GDT: Game 56: Red Wings vs avs 7:00 pm et 2/22/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
The glove dryer?
Ahhh, that could be it (looking at pics online). Thanks! I guess I could post a screen grab too.
equipment.JPG

Last edited:

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
I noticed they played that goal song again from the 1997 season. Fitting it's against the likes of Colorado and Philadelphia.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Anybody else want Boston in the first round, think we matchup very well against them.
They're the last team I want to face honestly. Playoff vet team with a defense first mentality, goalies who can steal games, and an absolute chip on their shoulder after losing in the first round last year. I'd much prefer the Rangers haha.

Reactions: 14ari13 and Gniwder

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
With the depth this team has, I don't have a problem seeing them winning a round or two. It is a team that is hard to play against.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
With the depth this team has, I don't have a problem seeing them winning a round or two. It is a team that is hard to play against.
If the wings went into the playoffs right now, a lot of teams wouldnt want to play them. Elite special teams, a lot of scoring depth so that a top dog getting shutdown might not impact them as much and really on a streak of good hockey right now.

Theres a lot of time left in the season so who knows what could happen down the stretch, but right now with how theyre playing, theyre definitely a team that could win a round or two

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
If the wings went into the playoffs right now, a lot of teams wouldnt want to play them. Elite special teams, a lot of scoring depth so that a top dog getting shutdown might not impact them as much and really on a streak of good hockey right now.

Theres a lot of time left in the season so who knows what could happen down the stretch, but right now with how theyre playing, theyre definitely a team that could win a round or two
It's been years and it's nice. Stop Larks - OK, but what about Kane? Stop him too - oh crap, DeBrincat's pressuring. Stop all 3 - damn that Sprong guy! Etc. etc.

Finally they're not just a one-line team again. I'm digging it.

Reactions: newfy

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
With 26 games left to be played I just want the Wings to make it to the first round.

If that happens don’t care who they play.
Yes as soon as I hit the post button I had instant regret, thinking Im getting way ahead of myself. So if we collaspe and miss the playoffs I want to formally apologize to everybody lol.
They're the last team I want to face honestly. Playoff vet team with a defense first mentality, goalies who can steal games, and an absolute chip on their shoulder after losing in the first round last year. I'd much prefer the Rangers haha.
There team is based on goaltending unless there able to make a big move at the deadline there spine of the team is very ordinary. Im getting pretty excited, I think the east is pretty weak and it's a great year to buy a lottery ticket.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
If Detroit can hit 14 by the TDL then I think they're safely going to make the playoffs as a wildcard. That's only 6 points in their next 7.

Detroit has 8 points in the last 5. The next 3 games are St. Louis, Chicago and Washington. It won't be easy but it's achievable.

• Wow
Reactions: Ezekial

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
With 26 games left to be played I just want the Wings to make it to the first round.

If that happens don’t care who they play.
The one and only time the Detroit Lions and the Detroit Red Wings won a round in the same season was in 1952. They both won the 'ship that year.

They've both made the playoffs 14 times in 90 seasons.

I'd love to see them both make and win a round in the playoffs for the second time.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I watched last night, but was in no position to participate in the live GDT. But man, that was an impressive win over a great team. Well done, boys!

Reactions: 14ari13

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yes as soon as I hit the post button I had instant regret, thinking Im getting way ahead of myself. So if we collaspe and miss the playoffs I want to formally apologize to everybody lol.

There team is based on goaltending unless there able to make a big move at the deadline there spine of the team is very ordinary. Im getting pretty excited, I think the east is pretty weak and it's a great year to buy a lottery ticket.
I don't agree. Their offense has outscored ours (albeit in 2 more games played). Their defense is legit. They're a very well rounded team and the favorite in the East for me. NYR also a really solid team of course but I'd much rather play them.

Fynn

Apr 23, 2017
Great game, but I was consistently annoyed how Ken Daniels insists on saying Drouin's name, as drew-ANN. He does the same thing with Tyler Seguin. It's not say-GANN. DREW-in, SAY-gin.

Off my hooked on phonics box. Trying to be hopeful about a playoff birth, but don't want to be gut punched if they miss out.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Great game, but I was consistently annoyed how Ken Daniels insists on saying Drouin's name, as drew-ANN. He does the same thing with Tyler Seguin. It's not say-GANN. DREW-in, SAY-gin.

Off my hooked on phonics box. Trying to be hopeful about a playoff birth, but don't want to be gut punched if they miss out.

With Drouin I think Daniels is giving the non-French speaker attempt at pronouncing Drouin's name with a French accent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad