Native American woman who worked as cultural advisor to Blackhawks sues team for sex harassment, fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
That organization is top notch, a true representation of rotted carcass boys club that the NHL is comprised of. Even if we question the merits and motivations of this individual, they still used their charitable foundation to pay off a tribe so that they wouldn't have to rebrand from their racist logo.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
Read until the end of the article before coming in and saying something about the organization.

Done. Looks like they cut her out and essentially paid the tribe for its support. In a vacuum, I could see this as a Nothingburger. But it's not in a vacuum. There is always a lot of smoke coming from the the Hawks organization.

That said, the sexual harrassment stuff is big.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Done. Looks like they cut her out and essentially paid the tribe for its support. In a vacuum, I could see this as a Nothingburger. But it's not in a vacuum. There is always a lot of smoke coming from the the Hawks organization.

That said, the sexual harrassment stuff is big.
They also gifted the tribe a Blackhawk helicopter…for some reason :laugh:

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Read until the end of the article before coming in and saying something about the organization.

This is America 2024 where you are guilty until proven innocent in the court of public opinion. Even then it wouldn't matter if you are innocent, the stink remains.

I just enjoy the meme of the Blackhawks can do no wrong and are gifted everything.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
"I think it became clear that there was no intention to change the logo," Sanders said. "I felt like they basically used me."

"Sanders is no longer working for the team, and she said it goes beyond her opposition to the logo. In her lawsuit filed Tuesday night, she alleges breach of oral contract, fraud, sexual harassment and violation of the Gender Violence Act, among other allegations.

"I feel abused, traumatized, used," Sanders said.

There's a clear and apparently admitted throughline that I think will be very difficult gaslight away here.

If there's one thing we can know to a certainty, it's that opportunistic and frivolous identity politics have little room to grow in Chicago's political soil.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I realize who the organization is but this is honestly a nothing story, cliff notes:

1. Brought in as part of a group to improve relations between Hawks organization and native Americans, says the name is racist and must be changed.
  2. Hawks say no and (after donating a wad of cash and a FREAKIN HELICOPTER, THATS SICK) the groups agree and no longer want the name changed.
  3. She still wants them to change their name, so they constructively dismiss her
  4. Once this happens she accuses someone of sexual harassment despite never mentioning it at the time to anyone.
  5. The accused doesn't work for the Hawks, just someone attached to a company they hired as part of this outreach.

It's like if Applebee's used Hire Waiters LLC to hire all their staff, and at a store location, one waiter harassed another. Should Applebee's be held liable in this scenario? No IMO.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
"I think it became clear that there was no intention to change the logo," Sanders said. "I felt like they basically used me."

"Sanders is no longer working for the team, and she said it goes beyond her opposition to the logo. In her lawsuit filed Tuesday night, she alleges breach of oral contract, fraud, sexual harassment and violation of the Gender Violence Act, among other allegations.

"I feel abused, traumatized, used," Sanders said.

There's a clear and apparently admitted throughline that I think will be very difficult gaslight away here.

If there's one thing we can know to a certainty, it's that opportunistic and frivolous identity politics have little room to grow in Chicago's political soil.
It’s like getting a job at McDonalds because you love the McRib and the manager said they’re thinking of keeping it full time and then suing them when they take it off the menu

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Can Batman step in and appoints Celebrini to Blackhawks with Ottawa's first round pick. I know all is very wrong in this post :D

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Guess I'll post the gif

accident.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad