GDT: Game 56: Red Wings vs avs 7:00 pm et 2/22/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (29).png

Screenshot (30).png

Lyon is in net, same lines as last game. let's Go boys!
Rasmussen-Larkin-Kane
DeBrincat-Compher-Raymond
Perron-Copp-Veleno
Fabbri-Fischer-Sprong
Kostin
Walman-Seider
Chiarot-Petry
Maatta-Gostisbehere
Holl
Lyon/Reimer

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
View attachment 823380
View attachment 823381

Lyon is in net, same lines as last game. let's Go boys!
Rasmussen-Larkin-Kane
DeBrincat-Compher-Raymond
Perron-Copp-Veleno
Fabbri-Fischer-Sprong
Kostin
Walman-Seider
Chiarot-Petry
Maatta-Gostisbehere
Holl
Lyon/Reimer

I'd like to see Ray and Kane swap places for this game so they can be matched up against the Avs top line. Kane is a defensive liability.

Glad Holl is sitting.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'd like to see Ray and Kane swap places for this game so they can be matched up against the Avs top line. Kane is a defensive liability.

Don't think Kane is any worse defensive liability than Drouin is against him.

Larkin will match his speed against MacKinnon and Ras tries to shut down Rantanen.

If this will go even, Red Wings will definitely win the matchup with better depth at 2-3-4 lines.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

Glad Holl is sitting.
I think they will be using line 2 to go against mckinnon line. Compher would play him pretty well and as you said, kane is going to be way to slow for that line.

Reactions: DatsDeking

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Glad Holl is sitting.
I don't think we have any combination to mach AVS top line

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"Colorado is sometimes known as the Centennial State because it entered the Union in 1876 - one hundred years after the birth of the nation. And it seems like it's been nigh on one hundred years since the Avalanche and the Red Wings had their great rivalry. The two teams may no longer hate each other, and the Avs are looking pretty solid this season, but Detroit needs a home ice win tonight to make sure that their next playoff appearance doesn't take a hundred years."

- Plausible Keats

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
It's probably been said but does anyone else think JT Compher looks like Zetterberg in the face with his helmet on?

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
if they're going to be this dominant offensively, and their goalie is going to make great saves through traffic, and they're going to get the benefit of every chincy icing call, this is going to be a tough game

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I love Ken and Mick as much as anybody, and I love that they are even handed, but I think "THERE IT IS!!!" should be reserved for the Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad