Post-Game Talk: Game 66: Caps win in OT 2-1 - We're on to Florida

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Looks to me that it was a rotation and he was late to cover.

Well pretty much any defensemen in the league is going to be late to cover the goddamn point in their own defensive zone.

There is a reason why no coach in the history of hockey has their defensemen rotate to the point to cover the other defensemen.

Absurd to blame Chara there. :laugh:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Not satisfied. Should have been a 3-1 game.

Overall I'm really impressed with the effort these past two games, but I get scared that they're going to sacrifice points like this then have those "oops" games against easier opponents..

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
whatever. Great game by Tuukka. Hope Ovi and the Caps choke until he retires. **** him

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The reason Chara should not be out in OT is because OT is about two things: possession and cycle. You have to constantly be moving.

Chara, being the Bruins' best shutdown D is out of place because you simply do not need or want a shutdown D in OT out there. You have to be in constant motion on both offense and defense.

You can put Kevan Miller out there, who I cannot stand, over Chara in OT.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
What other options does he have?
That's right. None.

I put anyone else on the ice before Chara, anyone. He is way to slow to even sniff 3v3

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Great game
By the Bs

To beat Chicago and Washington back to back is a great sign especially holding them to 1 and 2 goals

Time to get some Wins in Florida

Let's go Bruins

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Before the **** on Tuukka crowd comes in, as I see we have the usuals showing up after a loss, the last goal was soft.

However, if he didnt play like he did tonight they wouldnt even gotten a point or got to overtime.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Should of never had Chara on the ice. Period. Krug goal should of counted. Terrible officiating.

Overall good effort. Should have won. Hopefully Colin gets the call up.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
Well pretty much any defensemen in the league is going to be late to cover the goddamn point in their own defensive zone.

There is a reason why no coach in the history of hockey has their defensemen rotate to the point to cover the other defensemen.

Absurd to blame Chara there. :laugh:

This is not 5 on 5 . Man on man , one man drops off the other has to rotate.

And there is a reason why no NHL coach has a 6'9 "speedburner"on the ice 3 on 3, :shakehead

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Tremendous effort against the Hawks and Caps.

Means more than the points to me anyways.

Sucks the game was won on a goal like that because apart from that I thought Rask had a strong game.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Refs, Ovi...

ar.gif

Bearclaw

Jul 25, 2013
California
You don't usually win a game when you go 0-4 (or was it 5?) on the PP, get a goal called back, and then not score on a 5-on-3. The writing was on the wall.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
The refs gifted them two goals (our 2nd, their first). Ovechkin should have been ejected with a match penalty. We should have had a full five minute PP (unlikely we'd score I suppose).

Brutal, brutal, brutal.

Claude needs to earn a fine tonight.

I am severely disappointed in Chara tonight. Didn't think I'd ever feel that way about him so truly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad