the boards by Miller that resulted in an obvious shoulder injury, the referee made the correct judgment to impose a boarding major penalty to Alexander Ovechkin.

If more velocity had been generated by Ovechkin and a different launch into the boards had resulted to Miller, the referee might have assessed rule 43 (checking from behind). This rule has no provision for a minor penalty; only a major and automatic game misconduct.

It wasn’t ‘star status’ that prevented the ref from throwing Ovi out of the game but the fact that Miller’s injury wasn’t to his face or head as the rule requires.

http://www.tsn.ca/c-mon-ref-status-didn-t-impact-ovi-decision-1.449316

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I'm sincerely sorry to hear this. Unfortunately there are idiots everywhere, and you have to keep your eyes open.

It may not be possible but you might explain to whoever is in charge that this has been an ongoing issue, and request other seats. You could try, anyway.

The other thing, believe it or not, is to try to reach Cam, or Charlie Jacobs. I know. But, you never know. :)

May I ask, are you an NU alum? I am. :yo::yo::nod::nod:

Not to bring up a dead thread but yeah I am. Graduated in 2013 with a degree in engineering. I love that school the co-op program has done so much for me already its amazing.

And I got a response from my rep but it was more of the same stuff about moving during select a seat. I'll keep asking and see what happens... and yeah it was just bad luck getting people like that behind us but no one got arrested so that's always good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad