GDT: Game 56: Red Wings vs avs 7:00 pm et 2/22/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Islanders, Lightning, and Devils all lose <3
Oh that's glorious. Devils fans talk some shit.

the-great-outdoors-comedy.gif

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
So Detroit is a buyer at the deadline to add...

...a 4th goalie? :D
Red Wings trade their next three firsts for Saros and Markstrom, revolutionize the NHL by playing three forwards, a goalie, and two defensemen in extra thick pads who just sit in the net.

Turns out Lalonde is being Ratatouilled by the ghost of Roger Nielson.

Since Lalonde is bald, I'll leave it to you to figure out which hair Roger's ghost is pulling.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I still can't believe we haven't beaten them since 2017??!!! That was in the Joe. Damn! 😳

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
Extra sweet with all the fools writing off DRW at the beginning of the yr
This.
They still have things to learn, personnel adjustments to make, rookies to get into the fold, etc...
But, this is the important part: This team has managed to move past a culture of losing/expecting to lose. I wonder how much of Stevie's decisions were around that, because it can't be all that great coming into the league as a young player learning only frustration...

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hoping for a Kane, Sprong and Lyon extension...

Lyon has one more year at a dirt cheap $900k salary. The rest of the team should be giving him money every game for saving their collective asses.

I had to diagnose my housemate's car, so I missed what appears to have been quite a goaltending duel. Glad to see Lyon is back in his groove. People here were worried about overworking him, considering how he played after the All Star break, I'd be more concerned about giving him any extended time off, lol. He better play every game except B2B.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
That was unexpected, especially considering the first period.

They ended up being pretty good at handling the Avs' nightmare cycle.

Seider had some brain farts. Kane looked tired most of the game. Maybe it's time to start scheduling some games off for him like they originally planned.

Poor DBC. Gripping that stick a little too tight. He'll find the net again soon enough.

Beer League Bender

Feb 28, 2023
Game on Saturday is "national broadcast" which I'm guessing = I can't watch it.
I’ve found that to be true in West MI also. Very annoying that I can hardly catch any games. My buddy has Bally and said it crashes more than 5+ times a game so I have never paid the $20 a month for it. This new world of streaming everything sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad